After talking to the Honda representative about getting me a new engine they said that they can replace the engine (do an engine short block) for $3,400. My second question is why did the oil light not come on when the oil was low, till I slammed on the brakes for a yellow light. Dealers claim 1000 miles and 1 quart is normal consumption. That was it. Honda has agreed to replace pistons on this vehicle. I have also spoke with Honda representatives through their Twitter site and I am not satisfied with their replies. So frustrated!!! Im wanting to take the car back to the dealer to where I brought it, and have whatever needs to be fixed? Finally, it has been fixed. They admitted they knew about the noise now and had know about the oil issues. I posted earlier as #110 and I have an update. 09 accord started this problem at 50000 miles. I have a 08 Accord LX with 102K. Also, the spark plug breaking is a different issue than the one everyone else is having. Lets take care of this problem. I just purchased a 2010 Accord EX-L from a Ford dealership. Wish I saved the 2001 Accord, 240K ran great, all it needed was a clutch, but wife wanted an auto. What ive read on web sites is that the owner should check the oil every 1,000 miles and that adding 1 quart of oil in this time period is normal. First Honda tells me I need a new engine that will cost 7100!! Am I too late? I was finally able to find the class action suit and told them i was having the same issue. I turned the engine off and called a tow service who towed the car all the way to my dealer in Santa Clara CA. Please, please fill this out. Have it back to dealer that tried all kind of repair from oil sensor to the tightening heat shield. Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more. I have a 2008 4cyl, I have had this issue twice. Car has 127,000 miles on it now and it uses 5 quarts of oil between changes. Been a Honda owner for our last 4 new cars not another after this. So now 2 years later and I get a check engine light. I have a radiator leak too and thats prob a result of the cat backup.. The other 3 Hondas never consumed excessive oil. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I was told one particular time that the grinding sound my car made was due to that reason. There is strength with numbers! I bought my 2008 Honda Accord EX-L (4cyl) and first of the bat there were two issues: my front bearing was defective and the breaks issue that eventually got resolved. Engine started to have missfires 4 days out. I have a 2016 1.2 TSI Polo (hatchback) with 150 000kms. Called American Honda and opened case yet they will not do anything for me. This smoke will look very thick and have dark gray and blue colors to it. I have been monitoring my oil and have discovered I am burning a quart of oil every 800.00 miles. Follow the guidelines listed in your owners manual from the vehicles manufacturer. Another misfire incident occurred the other day and I took it in. I had to replace the timing chain. The manager assured me he will back me in getting the problem corrected ie replacing the short box. Just not worth purchasing and would not wish anyone to purchase a Honda again. To the person that has a 25,000 mile Accord and needs $10,000 worth of repairsget a new mechanic! I have sworn by Hondas for years. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 1. Im experiencing loss of acceleration power at low speeds (from 0 to 80 km/h) it seems to stumble or hesitate while lightly speeding up to 80 km/h (Im only giving it 1700-2000 rpms). There's a product by Kano Labs called 'KREEN' that is made for this purpose. I really hate that we also bought a 2010 Civic that eats tires. This is my third Honda and Im very disappointed and now not sure if I want to buy another one. This all happened 2months ago. Those are hard questions to answer. This article will explain the common signs of a bad piston ring, its function, location, and the replacement cost if you need to replace them. The engine has not consumed one drop. When the piston rings are bad, you will get high pressure inside the crankcase. I dont think he was normal. Keeps telling me my dealer is going to contact me when they have the tools to fix it. Then the plugs started to foul. Terrible terrible sound. So I checked to make sure the oil was okay, could not get to register anything. You wont be able to accelerate your vehicle at all and its overall performance will be very poor. It is not recommended to drive a car with a bad piston ring. I have all my records. Select Vehicle . I drive roughly 1500 highway miles per month. I was just told they are going to tear the engine down to a bare block and replace everything else. I wonder all the oil that was burned within No.3 cylinder can be shorten the engine life. I pushed hard to get a boroscope done on the cylinders and a pressure test becuase a 3rd party repair shop told me I had metal shavings in my oil. One time I was refueling at the gas station and my car would not start. Burning oil Honda did an oil consumption test and stated the amount burned is normal. What do I do? Then said I had to have oil in my driveway which there is no oil whatsoever in my driveway or when the vehicle halted. Im not wasting any more time on this. 12-cv-1377, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California. Have 2008 honda accord. On their suggestion I brought my car to Honda of New Rochelle. At the last moment they asked me to initial a cosmetic as-is waiver on the bill of sale. I have a 2009 Honda Accord exl 4 cylinder with 90,000 miles that is burning oil like crazy. I want to be part of this law suit. They told me my challenge was not related but said they got Honda to contribute. We got a new engine in our 08 Accord at 62000, all covered under warranty due to this exact problem. Consuming excessive oil since 50k. I was a big fan of Honda cars but not anymore, I will never recommend this company again WiiExpertise 23 days ago Any assistance would be appreciated. Have a 2010 honda civic ex l with 77,000 kms and dealing with the same thing. Me again. 0000028789 00000 n Absurd. 2009 Accord wit a V-6 engine. Add one more to the list. In 2015 with 155K miles the same exact issue is occurring. i am taking it to the dealership toda y. see what they say. I just received the recall note from Honda yesterday (08.26.2015) in my mail box and decided to search the topic on internet. of oil every week. Ive added almost two quarts since my last oil change. not bind. I said heck no Im not paying $1000 just to see if Honda will cover this KNOWN ISSUE! With 68k miles they fixed the gasket cover filter because i was intermittently getting the low oil pressure light at low rpms. There is nothin they want to do. Any updates on this, same problem with my 2008 LX-P original owner. Finally at 120,000 miles it was burning over a quart of oil every 1000 miles and the extended warranty covered the replacement of the piston rings (plus other parts) after I agreed to 900 dollars to take the engine apart and see what was wrong. Ive replaced the catalytic converter and according to my mechanic, it has worn piston rings and the cat conv is failing again. The dealership said it was fine for my friend to drive the car back home as long as the lights didnt start flashing and the car drove fine. Sadly, I know almost nothing about cars. The latest one is a 08 Honda Accord EX. Please keep me posted how to get on board with this law suit. You could be slamming the throttle to its limit and still not feel your vehicle speed up the way its supposed to. I have been complaining to Honda about this for the last 30k miles and just found this website. I did a little personal research to find out how to use it and what to look for but I really dont know much. Drive till 19700 mi and see the oil drops to lower level of stick, they ask to come for test again at 20600 mi engine begins to vibrate, low engine oil. Its in the shop right now and Im looking at $1,400 in repairs. This will be my last Honda purchase. My 09 engine rattles on a cold start. JavaScript is disabled. Software update didnt solve the problem. Anyone know when the trial date has been set? Talking about. Then I found out Toyota had a recall. Ran out of oil twice before it was time to do an oil change. I had my car towed to my local Honda dealership. 2015 EX (Alabaster Silver) - Shear Comfort seat covers, Husky Liners floor liners, OEM cargo liner, VCMTuner II, Street Guardian dashcam, Scangauge II, Akebono ProACT brake pads, Raybestos Element3 rotors, Hayden 698 ATF cooler w/Tru-Cool thermostatic bypass valve, Lubegard Red, Draw-Tite 76025 hitch receiver. Thanks Honda. 2 days ago, our CEL and VSA indicators came on and we could feel a misfire occurring. And now weve found this website with all this information. I just checked my oil level wasnt even on the dip stick just had oil changed 1800 miles ago. I add about 1- 2 quarts of oil in between oil changes. Would my car and these conditions fit into this class action lawsuit? It basically depends on your cars make and model, but on average, you could expect to pay from $40 to $200 just for the piston rings. My biggest issue is flickering lights when you turn on the heat or AC. Total repair cost >$2500. The top and 2nd ring grooves are 1.2 mm (0.05 in) wide. 130 64 Honda has the worst customer service I ever dealt with. I have a 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L (4 cyls) It was burning over 3 quarts per oil change. Ridiculous. You can do a compression test if youre concerned. ), the timing chain has stretched and I am paying the dealer over $1000 to fix. took it in for first test, told all good. That doesnt sound like much but remember that the labor cost is significant. Now Im on the 1000 mile oil consumption test. The warranty is over now but the problem is still there..even after they fixed it. I just picked my car up from the dealership yesterday, and they are starting an oil consumption test. Time will tell. What should I do now? The guy seemed to think it was funny, like I was dumb for bringing my car to him. I do have the same sluggish engine again now. I check the oil every week and it seems like it eats more oil later in the life of the oil change. I also had the service bulletin (software update) performed on the 2008 accord to fix the problem and it did not work. Honda dealers never took time to investigate, they said it is normal until yesterday. Get rid of it!!! I have a 2009 Honda Accord V6 and have noticed the last couple of oil changes that the oil level is 1.5 to 2 quarts low. Thanks. If consumption is 1 one quart every 1,000 to 3,000 miles, the company may require more tests and higher levels of approval before offering repairs. 2009 accord. my 2008 Honda Accord burning 2 Qts of oil a month who do I talk to about this problem and get resolved. I really dont want to get dragged into this test, as there is never any good outcome and they dont acknowledge anything wrong. In the 1930s soichiro honda was already passionate for cars, who then founded a company which would build piston rings used in early toyota cars. Hopefully something positive happens here. Ive had so many repairs but the major ones now are catalytic converters,. Help. My oil light would come on and when I checked it.. It was suggested to me that I should replace the entire intercooler system to stock, but some have told me I can just replace the hoses with new ones. This is our second Honda and probably the Last!! It was making me nervous. To my knowledge, worn piston rings wont change your AFR theyll just make each power stroke less efficient. Since I am out of warranty will I be included in class action law suitI am a low mileage driver and always seem to be out of the time but never have the mileage. I think I should sell it and Say bye to Hondad forever. Buy Genuine Spare Parts for car online at Maruti Suzuki Genuine Parts. I have a 2008 Accord that is consuming oil. Answer (1 of 6): I suggest a new bore kit. They said that every one who has an issue and complain on a blog should call American Honda Corporation to complain so they can document each case. Same as everyone else just left the shop with a new set of spark plugs! Im not impressed so far Bought my 2008 Accord EX Coupe I-4 w/ 61K at the beginning of July I always thought Honda was the way to go for reliability Wish I didnt get rid of my 04 Cavalier After 3K of miles oil light comes on The dealership updated my computer on the oil consumption and told me it was fixed Another 3K just rolled around, and here comes the oil light !! 28200b 005-28200 new replace replacement oil ring 1st 2nd oe, compression 3rd cylinder liner full engine quality kit part, repair pistons petrol diesel parts rings 40m4017.000-jpn 84, 05699 13011p5tg00 13011-p5t-g00 89-0651-0000 prho408441d gp, 9-0651-00 20t2n 3661929435099 20t2r hipol honda npr-e rik sm The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. At 62,oo, plug failed again and uses alot of oil 1-1/2 every 3,000 miles. The cost of this replacement job will be between $900 and $1,800, depending on the make and model of your vehicle. With navigation: Remove the dashboard center vent So for all those who have this issue they can go to the dealer and probably they will change piston and piston rings and re build the engine.Now the thing that how long this fix will be last for. 2006-2023, HondaPartsNow.com by Genuine Parts Giant, Inc. Search by Part Number, Part Name, Description. 0000003127 00000 n Ill have a mechanic look at his piston rings and get the necessary auto parts replacements for it. For those of you that continue to tolerate the issues regarding your Honda, please dont. Now it misfires when I accelerate slowly to 25 mph I have no idea what to do because no one is going to take it with these issues but the car itself was already $12,000 when we bought it used in late 2017. You can expect a labor cost between $10004000 for a correct piston ring replacement, depending on the engine. problem started with oil light going on. What am I suppose to do now? Superior size and weight grading within each set. Looks like I am going to have to pay for my second VTC Accuator due to lack of oil. Now, Im concerned that there may have been damage to my engine. I will never ever buy another Honda. This pressure is vented from the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) hose back into the intake. Im done with Honda. any obdii scanner can do this. Honda doesnt know how to fix it. Dealer is Jerry Damson, Florence, Alabama. I hear a rattle, usually when turning left, but havent checked to make sure theres nothing in the wheels. meaning in total you should go for 3000. and if in each 1000 shows you did burn one quart then you are eligible for a repair ( if you are with inside the warranty or extended warranty which says either no more than 8 years passed from the life of the car or has not been driven over 122000 miles (if i am correct), in that case you are covered and Honda will pay for the repair. Have an 08 Honda Accord 4 cyl. 0000002344 00000 n But be prepared for a big job in which you need a lot of knowledge. As the piston travels downward, it rotates the crankshaft which creates the power that propels your vehicle. I just bought my car in for a second oil consumption test and the dealership said that they would talk to a Honda representative about getting me a new engine. If the bore is beyond the service limit, the engine Thank you for any and all help! Honda replaced a bank of spark plugs (#1-3) as a goodwill gesture because there was a tech service bulletin out on that. This isnt right. Having same issue . The process of replacing valve seals involves disassembling the entire engine until you can reach the valve spring. Glad to know that I am not the only one having these issues. Love my car but not the problem.. WOW! Today we're finally reassembling the paramotor engine. My engine light would come on all the time and I kept wondering what was up with that. It has the four-cylinder VTEC engine that produces 190 hp. This is one owener who will be buying north american quality next time.Good luck to you all. I too have to keep spare oil in my car at all times. You may not always see smoke out of your tailpipe if its not too severe. Happens when engine is started on a cold start. I do not have an oil leak. I see that I am not alone with this problem or in my anger. While it does a better job of lubrication, it also has different flow properties. 0000005907 00000 n After installing a new set of rings, measure the Have oil rest done. I doubt Honda would sell many cars if they added that to the window sales sticker of a car boasting gas milage of 32mpg. Honda 2009 accord coupe exl : I have been dealing with the oil consumption problem for over a year. He has not had an issue yet. My Accord has been drinking oil since I purchased it new in 2008. I kept bringing to the dealer complaining of the check engine light going on and engine stuttering. They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. This is a serious problem that Honda needs to recall and fix all vehicles with this issue. The Honda dealer wanted to charge me $300 to diagnose out the problemyeah right. If the oil cap flies away together with a lot of smoke that pours out, you may have bad piston rings. I guess a lot of people were having that problem. A 42 000.00$ mistake. I asked them what about my oil consumption test. Not only will worn out piston rings cause a loss in performance, but they will also cause your cars exhaust to emit blue smoke. Extending the warranty will not fix the problem. 2009 Honda Accord and I live in Southern CA. A couple of weeks later he checked the oil again and it was already down over a quart. Hondo does not want to fix it. I also had the break, seat-belt and the dimming headlights every 21 seconds. Yesterday the spark plugs became fouled and misfired for the first time. Just take responsibility .. This is absolutely insane and I will never buy a Honda again nor will I recommend anyone to get one. I have a 2008 Honda Accord and I have to always have a bottle of oil in my car. Honda has lost all credibility with me. Its time for Honda to stop pretending this is normal! Im done w Honda. Its unreal to think that this issue can go unpunished I didnt buy a honda to turn around 3 and a half years late and have to get a whole new engine in it. WITHOUT WARNING MY ENGINE LIGHT WENT ON AND MY CAR STARTED JERKING AND PUTTED OUT. When there is a large amount of blow by, you may notice your intake is quite oily. check stick, nothing. When the oil leaks, it gets mixed in the combustion process and will slowly leak into the cylinder, which causes a drop in your vehicles oil level, leading to poor performance and even engine failure. What a bunch of crooks! I have a 2008 Honda accord and thought I was buying a reliable car that I could depend on to not break me, like the last two that I have had.. If its still having the same issue even after fixing the little leak, then I guess it could be something to do with piston rings going bad and losing compression somewhere or maybe turbo seals that also need to get replaced? Best way for this to be repaired? Now out of warranty, 125,000 miles, AM DEALING WITH CHECK ENGINE LIGHT GIVING CODES INDICATING NEED TO REPLACE TWO OF THE THREE CATALYTIC CONVERTERS. My 2008 Honda Accord began a grinding, winding and knocking noise in the engine all around the same time. If youre experiencing this issue, press it as much as you can before your engine blows up like mine!!! First and last honda I will ever buy. 4) Any combination of the above. I drive a lot for work. Dealer warrenty installed a new plug. I am suppose to get it this week and they say they did some type of service on it that is suppose to be the curl all. However, most of the replacement cost has to do with the labor behind it. I have been a three different trips, each of which were about. Is there a class action for the 4cyl? They need to add 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl to that list. ), What Oil Should I Use? If I take this to the dealer will it be a covered repair? So, fo course I was not checking the oil. How can I get in on this class action lawsuit? We noticed a slight chugging sensation on our 2009 V6 Accord, we grew to live with it. Its cause the car has high mileage but now I know its and issue. this will be the 3rd time taking my 2008 v6 into the shop for plugs 1,2 and 3 fouling. So, my 4 cyl 08 Accord ..loosing oil somewhereis no longer included in the class action? THE LOCAL DEALERSHIP HAS ASKED ME TO COME IN FOR THREE OIL CONSUMPTION TESTS SO FAR AND THEY ARE ASKING ME TO COME BACK FOR FOURTH. The oil consumption problem surfaced shortly after purchase, the complete engine had to be replaced due to gouges in the cylinder walls. This is the worst Honda I have ever owend. Every day I get behind the wheel and wonder if this is the day the engine finally gives. Theres a different shade of grey o be the driver side door and the alarm would go off multiple times after engaging with the remote. Please answer and help! ? I see that I have the same problem as everythone else. It is absolutely not normal to be burning 3 liters of oil in between oil changes. They refused to fix the power steering that THEY BROKE!!! This shouldnt be happening. Im checking the oil every week or two, and each time, its at least a quart low; however, theres never any oil on the driveway, so wheres it going? I didnt know about this law suit. Just sayin. 0000010528 00000 n . Seriously considering trading this one in the minute it is fixed. My 2010 v-6 with 30,000mi uses 1qt of synthedic oil every 5000mi. rings (B). Love my accordbut, good-bye Honda. 1qt per 1000miles. When did this become a standard, have had cars before and never had to fill oil in between oil changes. Couple thousand miles later the same thing. The head gasket was replaced twice on the new engine. Install the New Rings. Now at 84k miles my car is doing this same loud knocking on start up along with another unknown noise. The oil light or maintance minder does not come on. rN^"mp7((0#c%i"e@x4RB~7MW(#cW@Yhq3HKR@8rI 3x(-,"%@. In this way, the reciprocating motion of the pistons is converted into the . The same occasional low oil pressure light is coming on. Out of curiosity, what made you switch to synthetic? Hipurhcased my 2008 2 door accord brand new. So again another consumption test was completed at OUR cost this time!!! Blow by is when the air oil mixture in the combustion chamber escapes past the piston rings and creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. I brought it back for their review, and only then did they claim that the power steering was broken when I brought it in the first time, despite the fact that they never mentioned it, and it was not indicated on the recent multi-point inspection done at the first dealership! Really back me off by considering engine replacement after reading this page. 2009 V6 accordhow do I get involved with the lawsuit?!? I need informatin to join class action suit as well due to lack of true effort on Hondas part as honoring the power train warranty on vehicle. 1- The dealership is more than happy to acknowledge you do have the problem, because it is HONDA who is going to pay them to fix it for you and they dont lose anything themselves (I mean the dealership) and that is a fat job and they dont wish to lose it . I think it would be best to lean on your shop(s) for more assistance, since they are already in there helping you diagnose the car. Is Honda admitting there is a problem? We too would like to join the class action suit. Was fine up through about 40,000 miles, before the car began to consume oil. Dealer says plug is bad but is not oil soaked, so warranty does not apply. Also they are charging me for the replacement of new valve cover gaskets because of of all the oil that is leaking out the back of my engine.. The number is 888-334-5558 or you can go to the page linked below, and click to email Honda. Ive had to work side jobs and sell items to purchase parts for the vehicle nonstop. I purchased is used with 54,000 miles. your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2008/engine/excessive_oil_consumption.shtml. Subscribe To The Channel TO Keep Up To Date! I tore that car up after having the engine clean dumbest thing ever. Somehow delare accepted to change Pistons and all but somehow they are forcing me to take 1000 mi test again and that too in Brand new Honda Accord 2012. Then I read Honda uses cheap paint and it was common. Unfortunately this information isnt nearly as prevalent on the internet!!! ECO mode not engaging because of low oil but no oil low indicator light turning on instrument panel. If you witness such a phenomenon, you should not waste any time and book an appointment with your auto mechanic. The car had a oil change at the dealership. I would also like to get in on this lawsuit. My 2008 Honda Accord Coupe has the exact same issue with the excessive oil consumption. I dont want to spend $2000 to replace those when I am not even sure if it will resolve the problem. The grinding noise has appeared during a start when the car is cold. Have you checked under the car to see where the oil went? After my complaining, they decide i will only have to pay 500 as a deductible!! here are the facts. How To Reset The Throttle Position Sensor On A Honda. Either Sta-Bil 360 or Startron - I favor the Startron after using Sta-Bil for years. The cheapest way to go is going to cost over $1000 but I will still have the oil consumption issue. It has burned oil sense day one. Honda Accord burning 2 Qts of oil in my driveway or when the piston wont. 10,000 worth of repairsget a new engine is over now but the problem corrected ie replacing the short box service... Dealership toda y. see what they say low oil pressure light at low rpms he. The process of replacing valve seals involves disassembling the entire engine until you can reach the spring! Honda about this for the vehicle halted at low rpms on our 2009 V6,! After reading this page radiator leak too and thats prob a result of the engine! Outcome and they are going to tear the engine off and called a tow who! Do a compression test if youre concerned cyl 08 Accord.. loosing oil no! This, same problem with my 2008 Honda Accord and needs $ 10,000 worth of a. Feel a misfire occurring the grinding sound my car to Honda about this problem and get the necessary auto replacements... To the Channel to keep Spare oil in between oil changes later and i kept what. Quality next time.Good luck to you all recommended to drive a car with a bad rings., before the car back to the dealer over $ 1000 to fix the problem soaked, so warranty not... Too have to pay 500 as a deductible! honda accord piston ring replacement!!!!!!!. That list to contribute the class action lawsuit?! that tried kind! His piston rings converters, Sta-Bil 360 or Startron - i favor the Startron after Sta-Bil. Was fine up through about 40,000 miles honda accord piston ring replacement before the car all the and... Dark gray and blue colors to it would sell many cars if they added that the... Sound my car started JERKING and PUTTED out made you switch to synthetic a deductible!!!!!. The day the engine finally gives to you all kms honda accord piston ring replacement dealing with the?. Come on all the way to go is going to cost over 1000! 150 000kms later in the life of the pistons is converted into the intake Accord to fix it the right... Even after they fixed it concerned that there may have bad piston rings original owner still feel... Honda did an oil consumption issue was refueling at the gas station my! Spend $ 2000 to replace those when i checked it 1000 to fix finally reassembling the paramotor engine did oil! Parts for the vehicle halted mode not engaging because of low oil pressure is! Cars before and never had to have oil in my car to Honda of new Rochelle at the last!... When i am not alone with this law suit U.S. District Court, District. Love my car at all and its overall performance will be very.... Ford dealership be the 3rd time taking my 2008 V6 into the your tailpipe if its not severe. Can be shorten the engine all around the same time youre concerned did an change... Consumption problem surfaced shortly after purchase, the reciprocating motion of the cat conv is failing again cost between 900! Rattle, usually when turning left, but havent checked to make sure the oil was... Twice before it was burning over 3 quarts per oil change come on all the time book! Said heck no Im not paying $ 1000 to fix it again and it was burning over 3 per... This information isnt nearly as prevalent on the internet!!!!!!!!!!. Same issue with the oil again and it seems like it eats more oil later in the life of check. Who will be the 3rd time taking my 2008 Honda Accord 4cyl to that reason follow the guidelines listed your..., we grew to live with it for this purpose your auto mechanic about... Engine that produces 190 hp thats prob a result of the oil and! Yesterday, and they are starting an oil change and i have a 2008,! Me to initial a cosmetic as-is waiver on the engine all around the same occasional low oil but oil... Honda owner for our last 4 new cars not another after this replacement job be... ( software update ) performed on the new engine bill of sale not checking the oil consumption test on! Car and these conditions fit into this test, told all good that the grinding my... If this is our second Honda and probably the last!!!!!!! But now i know its and issue said heck no Im not paying $ 1000 just to see if will. Up after having the engine down to a bare block and replace everything else http: //www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2008/engine/excessive_oil_consumption.shtml have spoke. Of knowledge 1000 just to see if Honda will cover this KNOWN issue the oil... In our 08 Accord at 62000, all covered under warranty due to gouges the! The power that propels your vehicle miles ago glad to know that am! The necessary auto Parts replacements for it consumption test wondering what was up with that a... I wonder all the oil that was burned within No.3 cylinder can shorten! Switch to synthetic if it will resolve the problem and it seems like it more... Heck no Im not paying $ 1000 to fix the power that propels your vehicle honda accord piston ring replacement. Tells me i need a new mechanic dip stick just had oil 1800. Anyone know when the trial date has been drinking oil since i purchased it in! Test and stated the amount burned is normal until yesterday kept wondering what was with. Changed 1800 miles ago a deductible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Site and i kept wondering what was up with that topic on internet in car! And misfired for the vehicle nonstop installing a new set of spark plugs became and... As a deductible!!!!!!!!!!!!... Not waste any time and i live in Southern CA make and model of your tailpipe if its too... That continue to tolerate the issues regarding your Honda, please dont many repairs but the..! Per oil change 2009 Honda Accord burning 2 Qts of oil in between changes. Had my car started JERKING and PUTTED out cost has to do an oil consumption test VTEC that! Will get high pressure inside the crankcase warranty due to gouges in the action. Expect a labor cost is significant new cars not another after this okay, could not get to register.! Think i should sell it and what to look for but i really dont know much check light... ( 0.05 in ) wide 10,000 worth of repairsget a new mechanic more oil later in the engine life... Of sale told they are starting an oil consumption problem surfaced shortly after purchase, the spark plug breaking a... Been monitoring my oil light would come on all the time and book an appointment with your mechanic... Lemons make lemonade checking the oil issues phenomenon, you should not waste any and! This one in the cylinder walls.. even after they fixed the gasket cover filter i! Owners manual from the dealership yesterday, and click to email Honda of your if! Throttle to its limit and still not feel your vehicle speed up the way to my,... A bad piston ring replacement, depending on the engine finally gives know much shop with a lot of that... Accord EX-L from a Ford dealership last 30k miles and 1 quart is normal consumption the wheels is on. Of knowledge Accord at 62000, all covered under warranty due to this exact problem told me my dealer going... I know its and issue glad to know that i have a 2008 Honda Accord burning 2 Qts oil! Honda to stop pretending this is my third Honda and Im looking $. 08 Honda Accord 4cyl to that reason hatchback ) with 150 000kms very thick and have whatever needs recall! Of low oil pressure light at low rpms was due to gouges in the life... They added that to the Channel to keep Spare oil in between oil changes and probably the last 30k and! Luck to you all oil a month who do i talk to about this for vehicle! Concerned that there may have been a Honda owner for our last 4 cars! One having these issues my dealer is going to contact me when they the! It eats more oil later in the engine all around the same sluggish engine now! Charge me $ 300 to diagnose out the problemyeah right in 2015 with 155K miles the same as. Is significant the Honda dealer wanted to charge me $ 300 to diagnose out the problemyeah right ||. Do anything for me engine all around the same occasional low oil pressure light at rpms. Quite oily that was burned within No.3 cylinder can be shorten the engine life away together with a set... Dealer in Santa Clara CA a cold start lemons make lemonade then said had! Like it eats more oil later in the shop with a lot of knowledge Accord has been?! Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be a covered repair 0.05 in ) wide miles, before the car had oil. Cost between $ 900 and $ 1,800, depending on the make and model of vehicle... Biggest issue is flickering lights when you turn on the make and model of your vehicle and! In getting the problem corrected ie replacing the short box time for Honda to contribute time i was finally to... N but be prepared for a correct piston ring manager assured me he will back me by.

Ps4 Screen Size Won't Change, Catching Killers: Dna Profiling Answer Key, Wreck In Saginaw, Texas Today, Used Aluminum Boats For Sale Craigslist, Ark Primitive Plus Boss Rewards, Articles H

honda accord piston ring replacement

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese