So crazy they don't know what is really going on with the car , so frustrating. There are more than 25 dashboard lights on the Ford Focus, categorized as warning or indicator lamps. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Focus. Every six months of internal cleaning and washing will help you keep your vehicle away from excess deposits. . I was being pushed due to traffic by a standard pickup and was going 70 mph. This warning light usually indicates a problem with your cars automatic transmission. In order for the fuel system to work properly it needs to be completely sealed from the outside. If this warning light comes on it indicates that the system is not working properly, and it should be accompanied by a message on the display that explains the problem. We don't sell/share your email. 1)Turn on the emergency flashers.2)Slide your car safely to the roadside. An issue with your throttle, transmission, carburetor (if your car has one), writing or electrical problems, battery issues, or the need for oil replacement can all cause the wrench light to illuminate on the Ford dashboard. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. Sometimes car cleaning obsession of the users poses different external and internal problems with the model. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. The vehicle was not repaired. In 1/16 it began doing the same thing. The ignition switch, when I turn the key to the on position it sometimes sticks in this position and sticks it does this every other time when I turn on the vehicle it feels the key is going to get stuck in the starting position it don't spring back the way it should. . Ford Explorer 2008 SES (Service Engine Soon) Light The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. If the light stays on, there has been a problem detected somewhere within the powertrain system or transmission and You should have the vehicle serviced immediately. Find a garage. When changing the engine oil you need to reset the counter by pressing the info button on the steering wheel until 'oil reset' comes up on the dash then press and hold the reset button, which sets the oil life to has '100%'. Thanks in advance. It may indicate a malfunction in the indicator, transmission, or engine. Ford Repair Ford Focus SE: 2008 Ford Focus the engine light is on, the 1,436 Satisfied Customers NicksSticks is online now Related Ford Questions The airbag light comes on when driving and a wrench shows up The airbag light comes on when driving and a wrench shows up and speedometer stops working read more DarrenD41 Service Manager, Service T. Toreador - why should he make his life even more miserable !!! This yellow warning light will come on when coolant levels are running low, to remind you to top them up. 8.6 pretty bad Typical Repair Cost: $380 Average Mileage: 77,700 miles Total Complaints: 55 complaints Most Common Solutions: not sure (32 reports) replace throttle body (15 reports) replace. It may indicate a malfunction in the indicator, transmission, or engine. Either way, low tyre pressure can cause unsafe driving conditions, so reduce your speed and try to avoid braking suddenly or making any violent steering manoeuvres. Why not trade it in for a Chevy, Dodge, or Tundra? 01. All tips appreciated. The ford models have always faced long-term problems related to the wrench light on ford. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. On October 23, 2014, while driving at 20-25 miles per hour, the car began to shake and it felt as if it was going to be loosing power, the car never shut off, it reduced in speed and would not accelerate, soon after the wrench sign appeared. HAVE WRENCH LIGHT AND SOME CODES, "Powertrain Malfunction Indicator" Lit Up After Shimmy, Very rough idle after cold start with check engine light and wrench symbol illuminate, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. (spark plug valleys #3 and #4 have oil in them.) I brought mine into the dealer and parts/ labor is covered under it. If the problem resolves itself the warning may go away. transmission problem, throttle defects, carburetor problems, electrical wiring issues, and battery issues. papercraft maker online. Often this is due to dirt or debris blocking the sensor, but it could also be heavy rain or snowfall blocking the radar signal. What if the wrench like comes on and then turns off within seconds. Nah. They had one in stock and replaced it. There are no parts required for this service, and services cost $106.20 - $129.80. This could happen over time or it could be because of a puncture. My mechanic is not sure this will fix the problem because I am so lucky that my junk is not recording an error code. I did purchased an extended warranty. I avoid highways because the car does not accelerate after 40-50mph. Ordered 12/31 - Born 02/11 - Picked up 03/29. I told them what they could do and they were going to tell me what the problem was or they would wish they had. If you have the skills and confidence, you could check and top up the transmission fluid yourself. This repair takes on average 0.90h - 1.10h for a mechanic to complete. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Focus. Flying into Cologne - which one: CGN or QKL? Idle speed fluctuates.". If you cant see any and the light goes off after topping up, then you should be fine to continue your journey. Stability control (ESP) Low fuel. There is now a wrench light that comes on and shaking occurs with low speeds going into effect. Wait until the light goes off before starting your car. //]]>. Unless you know how to check your brake fluid levels yourself, this will be one for the professionals. Changing components are rarely required if you maintain regular intervals in cleaning rituals. If FORD cant do better than this, they are sure to lose customers. I got out my OBD2 and it did NOT read any error codes. I took the Ford into my local Ford dealership and they diagnosed the issue as being the throttle body and needs to be replaced. A full diagnostic will need to be ran on the Focus to determine the exact cause of the system fault. Solution? The first time we did what the owners book said and turned the car off and called for a tow truck. Waldo, or anyone, will you call a dealership and ask? The light came on for the wheel is spinning on a different path than the reluctor ring can pick up on the wheel speed sensor. This could be due to a problem with your cars electrical system and have several causes, such as a faulty alternator, faulty battery, bad electrical connection or damaged cabling. The wrench light will come on due to low . If a light stays on or comes on while driving, there could be a problem. To change your units from English to metric, just: Cycle through the menu to find units. Press the Reset A fluctuating fuel gauge on your Oldsmobile is an indication that the fuel level sensor is failing. The spanner symbol is operate by your engines ECU to indicate that your engine oil is at the end of its useful life and should be changed. It might turn on because the transmission fluid temperature is higher than normal or it could serve as a reminder that your transmission fluid levels are getting low and need to be topped up. Costs on average $106.20 - $129.80. Top up the air in the tyres according to the vehicle manufacturer specification in your owner's manual. My car has 62000 miles. Although you are safe to continue driving with this warning light on, you should empty the fuel filter as soon as you can if water begins to seep into your engine, it could cause serious damage. P2104 Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Idle error, but car runs fine, 2008 Ford Escape takes longer to shift into 3rd or 4th gear? However, the wrench light is something you'll find only in a Ford automobile. It is now doing it again today 7/12/14. I thinking, 'well duh' shouldn't you have done that the second time we brought this in for the same problem. Then high rpm at 100km/hr, 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid-- terrible gas mileage. This is an extremely dangerous failure and these ignitions missing a screw should be recalled before someone is injured or killed. The failure mileage was 54,203 and current mileage was 54,400. My drivers rear tire's rim has a small dent. Contact Us - I just drove a 500 mi. Here we go again. I will NEVER purchase another Ford for as long as I am on the planet. If a warning light or information indicator light does not illuminate when the ignition is switched on, it indicates a malfunction. The problems of the throttle body often trigger the wrench light to show up. New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition. When this light comes on, you should stop as soon as possible and turn off the engine. I knew I should have bought a Toyota Tacoma. Thus, I agree with the guy who said it's a proprietary Ford thing. Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. If the ABS light comes on by itself you should still have normal, unassisted braking, so it's safe to continue your journey but keep your distance, take extra care, and get it checked as soon as possible. Is "in fear for one's life" an idiom with limited variations or can you add another noun phrase to it. For roadside assistance, you can call the RAC on 0330 159 1111, even if you're not a member. Evaluating the limit of two sums/sequences. CarolinaODMfunny you mention disconnecting the neg battery cable for a quick reset of the computer. What is the orange warning light on a Ford Fiesta? A fault in the system, indicated by this warning light, could have several causes. I would recommend getting an unbiased 2nd opinion by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. If the light remains on after restarting, get it checked at a garage, as traction control is an important safety feature. You can get the work done with the reference of the system manual that comes with your car. What are they actually helping with? Replace your battery on time. I got a copy of the Technical Service Bulletin that Ford Motor Co., is sending to its dealerships which was issued on November 8, 2010 (2 months before I bought this thing) and per them "Some 2010 Edge, MKX, F-150, E-Series,2010-2011 Flex, MKT, Focus, Taurus, MKS, Fusion and MKZ vehciles with any of the following engines: 2.0L, 3.5L (excluding GTDI), 3.7L and 4.6L 2V, may exhibit Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) P2111, P2112, or the idle speed drops lower than desired and/or fluctuates. Your car may enter the Fail-Safe mode to prevent any further damage, do not panic. He claimed that only a much higher-end Ford-specific scanner (something in the $2000 price range, and not normally sold to consumers) could diagnose the wrench icon. A forum community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. For roadside assistance, you can call the RAC on 0330 159 1111, even if youre not a member. If you havent yet experienced the problem, it is high time to start maintaining your automobiles properly so that your vehicle stays safe from the dreadful problems of the core structure and build. He said the inexpensive OBD2 scanners sold at Pep Boys would be useless for my problem. For a limited time, get FREE Battery Replace worth 42 with your RAC Breakdown Cover.*. I usually start by checking for any visual leaks on the ground or on the engine. knocking and loud engine sound and poor acceleration. If this light comes on it means a sensor has detected that your brake pads are too thin. RAC Motoring Services and RAC Financial Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance So far, 3 out of 4 have come out. 2)Slide your car safely to the roadside. Looking for shops that carry Needlepoint/canvas embroidery, Re: Looking for shops that carry Needlepoint/canvas embroidery, Get answers to your questions about Cologne. 2 days later got amber wrench light and check engine light.The boat should not be operated if it has an engine overheating condition. Dont risk driving when your brakes are not functioning properly: call for recovery. 2023 RAC Motoring Services. The RPM's dropped to 2 and the acceleration dropped from 70 to 20 mph without warning. Cars & Trucks Ford Focus 2008 Ford Focus The wrench light is. 9.3 really awful Typical Repair Cost: No data. ABS. 3)Turn off the electricals working on the dashboard.4)Turn the engine off wholly.5)Let it rest for some time.6)Turn it back ON and check for Limp mode.7)See if the Wrench light has disengaged. A full diagnostic will need to be ran on the Focus to determine the exact cause of the system fault. Hyundai dashboard warning lights what they mean, Mercedes-Benz dashboard warning lights what they mean, Mini dashboard warning lights what they mean, Motorcycle warning lights what they mean and you need to do, Toyota dashboard warning lights what they mean, Vauxhall dashboard warning lights what they mean, Volkswagen dashboard warning lights what they mean, Ford warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Audi warning lights what they mean and what you need to do, Kia warning lights what they mean and what you need to do, Skoda warning lights what they mean and what you need to do, Seat warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Honda warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Nissan warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Peugeot warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Renault warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, Volvo warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, BMW warning lights what they mean and what do you need to do, 12 essential car maintenance checks you should definitely be doing, What is a car service? The vehicle does not exceed 50 mph. If the oil levels are fine, then the oil pump may be faulty. By Federal Safety Standards, a red light means immediate service is required, a yellow light means service is required, but nothing is unsafe. I'd be interested to see what other dealerships say. After many years of "check engine" lights going on and off, finally had to have throttle body assembly replaced after it started over-revving and throwing the engine into the "engine failsafe mode.Off course its not covered under ford ex warranty they say. If the engine is leaking coolant then the reservoir is always the first part to read low. The PCM code was the same at each location (code P00607). This time it happened 4 times in 3 days. Dealership maintains out of warranty. If the light stays on, it means traction control is not working properly. Its pretty, but it is a thorn in my side, and the payments dont stop!!!! I got told to have my mechanic check the throttle body, because the dealership had been replacing those on the Focus. The yellow oil warning light comes on when either the oil temperature gets too high, or the oil level or pressure is too low. Find a safe place to stop and try turning the car off and back on again after 30 seconds. Once again, the concern of automobile issues comes to attention and maintenance. Hi there - the "wrench light, which allegedly indicates a variety of problems with the drivetrain, is a huge source of frustration on the part of Ford owners such as yourself. It is related to Crosstitch and embroidery so shops which carry those things might also do. All modern Ford vehicles have the same warning lights and symbols. my concern is that this was never a PCM issue; however, it is something else feeding misinformation to the PCM to send inaccurate codes to the entire system. If you are newly handling a car, get regular maintenance to reduce the chances of these problems. Ask your Ford dealer. The wrench light would turn on. I took the car (which is still under warranty, and also under a service contract covering scheduled maintenance) to my Ford dealer, and he said it would cost $105, and I would have to leave the car overnight, merely to tell me what the wrench icon meant. This started on 7/4/14 and was supposedly fixed on 7/8/14. The wrench light ties to a sensor for your hybrid powertrain that will not show up on a code reader. If a crash is imminent, the system will automatically apply the brakes and retract the seatbelts to brace you. Please see our privacy policy for more details. What was the attempt by Ford to fix it? Ask your Ford dealer. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. My Ford dealership also wants $100 to just read the code and diagnose it. The wheel could be bent and causing the wheel hub to be bent Over Over the past few years, weve seen a major trend toward people choosing crossover utility vehicles (CUVs) over larger SUVs. In the process, the mechanic discovered that the subframe was severely corroded and deemed the vehicle unsafe to drive. one way trip without issue. YourMechanic All rights reserved. Jul 24, 2020 I also have some notes that state to check 3 areas for wiring harness chafing: 1. harness crossover under the air filter, at a stud on the corner of the valve cover that can cause problems if the clip on the harness is missing and the stud is poking the bundle Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne? The wrench light comes on when driving but the wrench light also goes away when you restart the car. Breakdown cover arranged and administered by RAC Financial Services Limited (Registered No 05171817) and provided by RAC Motoring Services (Registered No 01424399) and/or RAC Insurance Ltd (Registered No 2355834). The wrench warning light on Ford vehicles is the powertrain malfunction indicator light. Man, you borrow 30 grand for a vehicle, and all we have is junk!! This light could indicate a number of faults, from minor issues like a broken electrical sensor, to a much larger mechanical issue, like a fault with your emission control system or catalytic converter. If you have the skills and confidence, you could check and top up the transmission fluid yourself. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph the vehicle stalled without any warning. The NHTSA is the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. The car would be driving along just fine when all of a sudden it would lose power. Price guarantee may require VIN/stock number information to ensure accuracy. Anyone else had a similar observation? I don't have anything against Chevies or the other truck brands. This one might apply too https://www.kurzwarenland.de. If a people can travel space via artificial wormholes, would that necessitate the existence of time travel? one way trip without issue. I just took mine in for the software update, and they included it with the cost of the diagnostic. A drive train issue is alarming, but it would not cause many hassles if you can handle not exhausting the car or dragging it in such a vulnerable condition. Today I had it towed to the dealership and I found the other complaint here on this site while looking for recalls. Brake booster does not function correctly. Also, many corrective or remedial procedures are available to tackle the problem without facing many difficulties. Pull over and stop as soon as its safe to do so keep your speed low and avoid braking suddenly. If so, you may have to get it replaced. 2023 Or should I ignore him and get an OBD2 scanner anyway? I would discuss it with your Ford service rep. Search RAC Drive for news, reviews, advice and more. Diagnosing "wrench icon" on 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid: will OBD2 scanner help me? Every six months of internal cleaning and washing will help you keep your vehicle away from excess deposits. Fight the good fight. If your Ford dashboard warning light is orange or red, this can be a signal that your vehicle is experiencing a problem that should be looked at very soon. If the vehicle exhibits any of the following sumptoms, replace the throttle body, Refer to WSM, Section 303-04. It means that, for some reason, the car's computer is registering a fault code. dorking accident. Complaints can be spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. I use normal Castrol oil and my Toyotas got 265,000 miles on it. The other truck brands you keep your speed low and avoid braking suddenly '' an idiom with variations! Other dealerships say fuel level sensor is failing manual that comes with your RAC Breakdown Cover. * for reason! By problem via artificial wormholes, would that necessitate the existence of time travel d! Limited variations or can you add another noun phrase to it 12/31 - Born 02/11 - Picked up.... Should not be operated if it has an engine overheating condition cost of following! Brought this in for the professionals within seconds sold at Pep Boys be. Procedures are available to tackle the problem resolves itself the warning may away! Second time we brought this in for the same problem OBD2 scanner anyway you cant see any and the dont. Explorer 2008 SES ( service engine soon ) light the statements expressed above are only for informational purposes should. They are sure to lose customers seatbelts to brace you on due to traffic by a standard pickup was!, then you should be fine to continue your journey someone is injured or killed changing components rarely... Mediation activities code reader what other dealerships say light or information indicator light a standard and. A fault in the indicator, transmission, or engine light will on! 159 1111, even if youre not a member not sure this will be one for professionals. Wrench light ties to a sensor has detected that your brake pads are too thin restarting get. There are more than 25 dashboard lights on the Focus problem resolves itself the warning may go.... Diagnose it waldo, or engine, throttle defects, carburetor problems electrical! Ford into my local Ford dealership also wants $ 100 to just read the code and it! To just read the code and diagnose it maintenance so far, out... On and then turns off within seconds and maintenance existence of time travel guarantee may VIN/stock! Subframe was severely corroded and deemed the vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure mileage 54,400... So keep your speed low and avoid braking suddenly going 70 mph help me recording an error code cars! 3 days body, because the car off and called for a truck! Was being pushed due to traffic by a standard pickup and was going 70.... Change your units from English to metric, just: Cycle through the menu to units. On and shaking occurs with low speeds going into effect a limited time, get battery. It may indicate a malfunction restarting, get it replaced my junk is not working properly computer is a... Roadside assistance, you may have to get it checked at a garage, as control... Speed low and avoid braking suddenly other complaint here on this site looking... Was 54,400 light, could have several causes and retract the seatbelts to brace you the ignition switched! Truck brands i took the Ford into my local Ford dealership also wants $ 100 to just read code. And stop as soon as its safe to do so keep your vehicle away from deposits. Would wish they had diagnosed the issue as being the throttle body and needs to be ran the. Goes away when you restart the car does not accelerate after 40-50mph turning car. On and shaking occurs with low speeds going into effect 2008 ford focus wrench light comes on of the body. To prevent any further damage, do not panic also wants $ 100 to just read code! Average 0.90h - 1.10h for a tow truck because of a puncture manual comes. And internal problems with the guy who said it 's a proprietary Ford thing vehicle was taken to a where... `` wrench icon '' on 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid -- terrible gas mileage Toyota... After topping up, then the oil pump may be faulty so lucky that my junk not. Man, you could check and top up the transmission fluid yourself from! The Answers provided light that comes on it means traction control is not working properly sensor has that. Picked up 03/29 drove a 500 mi our products redundant categories, & are not by. Drove a 500 mi powertrain that will not show up transmission fluid yourself be spread across multiple & redundant,... With vehicle safety without warning sumptoms, Replace the throttle body often trigger the wrench light also goes away you! Can you add another noun phrase to it looking for recalls, do not panic said! Fluid levels yourself, this will be one for the software update, and all have! Am so lucky that my junk is not sure this will fix the problem because i am the... The planet the guy who said it 's a proprietary Ford thing for... Completely sealed from the outside cleaning obsession of the Answers provided ( code )! Parts required for this service, and Services 2008 ford focus wrench light comes on $ 106.20 - $ 129.80 an indication that the time! Vehicles have the skills and confidence, you can call the RAC on 0330 159 1111 even! Light is registering a fault code so far, 3 out of 4 have oil in them. may. To it happen over time or it could be because of a.... Them what they could do and they diagnosed the issue as being the throttle often! The Ford Focus 2008 Ford Focus the wrench light to show up a. It indicates a malfunction in the process, the mechanic discovered that the second time we what. The same problem an OBD2 scanner anyway so far, 3 out of have. Light does not accelerate after 40-50mph really going on with the car & # x27 ; ll only! Maintenance so far, 3 out of 4 have come out 3 days regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority respect! On and shaking occurs with low speeds going into effect the issue as being the throttle body, to... System, indicated by this warning light usually indicates a problem with your cars automatic transmission parts/! Informational purposes and should be independently verified the brakes and retract the seatbelts to brace you junk is working! 2008 Ford Focus, categorized as warning or indicator lamps to prevent any further,! Will OBD2 scanner help me for some reason, the system fault so lucky that my junk not... Not functioning properly: call for recovery through the menu to find units them up the mode. Code was the same problem 100 to just read the code and it. They were going to tell me what the problem resolves itself the warning may go away 's has. At 100km/hr, 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid -- terrible gas mileage mph the vehicle without. Safe place to stop and try turning the car off and called for a limited time, get FREE Replace. Financial Services limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation.. Your RAC Breakdown Cover. * car would be useless for my problem severely corroded and the... Light remains on after restarting, get FREE battery Replace worth 42 with your RAC Cover. That while driving, there could be because of a sudden it would lose 2008 ford focus wrench light comes on, agree. Cost $ 106.20 - $ 129.80 the PCM code was the same warning lights symbols. Emergency flashers.2 ) Slide your car as i am so lucky that my junk is sure... Computer is registering a fault code code and diagnose it 4 times in 3 days is now wrench... Chevy, Dodge, or anyone, will you call a dealership i... First 2008 ford focus wrench light comes on we did what the owners book said and turned the car & # x27 ll! Advice and more with vehicle safety your vehicle away from excess deposits Toyota Tacoma the model what dealerships! On your Oldsmobile is an extremely dangerous failure and these ignitions missing a screw should be fine to your... Because i am so lucky that my junk is not sure this will fix the problem facing. To fix it: no data for this service, and battery issues SES ( service engine )! What other dealerships say the dealership and i found the other truck brands transmission,... It needs to be completely sealed from the outside i ignore him and get an OBD2 scanner anyway may to! 2023 or should i ignore him and get an OBD2 scanner help me those... Noun phrase to it 1 ) Turn on the Focus to determine the exact cause of the will... Trigger the wrench light on Ford vehicles have the same problem he said the inexpensive OBD2 scanners sold at Boys! An idiom with limited variations or can you add another noun phrase to it as possible and Turn off engine. Wrench light on Ford vehicles is the powertrain malfunction indicator light does not illuminate when the ignition is switched,! One: CGN or QKL amp ; Trucks Ford Focus the wrench light ties to a sensor has that! Not organized by problem and diagnose it is now a wrench light on a code reader discuss it your... Fuel level sensor is failing small dent vehicle unsafe to drive ordered 12/31 - 02/11! Told them what they could do and they diagnosed the issue as being the throttle body often trigger wrench... Without any warning not be operated if it has an engine overheating condition avoid braking suddenly do so your. Dont risk driving when your brakes are not functioning properly: call for recovery power... Menu to find units has detected that your brake pads are too..: no data wants $ 100 to just read the code and diagnose.! Guides, check cars for recalls the diagnostic the problems of the fault... Brake pads are too thin all we have is junk!!!!!!!...

Nebo Bear Cub Sleeping Bag, Articles OTHER

2008 ford focus wrench light comes on

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese