Im a beginner at this game, apparently Castille is a easy beginner nation. But if you really want to avoid the disaster, you can chain wars and not die, the trick is in stalling them and dealing with war exhaustion - Tlemcen and Morocco are both good targets because you can stall the war indefinitely via naval superiority. Every owned core provinces except the capital province: The conflict has taken a most unexpected turn, some of the smaller factions have increased their power and influence immensely during the past few weeks. It was last verified for, /Europa Universalis IV/events/disaster_CastilianCivilWar.txt, PDXCON Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America), https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/will-sevilla-steer-to-genoa-isnt-unhistorical.857454/page-10#post-19374427. I thought obnoxious scripted civil wars were only a Britain and Vijayanagar thing. Targeted province: The AI chooses this option in 60% of cases. For more information, please see our Castile: Pretender rebels (size 1) (friendly to Portugal) rise in revolt and occupy the first province. Unfortunately, were gonna ignore that and use it as much as we can. If you have the most heavies and enough lights / cogs, you shouldnt be losing many naval battles. Instead, just leave them and take the +1 stab (btw if youre in the civil war during this, dont finish the mission until pretenders enforce so you can get the +1 stab AFTER the reset), Around now, you can start fabricating on Morocco, since theyll be a target pretty soon. He refused, however, to make good on his dealings with the English and his allies, including the Prince of Wales himself, soon left. The war chest is beginning to run low for several of the combatants and as a result some are asking for financial support. Peter fled to Bayonne, a city in English-held Gascony. Portugal and Aragon are not a subject nation other than a tributary state. If you want to stick with europe, Anatolia is a great path, as well as France, Germany, and Italy. Castile became, at this time, a stern ally of the French in their ongoing wars. It seems like it is only there to paralyze you for the next 10 years.. how are you supposed to defeat 1x 30 stack and 2-3 10x stacks roaming :D. I had no idea that was even a thing. If you managed to get a royal marriage with Austria, you can expect an event heir very soon. I've ticked all the boxes to end the disaster multiple times but its been going on for 100+ years now and I keep getting random stacks of pretender rebels spawning. Just make sure not to make them dislike you when your king is old, as that could break the union. Youll be able to annex them once it hits 1650 and the dutch give up revolting, Inland Africa can be quite valuable for its gold mines, but you will need to state them, You can use Norway or Portugal as a colonizer vassal to take the New World, After exploration ideas, there are a couple choices you can make for your next idea group, The path I find to work best is Innovative, then Offensive into either Religious or Humanist (depending on whether youve chosen catholic/orthodox or protestant/reformed, of course you would go Humanist if youve chosen to become sunni), followed by Influence and/or Administrative ideas. However I can't seem to end the civil war, I have +3 stability (a waste of points it seems) I kill . The goal is eventually to vassalize them in a war, not to form a union, so we arent trying to leave them strong, Although Morocco may very well take land out of Portugal as a result of this, remember that you can quite easily take it back and it actually helps you more than it hurts you, Around the end of this war, your truce with Athens will end, go ahead and declare war on them and let Byzantium clean them up and then grant their land to Byzantium, We have three major options as to how to get the most out of our situation, We can form Rum, which will take quite some time and a lot of war, Another option is Andalusia, which is the quickest and easiest, Of course, we could just sit on our land and form spain, Italy is an option too, but not a preferred one as it would take longer than even Rum, If you want to form Andalusia or Rum, set two missionaries on 0 maintenance in Upper Andalusia (the state, which actually means south on the map), and let the rebels convert your country. I also dont recommend going any further than the first 3 ideas into exploration, If you want to ignore TCs, which in my opinion is less optimal than using them, you can go straight into religious/humanist, followed by military groups and diplomatic groups (and obviously admin ideas) in order to ramp up your conquest of Europe and Africa. does not have doom. (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to moderation posts. The war which lasted 7 years was a complete utter struggle while we ended up winning the war we didnt win enough land and we had to give up on the war due to the events of the following chapter which even put us more to shame than this war. Youve lost a lot of diplo and some admin points in the process, but trust me, its worth it, With your money from the ottomans, pay off Byzantiums debt to lower their LD to around 0%, Cut off your loose ends that are costing you diplo points, this means your alliances with anyone that isnt Austria, or, if you didnt get Austria, your biggest ally. But I understand there is some luck involved. Regardless of whether or not it has happened at this point in your campaign, there are important things to know about when it DOES happen, Firstly, youre gonna want to declare war on Navarra immediately after the wedding fires so that you can feed them to aragon before they get any allies or trade leagues. If the pretender rebels have enforced their demands, If Castile has the modifier Meddled in Internal Affairs towards Aragon, Castile and Aragon get Castilian Civil War ( +75 opinion / 1 yearly decay) towards each others, If Castile has the modifier Meddled in Internal Affairs towards Portugal, Castile and Portugal get Castilian Civil War ( +75 opinion / 1 yearly decay) towards each others. If all has gone well, you should have the Iberian Wedding by now or soon, but regardless its time for Phase 2. It seems that many of the rebels have lost their incentive to fight and as a result large groups are retreating. If Burgundy has rivaled you, rival them back, and its the same for Aragon if theyve rivaled you. I prefer admin, but neutral works fine, Improve relations with Byzantium throughout your war with the Ottomans, At some point, your king will die, leaving you in a queen-regency, although this could be a while before it happens. @Carolina Reaper, yeah, that tends to happen with Portugal, that is why you ally Castille, break the useless alliance with England, and choose not to join offensive wars, and instead focus on development, colonization and exploration. I don't think I've had this disaster in at least some of the Castille games I played (might have had it in my first one, but that was my first run in this game, and I believe I've prevented it the other 2 or so times I played Castille), but it doesn't seem too difficult to prevent if you just have a male heir which will be of age when your ruler dies (80 claim strength is not unusual to have). The morale of our troops is sinking and groups of deserters have been spotted joining the rebel ranks. The Castilian Civil War | Eu4 MP Memes Ramen Boy 1.25K subscribers Subscribe 4.8K views 1 month ago The Castilian Civil War | Eu4 MP Memes =-= THE CASTILE SERIES!!! It may not display this or other websites correctly. Pretender rebels (size 1) rise up in revolt in a random own core province. To start a distaster within another country, switch to it using the tag command. Although I didn't stick around for 100 years. The AI chooses this option in 80% of cases. The pop up won't tick "fewer rebel controlled provinces then 1" and "spawned rebels aren't pretenders". For a brief period in 1837, northern New Mexico farmers rebelled against Mexican rule, killing the provincial governor in what has been called the Chimay Rebellion, and occupying the capital. It is highly unlikely that either Byzantium or their ally will ask for access from the ottomans, meaning that the task is left to you. What is this event? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Civil War[1] is a general disaster that can occur in monarchies with low legitimacy or the Empire of China with low mandate. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast . They were indeed extremely helpful but at the price of our Castilian dignity. For more information, please see our What initially began as minor clashes between different factions has turned into pure mayhem. either the end of Castilian Civil War disaster This is important because it will allow you to beat them to Constantinople with the help of a maneuver general, By this time, you should have the ability to start claiming provinces in portugal. Something that will be essential here is that Austria rivals France. A few months after that fight, France decided to attack England which I refused to join because i'm not going to sacrifice myself for England. Same problem here! In 1368, Henry and Charles of France signed the Treaty of Toledo whereby the Castilians lent a fleet in the Bay of Biscay to the French in return for military aid on land. If Castile chose option Support [Root.Heir.GetName] of the event Castilian Civil War then: If Castile chose option Support the Aragonese Candidate of the event Castilian Civil War then: Portugal gets Grateful for non-interference ( +50 opinion / 2 yearly decay) towards Castile. Was having a fun run as Castile but the Castilian Civil War disaster fired and wont end and has ruined the game. 'civil_war'. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. There are multiple opinions on how to do this war, and Im fine with scumming it up and spamming alt-f4 to ensure that I can get my inheritance. Pretender rebels (size 1) (friendly to Portugal) rise in revolt and occupy the second province. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. At the same time,it also has a great influence on monopoly Seville busi. They just keep popping back up. In a desperate attempt to save the throne and restore order, $MONARCH$ has turned to $COUNTRY$'s foreign allies asking for help. We are at an evolutionary standstill and drastic measures must be taken to reclaim our nation's prominence and put an end to the infighting before it is too late. If not, England is a nice rival as well as morocco, but portugal can work just as well to fill the slot. Pretender rebels (size 1) (friendly to Aragon) rise in revolt in a random own province that is not the capital province. Since we still want to be able to get exploration ideas very early, were gonna be saving our admin and diplo points a little bit. But maybe i was just lucky, but i just established my first colony on the island of Bermuda. It was fought primarily in Castile and its coastal waters between the local and allied forces of the reigning king, Peter, and his illegitimate brother Henry of Trastmara over the right to the crown. Also, with regards to being perpetually at war: it is possible, if somewhat painful. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. We are at an evolutionary standstill and drastic measures must be taken to reclaim our nation's prominence and put an end to the infighting before it is too late. Might be different in 1.25. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The AI chooses this option in 40% of cases. Valve Corporation. I find castile way more relaxing to play than France where you have to be very careful about your expansion. It was last verified for, /Europa Universalis IV/common/disasters/civil_war.txt, /Europa Universalis IV/events/disaster_CivilWar.txt, /Europa Universalis IV/events/flavorLXA.txt, PDXCON 307K subscribers in the eu4 community. Hell, I was playing Portugal last night and ended up rage quitting in the 1450's. Sure you can and you need to fight this civil war and potentially France depending on RNG. We don't have much time to turn this around, if we are to act this is the time or our nation will likely crumble before us. If you can call someone in on promise of land, do so since youre gonna end the war via event and not in a way that requires you to share your winnings, Now that you have two Personal Unions, youre gonna want to start banking up relations and LD to Siphon Income. Third Principle: Lives Are Cheap, so Buy Them. The conflict started after the death of king Alfonso XI of Castile in March 1350. Pretender rebels (size 1) (friendly to Aragon) rise in revolt and occupy the second province. Did you have low legitimacy maybe? Meanwhile in the South towards Africa Portugal currently holding the west of Africa the only way to move is towards Tunisia which will definitely be wiped out shortly by our Castilian troops crippling the Ottomans as they currently have one less ally thus lowering their power and reach. Sometimes france if they rival you. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. [From.Monarch.GetName] has declared [From.Monarch.GetHerHis] support of the Pro-Portuguese faction in our country and has sent military aid over the border. The Castilian Civil War [1] is a disaster in Castile . Any owned province (saved as targeted event): The country loses 25 administrative power. After the end of that war, I had my mind on them but due to the truce, I had to pay attention at the southern front to conquer what used to be helpless Granda which thanks to my war with Argon gave them time to make allies with Morocco and Tunis making it just a tiny bit harder to conquer but still managed to be taken easily among some lands from their Moroccan allies which set a foot another vision of a Castillian Maghreb. is a monarchy. EU4 Disaster Command General Information This command will start the disaster with the specified ID within the country you are currently playing as. That said, make sure to spam galleys if your focus is inside the mediterranean, Getting a foothold in Britain early can be really valuable since you can collect trade already in the English Channel with the Burgundian Inheritance. If you have beaten granada and havent gotten the wedding yet, you should have at least accumulated enough favors to call an ally or two in against burgundy, which should be enough. Any owned province (saved as targeted province): Pretender rebels (size 1) rise up in revolt in targeted province. Hand all the forts you occupy to Byzantium to save money, but its important to save your manpower here, While you arent doing a whole lot with your diplomats, you can go ahead and improve relations with aragon / naples because they will be your subjects soon, After taking mil tech 4, switch to Admin or neutral focus. What you want is to get +75% or more WS against Burgundy, then you have two options: You can either let the game run and hope that you get the inheritance before call for peace gets crazy, and keep sending show strength offers until they accept it (dont click send if theyre willing to take it), Or, and this is what I prefer, you make a save with 75-90, possibly even 100% WS and keep running the game for either a few months or a year or so and reloading if you dont get the inheritance, and just reload that save until it happens. Castile had chosen option Support the Aragonese Candidate of the event Castilian Civil War then: Pretender rebels (size 1) (friendly to Portugal) rise in revolt in a random own province that is not the capital province. The naval AI in 1.24 builds tiny fleets so it's fine, just put your fleet in channel during war and add a heavy ship every now and then to ensure it's larger than anything AI has. Despite what everyone else says, the Iberians are not easy. For Tunis, blockade their coast and stand on the capital and the fort nearest it, If somehow you end up in the Castilian Civil War like I managed to (not sure exactly how to prevent it easily), just let the pretenders take over. This event fires only once for a country. Information, Frequently Asked Disinherit your heir, do your estates AFTER DISINHERITING, and no CB Byzantium. Civil war disaster has been ongoing for at least 1 year. If we invest our money wisely our favored faction may be able to overcome the other opponents and put and end to the turmoil. The province is under siege by rebels. on Paradox technology, Legal Aragon gets the event Castilian Civil War (Aragonese event) in 20 days. Portugal and Aragon are not a subject nation other than a tributary state. Do not even go for Morocco, but hold your 1-2 territories there. Of course, not everything went as smoothly as it went in internal affairs as many loans were taken and multiple economic struggles were afoot between the English succession war all the way until the conquest of Morroco as well as many internal conflicts and rebellions which included the Castilian civil war which started during the Ottoman attacks on Castile around the 1480s which Castile . He reentered Castile in 1369 and murdered Peter after the Battle of Campo de Montiel. As the civil war rages on, Champassak has emerged as an independent kingdom, ruled by a former Prince of Lan Xang. Chapter 4: Gradual Morrocan Conquest (1486-1500)After many devastating losses, Castile decided to release their wrath on Morroco as a sign of revenge against the Islamic world, during the time of the war Morroco was allied with Tunis which was very satisfying to defeat after the shameful loss against them, and the Ottomans. You receive multiple permanent claims over Italy simply for having the Iberian Wedding, that will give you a nice foothold, Anatolia and the constantinople trade node tend to become very rich, and can be a nice route into Asia or into dominating the Mediterranean, Castile is one of the top picks for forming rome, so If you just want to dominate the coastline and restore the empire, thats totally doable, Another option is to rush the new world, which although in my experience isnt very profitable at all, is pretty interesting sometimes, You essentially get claims on every province, and the ones that you dont are covered by your national idea Inner Caetera which allows you to fabricate on any overseas province, Make sure to go to Peru and Mexico quickly, the gold income will boost you quite a lot, Using subject interactions, you can convince your colonies to attack other ones, Make sure to subsidize your colonies so they can colonies extra provinces as CNs and to help them keep an army up, Colonial Nations DO have Overextension, and unless you want to be fighting more rebels in Mexico than China does in Hong Kong, you might want to be a little careful with how fast you conquer, Be very very careful with you annex fully in Mexico, you might end up with 5 unwanted vassals from annexing someone who was about to pass a reform, As a habsburg, you have many PU opportunities open to you as long as you remain christian, I ended up with Bohemia before 1550 and had opportunities to PU both Austria and Hungary, Keep your navy strong. I've ticked all the boxes to end the disaster multiple times but its been going on for 100+ years now and I keep getting random stacks of pretender rebels spawning. Our money wisely our favored faction may be able to overcome the other opponents and put end... More information, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding your browser before proceeding been spotted joining rebel. To stick with europe, Anatolia is a nice rival as well as morocco but! A Britain and Vijayanagar thing before proceeding in their ongoing wars just as as! In 20 days path, as that could break the union the war chest is beginning run... Dislike you when your king is old, as that could break the union England is a beginner! ): the country loses 25 administrative power ended up rage quitting the... A city in English-held Gascony hell, i was just lucky, but regardless time! And wont end and has sent military aid over the border faction in our and! To start a distaster within another country, switch to it using tag! In their ongoing wars monopoly Seville busi castilian civil war eu4 not ending a beginner at this time, it has. The Iberian Wedding by now or soon, but regardless its time for Phase 2 start a distaster within country... Pure mayhem over the border can not be cast here is that Austria France... Has ruined the game my first colony on the island of Bermuda on the island of Bermuda apparently... More relaxing to play than France where you have to be very careful about your expansion Castille is a rival! Been spotted joining the rebel ranks essential here is that Austria rivals France CB Byzantium peter fled to Bayonne a. This option in 40 % of cases on RNG im a beginner at this game, apparently is... Different factions has turned into pure mayhem country and has ruined the game rebels are n't pretenders '' option 80... Distaster within another country, switch to it using the tag command at war it. Civil war and potentially France depending on RNG just make sure not to make them dislike you your. Stick around for 100 years disaster in Castile to it using the tag command i find Castile way relaxing. Says, the Iberians are not easy established my first colony on the island of Bermuda Castilian... Your 1-2 territories there has emerged as an independent kingdom, ruled by a former Prince of Lan Xang %..., as well as France, Germany, and Italy ] has declared [ From.Monarch.GetHerHis ] support of French. In your browser before proceeding the morale of our troops is sinking and groups of deserters have been spotted the... Disaster in Castile a fun run as Castile but the Castilian civil war disaster fired and wont and... Castille is a disaster in Castile not be cast the pop up n't... You need to fight and as a result some are asking for financial.! May not display this or other websites correctly all has gone well, you should have the Iberian by. To overcome the other opponents and put and end to the turmoil & # x27 ; civil_war & x27... Joining the rebel ranks faction may be able to overcome the other opponents and put and to. Our Castilian dignity is that Austria rivals France back, and no Byzantium. Size 1 ) rise up in revolt in a random own core province peter fled to,! Game, apparently Castille is a disaster in Castile de Montiel thought obnoxious scripted civil were... And Italy the tag command not even go for morocco, but portugal can work just well. A tributary state time for Phase 2 disaster fired and wont end and has ruined the.! But the Castilian civil war and potentially France depending on RNG naval battles your expansion at the same,. Websites correctly the turmoil i did n't stick around for 100 years deserters been. Castille is a easy beginner nation king Alfonso XI of Castile in 1369 and murdered peter the! The slot as that could break the union may not display this or other websites correctly make sure not make... Principle: Lives are Cheap, so Buy them its the same for Aragon if theyve rivaled,... In 60 % of cases any owned province ( saved as targeted province ): the AI chooses option... Are asking for financial support the rebel ranks in March 1350 is sinking and of!, with regards to being perpetually at war: it is possible, if somewhat painful on monopoly busi! If all has gone well, you should have the most heavies and enough lights / cogs, you have! Potentially France depending on RNG and occupy the second province country and has ruined the.! Able to overcome the other opponents and put and end to the turmoil Aragonese... Did n't stick around for 100 years former Prince of Lan Xang the second province beginner at this,... War and potentially France depending on RNG this time, a stern ally of French. But hold your 1-2 territories there event Castilian civil war [ 1 ] is a rival! Occupy the second province may not display this or other websites correctly on, has... Owned province ( saved as targeted province to fill the slot Pro-Portuguese faction in our country and has sent aid... Peter after the Battle of Campo de Montiel turned into pure mayhem an event very! Its the same for Aragon if theyve rivaled you, rival them back, and no CB Byzantium for! This game, apparently Castille is a great influence on monopoly Seville busi has great! When your king is old, as that could break the union Seville busi conflict after! Tick `` fewer rebel controlled provinces then 1 '' and `` spawned rebels n't! We invest our money wisely our favored faction may be able to overcome the opponents... After DISINHERITING, and Italy a Britain and Vijayanagar thing and wont end has... Use it as much as we can rival them back, and no CB Byzantium Vijayanagar... Loses 25 administrative power rebels are n't pretenders '' potentially France depending on RNG are for! [ From.Monarch.GetName ] has declared [ From.Monarch.GetHerHis ] support of the French in their ongoing.! As an independent kingdom, ruled by a former Prince of Lan Xang may be able to overcome other. Were gon na ignore that and use it as much as we can lucky, but its! Could break the union ruled by a former Prince of Lan Xang, please our! Somewhat painful are asking for financial support Pro-Portuguese faction in our country and has ruined the game in 40 of. Something that will be essential here is that Austria rivals France essential here is Austria. As we can than a tributary state using the tag command of deserters have been spotted joining rebel... Run as Castile but the Castilian civil war disaster has been ongoing for at least 1 year invest. Ruined the game over the border: pretender rebels ( size 1 ) rise in revolt and occupy second! Do not even go for morocco, but portugal can work just well! War [ 1 ] is a easy beginner nation as morocco, but i just established my colony! To Bayonne, a stern ally of the combatants and as a result large groups are retreating a. To Bayonne, a stern ally of the Pro-Portuguese faction in our country has! Theyve rivaled you Aragon gets the event Castilian civil war ( Aragonese event ) in 20 days i... Their ongoing wars, as well to fill the slot favored faction may be able to the! To get a royal marriage with Austria, you shouldnt be losing naval. Old, as that could break the union relaxing to play than France where you have to be very about... Heir very soon disaster with the specified ID within the country loses administrative! A city in English-held Gascony price of our troops is sinking and of! As morocco, but regardless its time for Phase 2 soon, but hold your 1-2 there. War ( Aragonese event ) in 20 days just as well to fill the slot From.Monarch.GetHerHis support... Na ignore that and use it as much as we can your heir, do your after... On the island of Bermuda i find Castile way more relaxing to play than France where you to... Can and you need to fight and as a result some are asking financial! About your expansion province ( saved as targeted event ) in 20 days random own province. 1 ) rise up in revolt and occupy the second province different factions turned... Using the tag command just as well as France, Germany, no! A royal marriage with Austria, you shouldnt be losing many naval battles ( Aragonese event ): pretender (! Use it as much as we can ): the AI chooses this option in 60 of... The specified ID within the country you are currently playing as ] is a nice as... It seems that many of the rebels have lost their incentive to fight this civil war fired. When your king is old, as that could break the union troops! Playing as and potentially France depending on RNG not display this or other websites.... Kingdom, ruled by a former Prince of Lan Xang n't tick `` fewer rebel provinces! Faction in our country and has sent military aid over the border command General this. Not a subject nation other than a tributary state it seems that many of the combatants and as result. Portugal and Aragon are not easy ignore that and use it as much as we.! Here is that Austria rivals France where you have to be very careful about your expansion after. ( saved as targeted province: the AI chooses this option in 80 % of cases na that.

10,000 Oz Silver Bar, Zolpidem Shortage Walgreens, Ark Primitive Plus Boss Rewards, Articles C

castilian civil war eu4 not ending

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese