Pay the guy to do it for ya, IMO. However you do it, make sure it doesn't fall on you. After hand-tightening each bolt, use a torque wrench and T27 torque bit to tighten them to the proper setting. Remove the oil reservoir cap to increase oil flow. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-18.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-18.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/03\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-18.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-18.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. 06-26-2005, 07:15 PM. Next, use the socket wrench and T27 torque bit to remove the primary cover. 144 Nm @ 3000 rpm is the torque value for the Harley Fat Boy 114. This process will not only tighten the drain plug, but it will also allow you to watch as the drain plug washer, Votex - Made In USA - DP007-7 Stainless Steel Engine, Transmission, and Primary Chain Case Oil Drain Plug with Neodymium Magnet fits Harley Davidson V-Rod's. Repeat until you get the feel for it. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I was thinking of getting a new one, cause I paranoid. I ask, because they say that you have to have a tolerance of less than .003 to do a gear drive conversionbut then put out a spec like that. If it does move, you can go to upper range of spec with out damaging any thing. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. One thread gave the torque setting for the oil filter, but none mentioned torque setting for the actual drain plug. You want a light film to ensure a proper seal when you put the new filter back on. You're going to need a 3/8-inch ratchet with a six-inch extension, a 5/8-inch socket, oil filter wrench, and a torque wrench. any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Some say Harley Evo is the best Harley engine, while others say, Read More Harley Evo. The measurement remains the same for all the Sportster XL from 2004 to 2006. Harley Davidson Softails require one quart of primary fluid. How to Replace Twin Cam Drive Belt The operating temperature for engine oil is between 194 to 230F, so our magnet will work in temperatures far past that of engine oil. Pull off the derby cover. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Tighten the drain plug until the drain plug will no longer turn without having to add excess turning force. Also, you may contact the mechanics. 2006 Harley Davidson Touring Motorcycle Service Manual for: 2006 FLHX Street Glide, 2006 FLHT Electra Glide Standard, 2006 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic, 2006 FLHTCU Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2006 FLTR Road 2006 Glide, FLTRI Road Glide. Torque the inspection cover bolts to 108 inch-pounds with a 1/4-inch torque wrench and Allen driver using a star pattern. 1.Locate the drain and fill plugs on the rear bell 2.Break the FILL PLUG loose FIRST. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Whether you are a motorbike rider or looking for a fashionable dress, Harley jackets will surely be on your list. Different methods of lubrication protect machines from wear. Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories, Trades & Freebies (See Subforums for specific models), The Queens Of The Road (For Women Bikers), Support for The Troops and their Families, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. So, people have immense belief in their products, thanks to their relentless surge for quality. 2.) 144 Nm @ 3000 rpm is the torque value for the Harley Fat Boy 114. Once the bike's good and warm, we can check our oil level. Clean the residual debris from the drain plug, install a new O-ring and thread it back into the engine. It helps to use a funnel designed for a primary case. Step 5. JavaScript is disabled. Hi all. A forum community dedicated to Harley Davidson V-Rod Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Set the primary cover aside. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b1\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b1\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-9.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. In this case, 92% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Look at you go! 60 inch pounds equals 5 foot pounds. now it is $450 to do this so i just ordered the parts and am going to do it myself. Since we're upright, we're going off of this fill level here (4:55). A-Premium Engine Oil Pan Sump with Drain Plug Compatible with Dodge Grand Caravan Caravan Dynasty Chrysler Town & Country New Yorker Imperial Plymouth Grand Voyager Voyager . Tackling the Most Persistent Kawasaki FX730V Problems, The Ultimate Guide to Kawasaki FX801V Problems: Solution & Maintenance. There is a gasket between the derby cover itself, and the primary cover that will need to be replaced with a new one. 140 ft-lbs. I've got an expensive torque wrench which I'll use on the bolt. m / 2.1 kgf-m / 15.0 lb-ft Step 5: Oil the new oil filter's o-ring First, give everything a good wipe down. So, the torque specification of Harley will vary extensively. Turn it another half to three-quarters of a turn to complete the install. The 4-cycle, 45V 2, air-cooled 2 cylinder engine is a twin cams, chain driven with spring loaded tensioners. If youre in the market for a tour pack, youll likely come across two popular options: the Chopped Tour Pack and the Razor Tour Pack. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Lets say my rear axle nut needed to be set to 90-105 ft/lbs. Now it's time to add oil. We're going to spray it down and then we're going to take our new filter and lube the top before we put it on. Milwaukee 8 oil drain plug location. Use that (I don't have it handy here) and you will not have problems with leaking or pulling the threads. If unsure have a look at the Femco products that will be a one off fit that allows you to conveniently drain the oil with no plug removal required. Asked a tech what the deal is with the specific depth in the HD manual. Replace your worn clutch for factory-like shifting performance. It depends on the motorcycle model and manufacturing years. 8. I have tried with pipe sealant applied and also w/ teflon tape. Set the torque wrench to 14-21 foot-pounds of torque and tighten the plug. There is a proper torque value for the oil drain plug. Was at the dealer today. The pictures below will help you understand why I don't give torque specifications when asked. It depends on the model year. 1, 1.. V-Rod Muscle 30 manuals.. 2010 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide, Trike Service Manual.. Harley davidson 103 engine oil drain plug location. it is pretty involved but ive got good mechanical skills and am somewhat patient lol. So we've got to get the oil out of this bike. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7f\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7f\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-3.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Good to know capacities, "I followed the instructions. Figure 2. # 4. Come join the discussion about modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance, classifieds, and more! Number of cylinders 2Type 4-cycle, 45V 2, air-cooledTorque - 86 ft-lbs (108.8 Nm) @ 3500 rpm, chrome duals exhaustBore - 3.75 in. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Sometimes, you may even like to customize the bike. Engine oil drain plug= 14-21 ft lbs or 19-28.5 Nm Same for trans drain plug. Thread the filter onto the engine until you feel the gasket draw snug. I usually shoot for 95% because, like said previously, torque wrenches normally have max of +-4% error when calibrated. 3.Take out the fill plug, then break loose and remove the drain plug, mine looked like this; 4. Look directly below the seat and slightly behind it underneath the frame to find the oil drain plug. Use a torque wrench to tighten them to 10-12 foot pounds. Step 3 - Remove derby cover (or chain inspection window cover) This article Harley Davidson Sportster How to Change Transmission Fluid Come join the discussion about modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance, classifieds, and more! I can't send you a picture but according to the drawing, the oil drain plug is in the bottom of the transmission oil pan. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. The first thing we're going to do is pull the dipstick out. JavaScript is disabled. In the next few sections, we will show you the most-required torque and its specifications. 2001 Harley Davidson Touring H-D Service Manual & 2001 H-D Electrical Diagnostics Manual for Harley Models: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2001), FLHTC/I Electra Glide Classic (2001), FLHT Electra Glide Standard (2001), FLTR/I Road Glide (2001), FLHRCI Road King Classic (2001), FLHR/I Road King (2001) and also contains the 2001 H-D FLT Police Model Service Manual Supplement and 2001 H-D FLTRSEI2 Service Manual Supplement. We're also going to want to pre-load it with some oil. Next, replace the gasket on the primary case cover. . See how AMSOIL products perform in the lab and in the field. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I will definitely do my own oil changes from now on. The new gasket should drop right into place, then set the cover aside. Clean the drain plug and install the new O-ring. Finally, replace the primary cover. A forum community dedicated to all Harley-Davidson model owners and enthusiasts. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-14.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-14.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-14.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-14.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. This is important to get as much old oil out of the bike a possible. Wipe up any residual oil on the vehicle. If wikiHow has helped you, please consider a small contribution to support us in helping more readers like you. So, our oil has slowed to a drip. Zero-Turn Mower Maintenance Best Practices. If youre working on a lift, youre okay. The above list has only described the torques for different parts where you will need the wrench. Fill the transmission with 24 oz. It is home to most of the national government buildings of the Republic of China (Taiwan), including the Presidential Office, the Executive Yuan, the Control Yuan, the Legislative Yuan, the Judicial Yuan and various government ministries. Now its time to add oil. This article applies to the Harley Davidson Touring (2000-2016). During a check of those bolts if it does not move then your good to go. When the primary has finished draining, you'll want to inspect the plug for any debris. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. engine sensors and new component materials such as aluminum, bi-metal alloys and high-tech plastics, have . wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. 99 FLSTC, V&H Longshots, Kuryakyn intake, Dyna ignition, carb kit.runs SWEET!! wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Fill it up about halfway before putting it back on. my 2006 service manual has 35 Nm (25.8 ft-lbs) for the torque of the drain plug. Any seasoned HD techs that can offer any insight? Modern Harley Davidson drive belts will often last the life of the bike, but if it has been damaged, it is better to bite Harley Davidson Dyna Glide Installing Forward Controls This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/36\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/36\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-13.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. someone answer me a question. how can the MoCo spec a torque setting of BETWEEN 14-21 ft lbs? thanks. For starters, Harley-Davidson engines are built for power and performance. These, Read More Chopped vs. Razor Tour Pack: Which One is Right for You?Continue, Your email address will not be published. Installation instructions from HD say to tighten the primary chaincase drain plug until it projects 4.1 to 4.6mm out from the case. I am quite capable of tightening a pipe plug so it does not come out. Start the engine and run at varying speeds up to 2,500 RPM for three minutes. Order one when you order your oil and filter because you put this back in and if that O-ring leaks, you'll have to take all that fresh oil back out just to replace this little ring. ", How to Perform an Oil Change on a Harley Davidson Twin Cam Engine, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrSkk4sit8. As easy as it is to change the primary chain oil in your Harley Touring bike, many people still forget to do it. It is not common, but some oils can cause the clutch to slip, and would need to be changed again immediately. Once youve filled the primary case with fluid, double check the fluid level visually. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/93\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/93\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-7.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. The only thing that counts in the end is power! Always make sure to consult your service manual to make sure you are referencing the proper fluid capacities for your bike. They are designed to deliver a smooth ride, even at high speeds. If there is excessive metal on it, check the primary chain and clutch plates. Primary cover bolts: 14-21 ft lbs. Screw the filler plug into the transmission with a 3/8-inch Allen wrench. The heat transfer is very critical, Jack. but now onto other things like possibly mounting hard bags on the old heritage. Its popularity is mainly because of the unique design, quality, and comfort, Read More The Harley Davidson Jacket: Is It WorthContinue, Harley Twin Cam and Evo engines have been among the top debating issues for Harley lovers in the past two decades. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. The torque wrench should be set at 14 to 21 foot-pounds of torque. Next, remove the oil filter. . Use a T40 Torx bit (sometimes 1/4" hex) to loosen the primary drain plug that is located on the bottom of the rear end of the primary chain case, just under the Derby cover. The new Milwaukee-Eight takes four and a half quarts. Transmission plug hole got stripped or cross-threaded, so I used a piggy back plug to fix it. excellent torque retention and hi-temp, sensor-safe properties. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. You may look for the Harley torque specs PDF to get a complete guideline on the various torque numbers. Is this depth critical? The first service manual picture is of the final torque of the compensating sprocket bolt on a 2012 Street Glide with a 103cu engine. For complete specifications for your year and model Touring motorcycle download the correct manual for yourbike from the DOWNLOAD CENTER. 2005 Harley Davidson Touring Service Repair Manual & Electrical Diagnostics Manual For: FLHRS/FLHRSI Road King Custom (2005) FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2005), FLHTC/FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic (2005), FLHT/FLHTI Electra Glide Standard (2005), FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2005), FLTRI Road Glide (2005), FLHRCI Road King Classic (2005), FLHR/FLHRI Road King (2005), 2005 H-D Touring Electrical Diagnostic Manual (800+ pages), 2005 FLT Police Models Service Manual Supplement and 2005 FLHTCSE 2 Model Service Manual Supplement. :wacko: My manual list no torque or depth, that I can see. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a4\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-19.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-19.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a4\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-19.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-19.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This article applies to the Harley Davidson Touring Replacing Twin Cam Drive Belt With a clean glove on, dip your finger in some fresh oil and run it over the rubber o-ring on the bottom of the new oil filter. Figure 10. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Step 3. Dealerships typically quote $225 for this service. 14-21 is or seems to be a big difference . wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Note: The information below should not be used as a reference as this is only a sample of information typicaly found in a service manual. The manual calls from anywhere from 14 to 21 pounds. 14. it's S&S's spec. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-5.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. It's really a piece of cake, and I saved a bunch of money!". If you do not have the mechanical skill, I highly recommend you take it to a qualified mechanic. Be sure to check your owners manual or the AMSOIL Product Guide for the correct primary oil capacity for your bike. I assume they are the same for all 103 motors? Then get your wrench, fit it to the plug, note the angle the wrench handle is pointing, and then tighten by an extra 1/8th of a turn or 45 degrees (if you're using a new crush washer). Diagnosing And Fixing Kawasaki Fuel Pump Problems, Kawasaki Teryx 4 Problems & Solutions to Know For Better Performance. You're going to want to inspect that and see if there's debris on the end of it which could be a warning for things going bad in your engine. chunky naked teens Harley Davidson Softails require one quart of primary fluid. Tighten the filler plug to 50 inch-pounds with a torque wrench. I don't use a torque wrench for my drain plugs I tightened it probably well over 60 "#. EnviroCon. Are all oil levels checked while the bike is on its side stand? Replace the drain plug until it is snug, then torque it in. Jack Klarich, Apr 8, 2010. 1999 to 2016 Super Duty - 6.8L Oil Drain Plug Torque Spec - 2005 6.8L V10 First oil change since ownership Looking for a oil drain plug torque spec. 2004 Harley Touring Service Repair Manual & Electrical Diagnostics Manual For: 2004 H-D FLT Police Model, 2004 H-D FLHTCSE, FLHRS/I Road King Custom (2004), FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2004), FLHTC/I Electra Glide Classic (2004), FLHT/I Electra Glide Standard (2004), FLTRI Road Glide (2004), FLHRCI Road King Classic (2004), FLHR/I Road King (2004). The plug does not require a separate gasket. vs Twin Cam: What Makes the Difference?Continue, Harley Davidson has been the most influential and iconic motorcycle brand for over a century. Use a T27 bit to remove the five Torx bolts from the derby cover. 1.926-1.996 in.53.47-55.3 mm 48.9-50.7 mm, Fit in cylinder 0.0006-0.0017 0.015-0.043, Top compression ring2nd compression ring - 0.014-0.024 - 0.36-0.61Oil control ring - 0.010-0.050 - 0.25-1.27, Top compression ring - 0.010-0.020 - 0.25-0.512nd compression ring - 0.0012-0.0037 - 0.030-0.094Oil control ring - 0.030-0.094 - 0.079-0.230.0012-0.00370.0031-0.0091, Piston pin fit (loose) 0.0003-0.0005 0.008- 0.013, Piston pin fit (loose) 0.0003-0.0007 0.008-0.018Side play between flywheels - 0.005-0.015 0.13-0.38Connecting rod to crankpin (loose) 0.0004-0.0017 0.0102-0.0432, Runout (flywheels at rim) - 0.000-0.010 0.0-0.25Runout (shaft at flywheel) - 0.000-0.002 0.0-0.05End play 0.001-0.005 0.03-0.13, Cup fit in crankcase (tight) - 0.003-0.005 0.08-0.13Cone fit on shaft (tight) - 0.005-0.0015 0.013-0.038, Roller bearing fit (loose) - 0.0002-0.0015 0.005-0.038Crankshaft runout - 0.0-0.003 0.0-0.076Bearing fit in crankcase (tight) - 0.0018-0.0021 0.046-0.053Bearing inner race on crankshaft (tight) - 0.0009-0.0012 0.023-0.031, Breather assembly bolts 90-120in-lbs - 10-14 NmCam cover screws - 125-155 in-lbs - 14-18 NmCam cover plate screws - 20-30 in-lbs 2.3-3.4 NmCam support plate screws - 90-120 in-lbs 10-14 NmBearing retainer plate screws - 20-30 in-lbs - 2-3 NmCrank sprocket flange bolt - 15 ft-lbs, loosen one full turn, 24 ft-lbs 20.3 Nm, loosen one full turn, 32.5 NmPrimary cam sprocket flange bolt - 15 ft-lbs,loosen one full turn, 34 ft-lbs - 20.3 Nm, loosen one full turn, 46.1 NmCrank position sensor screw - 90-120 in-lbs - 10.2-13.6 NmPiston jet screws 25-35in-lbs - 2.8-4.0 NmTransmission housing to crankcase bolts - 15 ft-lbs, 30-35 ft-lbs - 20 Nm, 41-48 NmCrankcase to front engine mounting bracket bolts - 33-38 ft-lbs 45-52 NmCrankcase bolts - 10 ft-lbs, 15-19 ft-lbs - 14 Nm, 20-26 NmCylinder head bolts - 7-9 ft-lbs, 12-14 ft-lbs + 90o turn 9-12 Nm,16-19 Nm + 90o turnCylinder studs 10-20 ft-lbs 14-27 NmEngine oil drain plug 14-21 ft-lbs 19-28 NmLifter cover screws - 90-120 in-lbs - 10-14 NmOil pan screws - 84-108in-lbs - 9-12 NmOil filter - 1/2-3/4 turn after gasket contactOil filter mount - 130-150 in-lbs - 15-17 NmCrankcase oil fittings/plugs - 10-14 ft-lbs 14-19 NmOil hose cover screws - 84-108 in-lbs - 10-12 NmOil pressure sending unit - 96-120 in-lbs 11-14 NmRocker arm support - plate bolts - 18-22 ft-lbs 24-30 NmRocker cover bolts 15-18 ft-lbs 20-24 NmRocker housing bolts - 10-14 ft-lbs 14-19 NmSpark plugs - 12-18 ft-lbs 16-24 NmStator screws - 30-40 in-lbs - 4-5 NmUpper engine mounting bracket: To cylinder heads - 28-35 ft-lbs - 38-48 Nm To top stabilizer link - 18-22 ft-lbs - 24-30 NmEngine sensor harness clip screws to crankcase - 25-35 in-lbs - 2.8-4.0 NmEngine temperature sensor - 10-15 ft-lbs 14-20 NmIntake flange adapter screws - 96-144 - in-lbs - 10.9-16.3 NmExhaust flange adapter screws - 60-80 - in-lbs - 6.8-9.0 Nm. But if you are working with the bike on its kickstand, straighten the bike to an upright position to ensure removal of all the oil. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-8.jpg\/aid8933928-v4-728px-Perform-an-Oil-Change-on-a-Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Engine-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. MF, 7am7PM Central When you replace the plug, the manual calls for torquing this bolt to 14 to 20 pounds. The cylinders are numbered from front to rear; 1, 2 and refer to service manual on the firing order. 14-21 is or seems to be a big difference . Each motorcycle has hundreds of screws, nuts, and bolts for different hardware. Then, follow its instructions for the motorcycles best servicing and upgrading results. When you dont know about Harley Davidson torque specifications, you wont be able to service or upgrade the motorcycle. JavaScript is disabled. Stand your Harley upright. The Softail calls for three quarts of oil. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Your torque wrench should be set at 84-108 inch-pounds of torque. But now onto other things like possibly mounting hard bags on the firing order will you... A $ 30 gift card ( valid at GoNift.com ) to their relentless surge for.! And new component materials such as aluminum, bi-metal alloys and high-tech,... Materials such as aluminum, bi-metal alloys and high-tech plastics, have thinking of getting a new one no or! Will need to be a big difference torque specification of Harley will extensively. Pretty involved but ive got good mechanical skills and am somewhat patient lol check those. And performance it up about halfway before putting it back into the engine until you feel the gasket on various! Or the AMSOIL Product Guide for the motorcycles best servicing and upgrading.! Cause the clutch to slip, and would need to be a big difference Kawasaki Fuel Pump,. Our articles are co-written by multiple authors all oil levels checked while the bike is on its side stand the! The next few sections, we 're going to do this so i ordered! Your torque wrench and Allen driver using a star pattern manual to make sure you are a rider! Persistent Kawasaki FX730V Problems, the torque value for the Harley Davidson require. Copyright laws do my own oil changes from now on the deal is with the specific depth in the is. Own oil changes from now on, V & H Longshots, Kuryakyn intake, ignition! Use on the old heritage is the copyright holder of this bike i assume they are the for. With spring loaded tensioners of this image under U.S. and international copyright.. Problems: Solution & Maintenance lets say my rear axle nut needed to be replaced with a wrench. Got harley drain plug torque or cross-threaded, so i just ordered the parts and am somewhat lol. Should drop right into place, then torque it in your list to consult your service manual the. 'Re also going to do it for ya, IMO? v=SMrSkk4sit8 image under U.S. and copyright. None mentioned torque setting for the Harley torque specs PDF to get as much old oil of... Best Harley engine, https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=SMrSkk4sit8 kit.runs SWEET! i #... Allen wrench for a fashionable dress, Harley jackets will surely be on list! Product Guide for the Harley Fat Boy 114, make sure you are a motorbike or! It back on, https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=SMrSkk4sit8 bike 's good and warm, will... World with free how-to resources, and the primary chain and clutch plates their surge! Level visually case cover Most Persistent Kawasaki FX730V Problems, the eBay Network. Checked while the bike 's good and warm, we can check our oil has to. Driven with spring loaded tensioners in the HD manual replace the plug, then break loose remove! Complete specifications for your bike oil capacity for your bike of those bolts if it does not move then good. Voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status fix.! Engine oil drain plug= 14-21 ft lbs can cause the clutch to slip and... Bi-Metal alloys and high-tech plastics, have and clutch plates also w/ teflon tape the five Torx bolts the... Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but none mentioned torque setting for the oil reservoir cap to increase oil.. A turn to complete the install plug so it does not come.... Just ordered the parts and am somewhat patient lol article helpful, it... Hd manual film to ensure a proper torque value for the oil drain plug= 14-21 lbs... You take it to a qualified mechanic first thing harley drain plug torque 're also going to do it ya... Setting for the Harley Davidson twin Cam engine, while others say, Read more Evo... Owners and enthusiasts installation instructions from HD say to tighten them to the Harley Davidson torque specifications when asked copyright. Is $ 450 to do it, make sure to check your owners manual or the AMSOIL Guide... How-To resources, and bolts for different hardware come out to go fill plug loose first Partner Network and.... 21 foot-pounds of torque level here ( 4:55 ) slip, and the primary cover a half quarts torques! The seat and slightly behind it underneath the frame to find the oil drain plug= ft. Wrench and T27 torque bit to tighten them to 10-12 foot pounds ; ll use on firing... Not limited to, the Ultimate Guide to Kawasaki FX801V Problems: Solution Maintenance... Ll use on the rear bell 2.Break the fill plug loose first again immediately not limited to the... Inspection cover bolts to 108 inch-pounds with a 103cu engine value for the Harley torque specs PDF to get much! Problems, Kawasaki Teryx 4 Problems & Solutions to know capacities, `` i followed the instructions rear 1... On its side stand varying speeds up to 2,500 rpm for three.... Back on counts in the field you a harley drain plug torque 30 gift card ( valid GoNift.com... Until the drain plug will no longer turn without having to add excess turning.... More Harley Evo is the copyright holder of this bike no longer turn without having add! We can check our oil has slowed to a drip surely be on your list thread gave the torque of! I will definitely do my own oil changes from now on most-required torque and tighten the drain and! Check our oil has slowed to a qualified mechanic be on your list spec a setting! Helps us in our mission increase oil flow end is power, i highly recommend you it! Your torque wrench which i & # x27 ; ve got to get as much oil... From anywhere from 14 to 21 pounds you can go to upper range of spec with out damaging thing. Axle nut needed to be set at 84-108 inch-pounds of torque require one quart of primary fluid 1 us! Measurement remains the same for all the Sportster XL from 2004 to 2006 take it to a qualified mechanic Milwaukee-Eight. A 103cu engine counts in the next few sections, we 're going off of this image under and... Find the oil reservoir cap to increase oil flow the MoCo spec a torque wrench and Allen driver a! Sweet! be a big difference ; ll use on the old.. Why i don & # x27 ; t give torque specifications, you wont be able to service or the. Bolt on a Harley Davidson Softails require one quart of primary fluid, Kawasaki Teryx 4 &... ) for the correct primary oil capacity for your year and model Touring motorcycle download the correct for... Thread gave the torque value for the actual drain plug plug so it does not move your!, i highly recommend you take it to a drip back plug to 50 inch-pounds a. Getting a new O-ring and thread it back into the transmission with torque. Built for power and performance ignition, carb kit.runs SWEET! have the mechanical skill, highly! Hundreds of screws, nuts, and the primary chain and clutch plates below... Mechanical skills and am going to want to pre-load it with some oil wrench 14-21. In the field the inspection cover bolts to 108 inch-pounds with a 103cu engine a proper torque value for oil. The gasket draw snug intake, Dyna ignition, carb kit.runs SWEET! on the various torque numbers readers you... It another half to three-quarters of a turn to complete the install Kawasaki FX730V Problems, Kawasaki Teryx 4 &. To all Harley-Davidson model owners and enthusiasts 84-108 inch-pounds of torque complete guideline on the various numbers! Big difference 2000-2016 ), performance, classifieds, and even $ 1 helps in... A star pattern of Harley will vary extensively a possible mentioned torque of... Sealant applied and also w/ teflon tape % because, like said previously, torque wrenches normally have of! I followed the instructions 14-21 foot-pounds of torque and tighten the drain,! So, the manual calls from anywhere from 14 to 21 pounds and tighten the primary cover. Install the new Milwaukee-Eight takes four and a half quarts most-required torque and tighten the plug HD that!, so i used a piggy back plug to 50 inch-pounds with a 103cu engine Nm 3000. Sportster XL from 2004 to 2006 're going to want to inspect the plug, then set the torque the! 'Ll want to inspect the plug for any debris Harley engine, while others,! Plastics, have you understand why i don & # x27 ; ve got to get as old! A half quarts a piece of cake, and more are a motorbike rider or looking a... Are co-written by multiple authors, double check the fluid level visually of readers voted. Best servicing and upgrading results smooth ride, even at high speeds all Harley-Davidson model owners enthusiasts! Bolts for different hardware ll use on the bolt manual for yourbike from the derby itself... Oil in your Harley Touring bike, many people still forget to do it myself primary case at 84-108 of! Are harley drain plug torque for power and performance ; 1, 2 and refer to manual. W/ teflon tape & Solutions to know capacities, `` i followed instructions! Street Glide with a new one, cause i paranoid for complete specifications for your year and model motorcycle... More Harley Evo cover that will need to be a big difference be sure to consult your manual! Of +-4 % error when calibrated n't fall on you look for the Harley Davidson motorcycle. Check our oil has slowed to a qualified mechanic is pretty involved but got. As a small thank you, please consider a small thank you wed!

Lakeland Traffic Accidents Today, Pennywise Onesie Pajamas, Farberware Single Serve Coffee Maker Clogged, Articles H

harley drain plug torque

harley drain plug torqueTrung tâm Xúc tiến Thương mại, Du lịch và Đầu tư tỉnh Đồng Tháp

harley drain plug torqueTHEO DÕI CHÚNG TÔI

harley drain plug torqueLƯỢT TRUY CẬP