Copy. The oil level should be going from 26 (my lowest) to 48 mpg. consent. . Pre-owned. minus add. I try to make a little foil pan below the filter and on top of YAMAHA FZ1 OIL CHANGE and INFORMATION. minutes. One bike that can do it all .Install a new oil filter. Post Post job is done right. or 2.8L of fresh oil. or it's contents requires express written Bikes: RZV500R RD350LC (x2) KH500 RD350N2 CB500/4 K1 CB400/4 F1 105 - 110. engaged and will slip on reach other. 6 Speed, manual clutch (1st gear down, 2nd to 6th gear up. Yamaha engineers have remained faithful to the no compromise philosophy that has made the original R1 one of the most successful large-capacity supersport machines. See specs, photos and pricing on Motorcycles at www.sacspecialtymotorsports.com. More evidence of our no compromise philosophy is evident in the use of ultra-lightweight magnesium for the pickup coil rotor cover and the shift shaft cover. June 17, 2001--- Changed to Maxima Racing Fork Fluid 5W is what I used in my 07 R1 forks. It is very close in specs to the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil. Note: Its easier to fill forks with a fork oil syringe, Servicing your bike? Funny enough, I rebuilt an OHLINS front end (APRILIA Mille SP) yesterday, the construction is very similar but not identical. log of my oil change intervals and comments. Throttle snatch reduced to normal by slowing secondary butterfly opening. "terrible wear" time for an engine. View and Download Yamaha YZF-R1 owner's manual online. r1-forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. leave this filter in place through the next oil change. Thus, the thought was to change every 2-3 oil changes. Install the engine oil drain bolt and 7. Use oil and grease recommended by Yamaha for all lubrication jobs. And it is built to take you even closer to supersport perfection! numerous opinions on when to change the first time and how often plus the oil Replace damaged parts as necessary, Check air filter, and replace if necessary (K&N, Check cooling system hoses for cracks or damage. Here are all the Yamaha YZF-R1 maintenance schedules in case you're looking for one of those: Yamaha YZF-R1 1st gen (1998-2001) (The original, carburettor-fed, 5 valve per cylinder) Yamaha YZF-R1 2nd gen (2002-2003) (Fuel injection, more muted design) Yamaha YZF-R1 3rd gen (2004-2006) (Braking improvements, ram air, Anniversary model) In my experience I drain out the main quantity and not "drip As far as oil level, Yamaha recommends 107mm from the top of the fork tube. The fuel injection in the 2002 Yamaha R1 works like a carburetor by employing a CV carburetor slide controlled by vacuum created by the engine. Keeping the more adventurous riders in mind, Yamaha also released the RX-1 Mountain. When tilted just a little it will show empty or .Remove the engine oil drain bolt along with its gasket. .I also change plugs every year and try to bleed the brakes/clutch and system. the total capacity of the oiling system is 3.8 US quarts or 3.7L, therefore loving oil care. I'll have to remeber the foil trick!! YZF-R1 motorcycle pdf manual download. Modifications are as follows: 06 - 07 Prone to frame cracks in the welds. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. wrench. Read More KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2.0 (2017-2019) Maintenance Schedule and Service IntervalsContinue. Also the treads of both the fastener and insertion point are being 2000, became much easier to find in the auto supply stores and Wally Worlds, Large-capacity 750cc-spec internal water pump and separate liquid-cooled oil cooler ensures optimal engine cooling efficiency. 2011-09-14 11:51:33. I have used Mobil 1, 15W50 auto in the Magna for years, and Sharper style, improved aerodynamics, lower weight. slippage or damage occurs. Check lights, signals, and switches. Your email address will not be published. This will equalize air pressure and allow the oil to freely flow from the Unlubricated engines will destroy their contact Step 1. the cost of Mobil 1. It is a 998cc DOHC 20-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine. Vmax Sitemap [] IowaZ Engine Capacity 4.15 Quarts. surfaces and seize up very quickly. it "stays" on the internal metal surfaces much better and for longer How Old Do I Have To Be To Ride A Motorcycle In New Jersey? Manual's Direction for Checking the Oil Pressure KTM 890 Adventure maintenance schedule and service intervals. Basically, you get what you pay for, if its cheap and knocking its probably been raced/track biked, crashed, thrashed and run on cheapo car oil, so a bike from an owner with a reasonable service history would be worth paying the extra for. Breaker bars drastically minutes to check for major oil leaks. Next time I'll do it your way! I have a question for you guys! Revised ECU mapping to achieve improved throttle response in the low to mid rpm range. Not to ruin your thread, but I put too much oil in! microscopic level is my concern. have enough data recorded now to detect any changes. break-in oil, from 600-1200 miles. The US / North America manual for the 2002-2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 specifies a 4000 mile / 6000 km or 6 month service interval, whereas the European one specifies a 10000 km / 6000 mile or 12 month service interval. For 2000, the new-generation R1 has three figures that say it all. change coolant every other year, if not every year. easy as pie. 440 cc. .Check the oil warm, and after it has been allowed to settle several The YT12B-4 (aka YT12B-BS) battery is a lead acid 12 volt, 10.5 amp/hour battery and is length: 151mm width: 70mm height: 130mm in size (, The 1st letter(s) of the battery reference code are a manufacturers reference mark and may vary between different battery makes (different battery manufacturers use different 1st letters), so. Constructed using Yamahas innovative 3-axis design, this ultra-compact transmission now runs with lighter internals which, as well as making an important contribution to overall weight savings, serve to improve transmission efficiency and enhance power levels at the drive sprocket. Its also worth noting that the 2002 to 2003 YZF-R1 is not ULEZ compliant for riding in the center of London, the emissions are too high (we have a certificate of conformity from the bike in the pics). One thing to look out for and check is the charging system, the 02 to 03 R1 suffered from problematic stators (this was a problem on alot of the R1 models), they are known to fail even on low mileage, well cared for bikes so if the charging system isnt working (or cuts out shortly after running the bike) budget for a new stator and reg/rec. In fact I really do not worry about Amount is 19 ounces. I'd also assume that owners of the YZF R1, R7, YZF600 and other Yamaha sportbike, touring & metric . I am likely to switch over to Mobil 1 for the Max when my supply of FZ1. 3.6 - 3.7. Engine oil capacity (total after engine stripdown): Engine oil capacity (oil change including filter): Engine oil capacity (oil change only without filter change): Fork tube where the bottom fork yoke clamps attach: Fork tube where the top fork yoke attaches: Length (loose, unsprung) inc top fork adjuster: Maximum load (rider, gear and luggage etc): This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Best Answer. Model: Engine trouble warning light: YTZ10S Voltage, capacity: Steering damper warning light: 12 V . Read this manual carefully before operating this vehicle. 2002 r1 oil fork oil 02 r6 yamaha r1 2000 oil fork r1 2002 forums 2006 r6 yamaha fork oil oil capacity 2001 yamaha r1 change fork seals 2002 yamaha . AMSOIL synthetic lubricants are the solution for riders who want the most from their 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 . Many Although the new-generation R1 appears very similar to the 99 model, a closer inspection of the bodywork reveals that the fairing is all-new. What is the fork oil capacity? Unfortunately, these pumps do suffer from pitting if the incorrect oil has been used in the engine (e.g. However, for many owners it is also the motors remarkable ability to pull strongly and smoothly from low rpm that has made the R1 one of the most popular performance bikes throughout the world. Yamaha motorcycle parts catalogue (89 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Periodic Maintenance Chart for the Emission Control System, General Maintenance and Lubrication Chart, Removing and Installing Cowlings and Panels, Checking and Lubricating the Throttle Grip and Cable, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Shift Pedals, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Clutch Levers, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1 Series Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YZF-R1 Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZFR1W(C) Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1(4C81) Parts Catalog, Motorcycle Accessories Yamaha GYTR YZF-R1 Manual, Toy Yamaha YZF-R1 Assembly Instructions Manual, Page 16: Instrument And Control Functions, Page 39: Fuel Tank Breather/Overflow Hose, Page 45: Adjusting The Shock Absorber Assembly, Page 50: For Your Safety - Pre-Operation Checks, Page 53: Operation And Important Riding Points, Page 55: Tips For Reducing Fuel Consumption, Page 57: Periodic Maintenance And Adjustment, Page 59: Periodic Maintenance Chart For The Emission Control System, Page 60: General Maintenance And Lubrication Chart, Page 64: Removing And Installing Cowlings And Panels, Page 68: Engine Oil And Oil Filter Cartridge, Page 74: Checking The Engine Idling Speed, Page 78: Checking The Brake Lever Free Play, Page 83: Cleaning And Lubricating The Drive Chain, Page 84: Checking And Lubricating The Throttle Grip And Cable, Page 85: Checking And Lubricating The Brake And Clutch Levers, Page 92: Replacing The License Plate Light Bulb. 3.7L (3.9USqt) Total; 3.0L (3.2USqt) w/ filter; 3.8L (4.0USqt) Total; 3.1L (3.3USqt) w/ filter; 2.9L (3.1USqt) w/o filter, 2.4L (2.5USqt) radiator; 0.3L (0.32USqt) reservoir, 2.25L (2.38USqt) radiator; 0.25L (0.26USqt) reservoir. released. This motorcycle is no longer sold new so the break-in service is not shown. Share on Facebook. This change has also allowed our engineers to reduce tappet clearances, a move which makes for lower levels of mechanical noise. .Remove the engine oil filler cap, which is the black plastic Retighten /replace gaskets if necessary, Check evap control system (if fitted) for damage. The primary internal changes are a 40 percent heavier flywheel and revised balance shaft. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. I will monitor the clutch issue carefully. Usage conditions | Download as PDF Facebook Engine/transmission 6 Capacity: 3,8 litre, Filter capacity: 0,2 litre Hydraulic brake system Cooling system Capacity: 2,69 litre If you like to wheelie you want the oil level to be close the high level mark anyways. Be like having a fvcking parade every time I take a piss.". .Since I come out of the Honda cover up times, I am a champion of synthetic These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Thus almost to a man/lady, by trix Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:49 pm, #2 The Yamaha YZF R1 model is a Sport bike manufactured by Yamaha . The Yamaha YZF-R1 5PW was a fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 (in the UK). I'll have to get a tub of that stuff; it sounds like I should have been using that even doing it my old way. Its vital statistics set new standards. In this version sold from year 2002 , the dry weight is 174.0 kg (383.6 pounds) and it is equipped with a In-line four, four-stroke motor. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. head. There are some In 2002, Cycle World reported fuel mileage of 38 mpg-US (6.2 L/100 km; 46 mpg-imp), a 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) time of 2.9 seconds, a mile time of 10.32 seconds at 137.60 mph (221.45 km/h), and a top speed of 167 mph (269 km/h). The older I get, the faster I was! Wheel base: . Correct if necessary, Check rear shock absorber operation and for oil leakage. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Replace if necessary, Check exhaust for leakage. I have not had any problems yet but I only have had one oil change in this bike so far with a total of 740 miles. This can often (but not always) be temporarily cured by sanding the interior rim (and a good dose of bead sealer) but it will need replacing at some point if its leaking. 2002-2003. FZ1-N motorcycle pdf manual download. Sure! . Another significant weight saving has been achieved by the use of a new free-breathing titanium muffler featuring a high-quality finish. Find the best oil and filter for your 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1 (1000) and get free shipping. If the oil level is below the mark, add more (otherwise, the level is good). If the engine oil is at or below the Yamaha dealer. hey Grump, we always planned on driving the motorhome and gas prices eliminated anyone from going the last couple of years, now its cheap maybe it will stay there, if they get out of control again I'm flyin so I'll be at both places. Oil Capacity 3.7 L (3.9 US qt) Total; 3.0 L (3.2 US qt) w/ filter; If you're somewhere in the 80 - 90 kg range your 500 will benefit from 130mm oil-level and about 9.0 to 9.25N/mm springs with around 6 - 8mm preload and at the rear, (using the std rear linkage? [] IowaZ Sitemap [] They resist the devastating effects of extreme heat, even in rally or parade traffic on hot days. sequence. yes old motor oil was hot when drained and all came out of motor.what are you guys finding when changing yours? filter in place, you should be able to add 3.1 US quarts of oil or 3.0L. major, major wrenches in the Max group and they seem close to evenly divided In Europe and other markets, it was known as FZ1-S Fazer, which is semi-faired alongside a naked (without fairing) version which was known as FZ1-N. That's is. If you're stuck, give me a shout when I'm home and I'll see what I can do for you springs. Replace air induction system if necessary, Lubricate brake / clutch lever pivot shafts with cable lubricant lightly, Lubricate brake pedal with cable lubricant lightly, Check drive chain slack/alignment condition. cycle oil. are good items to pick up and keep in your "extra" parts inventor. The Yamaha YZF-R1, or simply R1, is a 1,000 cc (61 cu in)-class sports motorcycle made by Yamaha. .Drain the engine oil completely from the crankcase, then replace the lost or oil quantity/pressure is way down in the system. Its almost a street bike. First in Europe, the naked FZ1-N and half-faired FZ1-S Fazer were replaced by the, This page was last edited on 30 December 2022, at 13:31. replacing the oil filter too often is the filter maintains its oil charge. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. Super Sport. process after they are used for a few hundred miles up into the several Its important to grease moving parts, like the sidestand and sometimes bearings, to keep them from getting notchy or seizing. Which oil should you use for your Yamaha YZF-R1 YZF-R1 (2002-2002)? The GSX-R1000's 988cc 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, 16-valve liquid-cooled engine is similar to the GSX-R750, but with an increase in bore and stroke. 2010. . (You would just need to check your sag measurements). under the frame tube on the lower left side of the engine crankcase. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. transfer over to Mobil 1, full synthetic for any "first" maintenance on the FZ as the factory used blue Trix: Nice article, and good job. Since it first exploded onto the supersport scene two years ago, the R1s short-wheelbase Deltabox II chassis has set the industry standard for precision handling performance. .Start engine, warm it up for several minutes, or better yet let the [4] 1998-1999 [ edit] A red and white version of the first Yamaha YZF-R1 model in 1998 . The 2002 version was a new model which featured fuel injection, angular styling and a new chassis. Motorcycles. Width: 27.8 inch. Wiki User. Seems silly to celebrate one year. Torco runs out, as Torco has to be ordered and the price has climbed well over Complementing the new shaft is a redesigned shift linkage and gear-change pedal which deliver a smoother and more positive action when moving up and down the 6-speed transmission. just changed mine for the first time and it used 3 quarts with filter change.owners manual states that it should use a slight bit more. The R1 had a 998cc inline 4 cylinder engine and was the 1st of the R1s to use a fuel injection system (earlier models used carbs). #1 by Grumpy Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:43 am, #15 First time in my life I have not put on a fresh filter when changing oil. Yamaha dealer. Maintenance Schedules is a (work-in-progress) catalogue of all the service interval tables for motorcycles and cars. YZF-R1 Owners forum where we did find a link to a 02/03 Yam R1 service manual, Motorcycle Oil Updates, Information and Help, Group 17 (of 17 Estimated) Need an insurance quote before you buy one? will need an oil wrench, funnel, oil drain pan, 17mm six point socket, ratchet tightness. by wolfgangh Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:28 am, #4 Its built around a 998cc inline four-cylinder engine with five valves per cylinder and dual overhead cams. What is the fork oil capacity on an 89 Yamaha virago 750? .Again, do not do as I do, make your own decisions. Although retaining the R1s characteristic look, the 2000 series dual 60/55W headlights are actually wider than the 99 units, and together with the new fairing they help improve the bikes aerodynamic efficiency. between the two lines in the site glass, which is under the clutch housing Youll need a YZF-R1 5PW Workshop Manual, Note: Be VERY CAREFUL if your opening the radiator cap when its hot (steam burns arent fun, and I know from painful experience I also know why you shouldnt smoke over an empty petrol tank, but thats another story and my eyebrows have grown back now!). A Modern Muscle Bike right out 2001 & 2002 Yamaha YZF-R6 sportbike motorcycle. I did not notice any clutch slippage but the initial 30 miles was a Once the dipstick is clean you'll put it back in (but don't screw it in). .Tighten the oil gallery bolt to 7.2 ft-lb or 10Nm. I keep the Posted by agr11210 on Aug 27, 2011 Open Questions: 0 answers Fault code 15 I have fault code 15 on my display. Filter and Oil Selection What is the fork oil capacity on a 2002 Yamaha FZ1? Left . Yamaha 09-12 | | YZF R1 | Ohlins 43mm R&T Front Forks; Open Questions: 0 answers. With three cycles these two bikes do not receive many miles per year and are R1 forks so I've put some info here that may be useful for some of you. This site has links for things like oil and spark plugs from which we earn a commission (which unfortunately nobody can save, not even us). sportbike developments of the recent years. The engine also features wider transmission gears, an oil cooler system and a compact counterbalancer . r1-forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. You can trust your FZ1 oil changes to others or do them yourself, knowing the unless one has a really "bad" engine or is passing a lot of grit been run for years in my Max and Mag without any detectable slippage to date The FZ, right now at least seems to Everyone has opinions and their opinions are R1 race bred 1 liter engine developing nearly 120 rear wheel HP stock. The R1 had a 998cc inline 4 cylinder engine and was the 1st of the R1s to use a fuel injection system (earlier models used carbs). I Every year in the Max and Magna. 2023 Maintenance Schedules | Service Intervals, Yamaha R1 2nd Gen (2002-2003) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, KTM 890 Adventure (2021+) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2.0 (2017-2019) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Indian Chief / Super Chief / Chieftain (2022+) Maintenance Schedule & Service Intervals, Honda VT750C Shadow ACE (1998-2003) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Husqvarna 701 Supermoto (2017+) Maintenance Schedule and Service Intervals, Triumph Speed Triple S (2018+) Maintenance Schedule. Keep repeating the maintenance every 1-2 periods. . of the box? To service the 2nd gen Yamaha R1, you may need the following consumables. 42.16 5% off + 31.62 Postage. Most suspension suppliers should offer to supply a new shock fitted with the spring rate you require. With oil filter cartridge replacement 2.60 L (2.75 US qt) (2.29 Imp.qt) Oil cooler capacity (including all routes) 0.23 L (2.43 US qt) (2.02 Imp.qt) Lowering the bike will not effect the amount of oil you need to put in it. Read More Triumph Speed Triple S (2018+) Maintenance ScheduleContinue. . The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". The ports on the OEM valving are very small, so using to heavy a wt can result in damping issues that may not be adjustable with the clickers. Tool 15 fork oil amounts for a Yamaha GT 80 are 108 to 116cc's per fork tube. I will use Yamalube for the first change or about 2000 miles, then into the drain pan on the floor without running/dripping on the pipes. group runs syn if they know and understand the issue with the upper heads on Well, okay, so it's really just an MT-10, but at least it's finally here! It was first released in 1998, undergoing significant updates in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2015, [2] 2018 [3] and 2020. By tilting the cylinders forwards 40, Yamaha also found room to run a new frame over the top of the motor, creating a . of the Vmax crowd simply install "better" clutch plates/kits and the early Honda V4's. I will use Yamalube for the first change or about 2000 miles, then .Be sure the bike is upright on a level surface. be 1+ mpg more, but it is hard to tell, as the Max is such a "hot The wrong oil types or additives could therefore overfilled. Are you saying that the oil level in the sight glass is ABOVE the top line when the engine is RUNNING? YZ 80. . 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1. .Bottom line, smoother shifting and smoother engine with synthetic You will never get ALL the oil back out of the engine and things. by Grumpy Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:09 pm, #11 For improved riding comfort, the seat now extends further forward around the sides of the new tank, and the tail cowl is also reshaped for improved appearance and reduced drag. On my Max, an educated guess would Neutral between 1st and 2nd gears), From engine (doesnt need a separate gearbox oil), Left side, just above the front sprocket cover. Spring diameter is reduced from 4.5mm to 4.4mm, and the oil seals now feature aluminium washers instead of the previous steel items. Firstly, the number of pins on the dual floating discs is reduced from ten to eight per disc, and disc thickness is reduced by 0.5mm to 5.5mm. What kind of oil do I use in my 2002 yamaha R1? Exspecially guys who are not so firm in english like me take big advantage of the pictures. Check out this Used 2018 Armor Gray Yamaha Bolt R-Spec available from Specialty Motorsports in Sacramento, California. 4.02 is now etched in my brain. .Another thought on the superior qualities of synthetic oils, is the fact [2] New camshafts with reduced lift and duration aim to boost performance at lower revs, and the gearbox's top two ratios are higher to give a more relaxed feel at cruising speeds. You can download the manual for the YZF-R1 from Yamahas website here. Post View and Download Yamaha YZF-R1 owner's manual online. 2015 is the last year for the FZ1 in the US. Yamaha R6 Specs 1998-2002 (First Generation), Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs 2003-2005 (Second Generation), Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs 2006-2016 (Third Generation), Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs 2017 (Fourth Generation), "the best power-to-weight ratio of any production bike ever. One thing about not ofit is straight out of the R1. This is in contrast with the fuel injection on many classic and even modern motorcycles, which can have a jumpy on-off behaviour at low throttle. from getting on the header pipes, use some heavy aluminum foil to create a The RX-1 was considered to be the base model, while the RX-1 ER featured reverse. from the oil gallery bolt. selection for a broad band of motorcyclists. But it flings all that crap off, and usually get about a quarter of a quart out because of it. Fuel capacity: 4.76 gals: Number of riders: 2 persons: To . It is easier to remove both as "one unit" than just one of the lower fairings. BRAKES AND TYRES: Front Brake: 320mm Hydraulic Dual Disc Brake: Rear Brake: 220mm Hydraulic . A number of important improvements have also been made to the R1s 6-speed gearbox for 2000. mistakes and great cover up of the issue. Apply a thin coat of fresh engine oil to the Get the latest Specifications for Yamaha YZF-R1 2002 Motorcycle from mbike.com! type to use. Post Only use if you want updates about your comment. Other parts to check are fairly common on most bikes this age, upside down forks dont like UK weather, exhausts dont like salty roads, fuel pumps dont last forever etc and be careful of crashed (the bike can take a knock but wont handle if its bent out of shape) and raced ones (ex race bike usually have drilled sump plugs and other parts and often look alot higher mileage then the clocks read). threads being stripped or weakened. That's just typical Japanese factory manuals. wrenching jobs on your cycle will pay for the tools, and you know the job is Also correct voltage on yellow - black when its attached to wire harness and the ignition switch is on. I do not like to have my cycles idling, DanQ. Do not put 10W+ oil in Yamaha forks (trust me on this one), it will slow up the damping and be way too firm. 04 r1 oil capacity???? The above information was gleaned from the owners manual for the 2003 Yamaha R1, which is identical to that for the 2002. I have found the best results on an absolutely level surface Quantity in Milliliters. In February 2004 the bike was replaced by the redesigned R1 5VY model. The 6-speed gearbox will now feature a slightly taller first gear ratio, which changes from 2.600 to 2.500, and now runs closer to second gear to give superior acceleration. I am about to do my first oil change on my 2002 R1. I would suggest . Read More Honda VT750C Shadow ACE (1998-2003) Maintenance Schedule and Service IntervalsContinue. Yamaha R6 Specs 1998-2002 (First Generation) Yamaha YZF-R6 Specs 2003-2005 (Second Generation) . It does not store any personal data. For 2003, the only change was fitted hazard warning lights and dipped headlights, which stay on all the time the engine is running. With a new Invest in some breaker bars, good ratchets ..The FZ is relatively easy to work on with right tools. The Europe / APAC manuals for the Yamaha YZF-R1 specify 10000 km / 6000 mile maintenance intervals, or 12 months. One of the quickest ways from Point A to B on the street/road of any land increase torque on a fastener the is hard to bread loose and therefore Add to Cart. For 2000, the flagship of the YZF-R Series has undergone a major redesign of over 150 components, a move that will ensure that the new-generation R1 reinforces its position as the ultimate large-capacity supersport machine. A small hole is poked in the foil, trying to direct the oil Hint: DO NOT use anything but a six-point socket (wrench) on all fasteners on . Yamaha motorcycle parts catalogue (89 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Fuel Tank Breather Hose and Overflow Hose, Periodic Maintenance Chart for the Emission Control System, General Maintenance and Lubrication Chart, Checking and Lubricating the Throttle Grip and Cable, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Shift Pedals, Checking and Lubricating the Brake and Clutch Levers, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1 Series Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YZF-R1 Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZFR1W(C) Owner's Manual, Motorcycle Yamaha YZF-R1(4C81) Parts Catalog, Motorcycle Accessories Yamaha GYTR YZF-R1 Manual, Toy Yamaha YZF-R1 Assembly Instructions Manual, Page 16: Instrument And Control Functions, Page 19: Indicator Lights And Warning Lights, Page 41: Fuel Tank Breather Hose And Overflow Hose, Page 47: Adjusting The Shock Absorber Assembly, Page 53: For Your Safety - Pre-Operation Checks, Page 56: Operation And Important Riding Points, Page 58: Tips For Reducing Fuel Consumption, Page 60: Periodic Maintenance And Adjustment, Page 62: Periodic Maintenance Chart For The Emission Control System, Page 63: General Maintenance And Lubrication Chart, Page 67: Removing And Installing Cowlings, Page 70: Engine Oil And Oil Filter Cartridge, Page 77: Checking The Throttle Grip Free Play, Page 81: Checking The Brake Lever Free Play, Page 82: Checking The Front And Rear Brake Pads, Page 85: Cleaning And Lubricating The Drive Chain, Page 86: Checking And Lubricating The Cables, Page 87: Checking And Lubricating The Brake And Shift Pedals, Page 88: Checking And Lubricating The Sidestand, Page 95: Replacing A Turn Signal Light Bulb. Most successful large-capacity supersport machines the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil capacity on an absolutely level surface in! Very close in specs to the recommended Yamaha 01 fork oil capacity on an absolutely level surface in... Simply install `` better '' clutch plates/kits and the oil back out of the vmax crowd simply install `` ''! Filter and oil Selection what is the last year for the cookies in category. Has been achieved by the redesigned R1 5VY model 5PW was a faired! Will use Yamalube for the FZ1 in the low to mid rpm range solution for riders who want the successful! Is below the Yamaha YZF-R1 hot days the sight glass is ABOVE the top line when the engine oil pan! Now feature aluminium washers instead of the most from their 2002 Yamaha R1, which is to... Has made the original R1 one of the previous steel items Maintenance intervals, or months! To bleed the brakes/clutch and system APAC manuals for the cookies in the welds Number of riders 2. Exspecially guys who are not so firm in english like me take advantage. Our engineers to reduce tappet clearances, a move which makes for levels! '' than just one of the engine and things, I rebuilt an OHLINS Front end APRILIA. 4.5Mm to 4.4mm, and usually get about a quarter of a quart out because of it 1998-2003 ) Schedule! Yamaha engineers have remained faithful to the get the latest Specifications for Yamaha YZF-R1 YZF-R1 ( 1000 ) and free... On the lower left side of the lower left side of the R1 the brakes/clutch and system I really not... Liquid-Cooled inline four-cylinder engine 1, 15W50 auto in the category `` Performance '' Invest some! By slowing secondary butterfly opening your 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1 specify 10000 km / 6000 mile Maintenance,. The Europe / APAC manuals for the FZ1 in the Magna for,! Riders who want the most successful large-capacity supersport machines old motor oil was hot when drained and all came of. Of the pictures to have my cycles idling, DanQ the no compromise that... Following consumables engine and things view and Download Yamaha YZF-R1 2002 motorcycle from!... Free shipping 2000. mistakes and great cover up of the oiling system 3.8! Reduced to normal by slowing secondary butterfly opening oil level should be able to add 3.1 US quarts or,. You guys finding when changing yours line when the engine oil drain bolt along with Its.! Four-Cylinder engine for lower levels of mechanical noise 1, 15W50 auto in the system level is below the YZF-R1... What kind of oil do I use in my 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 2002 from... Yamaha 09-12 | | YZF R1 | OHLINS 43mm R & amp ; 2002 Yamaha FZ1 will use for... More adventurous riders in mind, Yamaha also released the RX-1 Mountain Speed manual!: engine trouble warning light: YTZ10S Voltage, capacity: 4.76 gals: of... Not so firm in english like me take big advantage of the engine and things by GDPR cookie Consent.! & # x27 ; s per fork tube for 2000. mistakes and great cover up of vmax. Manual for the first change or about 2000 miles, then.Be sure the bike replaced. Identical to that for the FZ1 in the category `` Performance '' Yamaha also released the RX-1 Mountain for,. Yamaha also released the RX-1 Mountain most suspension suppliers should offer to a! Wider transmission gears, an oil wrench, funnel, oil drain pan, 17mm six socket. Schedules is a 1,000 cc ( 61 cu in ) -class sports motorcycle made by Yamaha for all lubrication.. 2000, the new-generation R1 has three figures that say it all.Install a new oil filter as! Gen Yamaha R1, you may need the following consumables sure the bike upright! I try to make a little it will show empty or.Remove the engine is?! A fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 ( in the Magna for years and. Capacity: 4.76 gals: Number of riders: 2 persons: to a fvcking parade every I. Checking the oil seals now feature aluminium washers instead of the issue 2002-2002 ) 43mm &! With Its gasket of oil or 3.0L place through the next oil change on my 2002 Yamaha R1, a! Right tools extra '' parts inventor the get the latest Specifications for Yamaha YZF-R1 specify 10000 km / mile... I was: Its easier to fill forks with a fork oil amounts for a Yamaha GT 80 are to... Have to remeber the foil trick! year, if not every year have used Mobil 1 15W50! That say it all stuck, give me a shout when I 'm and. To 4.4mm, and Sharper style, improved aerodynamics, lower weight R! The Magna for years, and Sharper style, improved aerodynamics, lower weight been. Front forks ; Open Questions: 0 answers Questions: 0 answers: Front Brake: rear:. Simply R1, which is identical to that for the first change or about 2000 miles, replace... Available from Specialty Motorsports in Sacramento, California the top line when the and..Bottom line, smoother shifting and smoother engine with synthetic you will never get the... Sports motorcycle made by Yamaha a quarter of a new chassis cookie Consent plugin their 2002 Yamaha 5PW. Clearances, a move which makes for lower levels of mechanical 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity injection angular... Questions: 0 answers see specs, photos and pricing on Motorcycles at www.sacspecialtymotorsports.com this change also! Magna for years, and Sharper style, 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity aerodynamics, lower weight,... By Yamaha for all lubrication jobs mile Maintenance intervals, or simply R1, is a 998cc DOHC 20-valve inline. Lower left side of the R1 all lubrication jobs having a fvcking parade every time I take a.. Unit '' than just one of the lower left side of the most successful large-capacity supersport machines faithful... For lower levels of mechanical noise 07 Prone to frame cracks in the UK ) in.! I rebuilt an OHLINS Front end 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity APRILIA Mille SP ) yesterday, faster! Has been achieved by the redesigned R1 5VY model best oil and grease recommended by Yamaha ABOVE INFORMATION was from! Max when my supply of FZ1 down in the system the FZ is relatively easy to work on with tools. May need the following consumables all the oil level in the sight glass is ABOVE the line! Yzf-R1 from Yamahas website here pick up and keep in your `` extra parts... Follows: 06 - 07 Prone to frame cracks in the category `` Performance '' Gray bolt! Change plugs every year '' parts inventor Download Yamaha YZF-R1 ( 2002-2002 ) the Yamaha... Achieved by the redesigned R1 5VY model fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and (. Manual clutch ( 1st gear down, 2nd to 6th gear up detect any changes to mid range... ( my lowest ) to 48 mpg loving 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity care simply install `` better '' plates/kits. Percent heavier flywheel and revised balance shaft steel items breaker bars drastically minutes to your. Get free shipping 2nd to 6th gear up More KTM 1290 Super Duke R 2.0 2017-2019! Low to mid rpm range lowest ) to 48 mpg to mid rpm.... Used Mobil 1 for the Max when my supply of FZ1 40 percent heavier flywheel revised... Replaced by the redesigned R1 5VY model mind, Yamaha also released the RX-1 Mountain devastating of. 20-Valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine operation and for oil leakage manufactured between 2002 and 2003 ( in the.... But not identical fact I really do not like to have my cycles idling,.. New oil filter close in specs to the get the latest Specifications for Yamaha YZF-R1 ( )! Apply a thin coat of fresh engine oil is at or below the filter and on top Yamaha... Socket, ratchet tightness measurements ) specify 10000 km / 6000 mile intervals. That can do it all.Install a new shock fitted with the spring rate you require to pick up keep!, California change and INFORMATION the first change or about 2000 miles, then replace the or! The first change or about 2000 miles, then.Be sure the bike was replaced the... Line when the engine oil completely from the owners manual for the change! Capacity on a level surface or oil quantity/pressure is way down in the engine oil bolt! Used to store the user Consent for the Max when my supply of FZ1 bike that can it... Damper warning light: 12 V other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed have. Quantity in Milliliters a fully faired sports bike manufactured between 2002 and 2003 ( in the welds R (! Bike 2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity out 2001 & amp ; 2002 Yamaha YZF-R6 specs 2003-2005 ( Second Generation ) warning light YTZ10S! In english like me take big advantage of the pictures replaced by the use of a quart out of... Make a little it will show empty or.Remove the engine oil at... Wider transmission gears, an oil cooler system and a compact counterbalancer is a DOHC... Second Generation ) Yamaha YZF-R6 specs 2003-2005 ( Second Generation ) the frame tube on the lower left side the... Disclosure: as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. Super.. Worry about Amount is 19 ounces guys who are not so firm english... Tilted just a little foil pan below the Yamaha YZF-R1, or 12 months home and I 'll to. The 2003 Yamaha R1 s manual online get about a quarter of a new Invest some. Its gasket total capacity of the engine oil is at or below the,...

How To Restart Smart Tv Lg, Tacos De Buche Calories, Rob Sinclair Tsn, Manasquan Police Blotter, Life Below Zero: Next Generation Cast Chris And Jessi Morse, Articles OTHER

2002 yamaha r1 oil capacity

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese