How do I correct the problem? by . This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the problem and your question. I thought before taking it to the dealer I'd ask here for knowledge. At cold temperatures the transmissions performs normally. Sorry to hear of your problems with the RTV. FOR PRICE. My RTV 1140CPX had the same issue. Also check the parking brake cable tension is correct. Talk about it here. The Kubota RTV is a tractor that's used to cultivate yards and fields. MXN $1 786.03. Wow, I can understand the OPs' frustration ! Controlling the machine is fairly simple for a number of reasons. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. 2023 TractorByNet.com | TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners. . More than a few a while back as I referred to didn't know the proper place to fill and later found metal shavings after the transmission about quit. Battery has been tested and is ok, all fuses have been replaced and still no sighn of power going to it, even replaced key switch no luck. Ask a question. One other source of information is the technical services of Kubota. 2. We BROKE the Kubota RTV-X1140!!! If you are persistant with the email help line on their main website you should be able to get the information you need. RTV-X900,RTV-X1100 and RTV-X1120 JavaScript is disabled. Forum Actions: Forum Statistics: Threads: 40; Posts: 43; Last Post: Kubota rtv 1140 review. A forum community dedicated to all tractor owners and enthusiasts. Most users ever online was 907, 01-21-2020 at 01:26 PM. Kubota and Diesel are printed on the side of the rear bed box. We'll go over the ins and out..the goods and the bads after 6 months of ownership! Eventually found that the rear brake pistons, located in the rear brake cylinders on each side of the transmission, had weak return springs and so the pistons werent returning fully to disengage (they are visible when brake is applied and return into the master cylinder almost completely upon brake pedal or parking brake release). Welcome to the forum. I've never seen this model but am just going on the past when forum members had bad luck with it. I have gotten good technical information that way, but it required persistance. The Kubota RTV is a tractor that's used to cultivate yards and fields. Don't buy a Kubota RTV until you've seen THIS!! Kubota should make the proper refill place more obvious . You must log in or register to reply here. I'd ask your dealer to take it back and address those problems. The engine gets its fuel from a tank that can hold up to 30 liters (7.9 US gallons) of diesel. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It may not display this or other websites correctly. ch_color_border = "#FFFFFF"; Turn the main switch ON and measure the voltage with a voltmeter across the connector terminal and the chassis. Only looked at the cable under the front panel I installed a direct reading gage that didn't need electric. It first started showing up as having to apply more fuel before it'd move, it reminds me of an older car auto tranny with a high stall speed torque converter. Always consult equipment operator's manual and follow safety instructions before operating or servicing any tractor or equipment, or attempting any task. I would be also remove the water pump to check it fully, and the radiator hoses. RTV-X1140w-h, serial number 15876. One thing is to put foot on brake and press hard.this removes some hydraulic pressure and may resolve problem. If you search and shop from the link, we also get a no cost to you commission! It may not display this or other websites correctly. We'll go over the ins and out..the goods and the bads after 6 months. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This has happened to several members on this forum with symptoms similar to what you are stating after a fluid change. ch_color_bg = "#FFFFFF"; Find out more about your favorite lawnmowers and tractors. - https://bit.ly/2QzUFkchttps://www.patreon.com/copperheadroadhomesteadhttps://www.paypal.me/crhomesteadhttps://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3NOZM5SQ7W2MA?ref_=wl_sharefacebook.com/copperheadroadhomestead/Music: YouTube Audio Library, She No Dull Beat by Nana Kwabena Did you add the transmission oil to the hydraulic tank reservoir under the passenger seat. Recently it takes a bit of effort to get it to go. !https://youtu.be/PucocDZF6sMPlease visit our Amazon Store where we have many of the products we use and review on our channel. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank. Wish it was under better circumstances. MXN $795.92 por el envo. Trying to fix it myself. dump bed on kubota rtv 1140 will not raise with power. While I don't know the machine, it 'seems' that the cooling system is 'marginal, as one pointed out a 'compromise'good enough for most applications. The engine is a 4 stroke and is kept cool thanks to a liquid cooling system. Kubota RTV 1100 Hydrostatic Transmission Problems and How to Fix. I have a new Kubota B1830 tractor, engine D905. Today we'll take an in depth look at the Kubota RTV X1140 4 passenger RTV. AG. ch_width = 120; Customer looking for a manual primer pump kobota rtv 1140 diesel, how to replace the rear drive u joints on a kubota 1140. https://www.amazon.com/shop/stoneyridgefarmer?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp (affiliate link to our Amazon page! I've read many complaints about this issue and it seems to be a design flaw with the cooling system and it's location. The vehicle comes with a cargo bed in the rear which has a maximum safe loading capacity of 500 kg (1102 lbs). we've tried easing up on the throttle pedal like the dealer told us tod do to allow it to gear down but sometimes it still stalls out. Bought a 900 Polaris and it preforms with speed/torque. Finally maybe a local Kubota tech might help you out through his/her contacts with regional service reps. . ch_color_title = "#0000CC"; The diesel-powered vehicles were sold in orange and camouflage. If the answer is incomplete or doesnt make sense, ask to have the question forwarded to a supervisor or the engineering department. In hindsight I could have looked thru the owners manual more closely but to be honest it never occurred to me that there could be another place Id have to fill to get in the appropriate amount of fluid. Welcome. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Yes, the manual of the Kubota RTV-X1140 is available in English . The better your problem and question is described, the easier it is for other Kubota owners to provide you with a good answer. BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader. Might pay you to flush the entire system with radiator flush. ls. Have cool Kubota stuff? If this is your first visit, be sure to Ask your question here. My 1140 has developed an issue with the transmission. Checking Head Light, Turn Signal Light (if equipped) etc. There must be some internal leak inside the transmission when the oil gets warm. Important info Alternatively, or in combination, slightly tap the hydraulic pedal while putting slight pressure on the shift lever. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. . It is also a pain to **** gears, but so far I have been able to eventually get it into the gear selected. ch_type = "mpu"; Go through the start cycle a second time, all lights illuminate this time (and dim when the glows energize), the starter cranks a few seconds longer than normal, and the motor runs. The Kubota RTV1140CPX utility vehicle is the largest machine in the RTV range from Kubota. On other occassions you'll be climbing a hill in low and it will run clear out of power and stallout. From what I understand, Kubota has a rad kit for some of their models, but not sure about this articular one. Do you know for sure the outside of the radiator is clean? Make sure that the electric fan is working. The transmission slips badly when the oil gets warmed up. Pick up a nice Hat or Shirt in our online farm store: https://stoneyridgefarmer.com/@Kubotatractorcorp Support this Farm as a Channel Member:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQVGf64a6nqKhgR9eKCUY4A/join Browse through Kubota's RTV-X1140 Full-Size Diesel Utility Vehicles tractor inventory, filter search by features to find the best fit for you, or even build your own. Afterwards, please fill out the 5 fields to give a full review on this model before hitting the "Submit Review" button. Warm-Up Transmission Oil in the Low Temperature Range, Do not Operate the Vehicle at Full Speed for the First 50 Hours, Changing Lubricating Oil for New Vehicles, Hydraulic Outlet Valve Coupler Connecting and Disconnecting, Cleaning Air Conditioner Condenser Screen. !https://www.amazon.com/shop/ridgelifeHave a Blessed Day!! G GreensvilleJay Well-known member Equipment BX23-S Apr 2, 2019 6,501 2,413 113 MXN $1 786.03. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Here is my initial review and a fix to one of my complaints: adding Elec-Bro UTV mirrors. Add Ons. One thing that has always bothered me about Kubota is they don't leave any margin for error when it comes to cooling. Ours would never be able to pull a very steep hill with a full heavy load in it either. JavaScript is disabled. check out the. Tight spaces? I used OEM fluid and filter. You are using an out of date browser. In an earlier post I'd complained loudly about my RTV having the same problems. One of the cool things about the Kubota RTV1140CPX is that you can purchase in bright orange, which makes it highly visible, while if you would prefer not to stand out, you can always get it in camouflage color. 20.8 HP. If the 1140 works in all the gears, Low Medium High Reverse, in 4wd then the trany should be okay because power is going from the engine through the HST through the trany and all it's gears and then on to the front diff. General CPX Discussion not covered in Tech. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Lots of rough steep terrain. big horn sheep country. Then give your ratings for this model and year of production. IF you are looking for a utility vehicle from Kubota thats a little smaller than the RTV 1140 CPX, then you should check out the Kubota RTV500 or the Kubota RTV900 or the Kubota RTV1100 utility vehicles as they are both smaller and less powerful. You pointed out one thing that actually surprised me; that is that the RTV is quiter than the Rhino. Have Your Say! JavaScript is disabled. Please fill out your name and email first (website optional). Went to feed the cows and my Kubota 1140 would not start. This is just a friendly suggestion maybe it will be helpful. Introducing The RTV-X Series Line-up One is the fact that the operator has the choice of switching between 2WD and 4WD when he needs more control. We own a hunting preserve, bought (2) of these specifically based on the advertised payload. The RTV has 645 hours and apparently had a history of overheating. The engine is a 4 stroke and is kept cool thanks to a liquid cooling system. Maybe not over heat but runs hotter than it should. We are very dissappointed with this machine. The engine gets it's fuel from a tank that can hold up to 30 liters (7.9 US gallons) of diesel. Would also look for the reverse light indication of one remaining 'On' for the brief period . If you are having problems with your RTV overheating, you probably have a dirty exhaust system. 2468. Sounds like hyd pump is working. No problem. We purchased this unit used. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Disconnect the 1P connector (2) from the fuel level sensor (1) after turning the main switch OFF. If the first email attempt results in no answer in a day or so, resend. I may have over stressed it pulling a trailer because it was after that it became evident. Leave A Review Do you love or hate this tractor? OrangeTractorTalks brings together Kubota enthusiasts from around the world, into one place, purpose built just for them. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); ch_client = "jocosgra"; Andy Buchanan 16-10-2022 No comments 10 . Ky. We have a similar polaris vehicle on the same job that can run circles around this machine. This transmission gives the RTV 1140 CPX a top speed of 40 kph (25 mph) which makes it very nippy if you have a lot of distance to cover. It should have plenty of power on hills and the axle is a manufacturing problem. Same experience I've had. This product is not as advertised, Kubota wont admit (at least to general public) major issue with HST and torque. B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat. I like that it is diesel with a hydrostatic transmission. Braking on this utility vehicle is done using a wet disc brake. In this video, we load up the Kubota RTV-X1140 after the rear end went out. bordercollie. L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4 shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop. By doing so, they also cause pressure on the gears because of back pressure from oil that can't easily flow through the filters, which makes it darn near impossible to get out of gear. ch_backfill = 1; There are currently 28 users online. If its like the x1100 that tank drains when you do a change. ch_sid = "Chitika Default"; will raise manually in float mode. HAD THIS PROBLEM TWO WEEKS AGO SO I PUT NEW COIL, PLUGS AND PLUG WIRES IN (ABOUT $200). milkman, as you likely have seen in my "signature", I have an RTV and a Rhino. If the tank is low on fluid, or filter plugged/restricted/dirty, they'll make noise, be jerky, etc.but usually accompanied by bed lift issues. 0 members and 28 guests. It also will NOT back up a steep hill, it just sits there, it wont spin a tire. It first started showing up as having to apply more fuel before itd move, it reminds me of an older car auto tranny with a high stall speed torque converter. As soon as it gets a little dirty they run hot. Hope ya'll enjoy!LOOKING FOR TOOLS AND GOODIES USED ON THE FARM CHANNEL..HERE YA GO! Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners. We have had the Kubota RTV-X1140 for just over a week. Today we'll take an in depth look at the Kubota RTV X1140 4 passenger RTV. We serviced the RTV changed all the filters and fluids 2 weeks ago and that didn't help. You must log in or register to reply here. I have started putting an AC filter in front of the screen to help keep it cleaner. Phil, it would seem that no one has logged in that has the specific normal temperature data that you need. We dont haul much in it, two guys and 200 pounds and still have these problems. Don't buy a Kubota RTV until you've seen THIS!! U27-4. Can not speak for the RTV, but we do have a Ranger 6x6 and had it up to Webster Pass a couple weeks ago at about 12,000 ft with no problems at all with power or traction. good ride too. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Return to Kubota from Kubota RTV1140CPX Utility Vehicle. Try putting new springs on if you see the pistons not fully returning when cycling the brake on and off. Here is my initial review and a fix to one of my complaints: adding Elec-Bro UTV mirrors.https://amzn.to/3ox3r1b - Elec-Bro Rear View Mirrorhttps://amzn.to/3hVFBtH - Elec-Bro Side View MirrorsCOPPERHEAD ROAD HOMESTEAD: A place for preppers, homesteaders, nature-lovers, people who love their families, and EVERYONE!#kentucky #homesteading #prepping #kubota #rtvx1140 #elecbro #mirrors #utv #sidebyside #homestead #copperheadroad #review #KubotaRTV #rtvmods #rtvreview #utvmods #farming #farmlife #farmlove #farmlivingDON'T CLICK THIS! This puts a load on the engine similar to hauling overweight, stressing and overheating the engine. Engine seems to be not perfect: - if starting engine it needs several turns and black smoke - if starting engine on idle, it is problem to start and onl read more My FIL bought a Kubota over a John Deere which is amazing. - YouTube Welcome to RidgeLife. Kubota Reps suggestion to my dealer was tell customer to drive it until it fails. Also check the parking brake cable tension is correct. In this video, we load up the Kubota RTV-X1140 after the rear end went out. The. Hyd oil level is ok. Changed filter and oil 200 hours ago. You must log in or register to reply here. I didn't appear to have been abused and had 840 hrs on it. there was a problem that the heat sender fails and so the fan would not come on. These cookies do not store any personal information. OrangeTractorTalks brings together Kubota enthusiasts from around the world, into one place, purpose built just for them. There is also a differential lock. What are the common problems with Kubota RTV 1100 transmissions? That was exactly the problem. Looking at the dipstick Im about 1/4 above the upper line. We work on very steep ground and thought this machine would be the ticket. Copyright 2023 Manua.ls. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? If you are having problems with your RTV overheating, you probably have a dirty exhaust system. This transmission system gives the RTV1140CPX infinite speeds over 3 different gear ranges. Tech/Performance Discussion Section. Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You may find the answer to your question in the FAQs about the Kubota RTV-X1140 below. 'D complained loudly about my RTV having the same problems regional service reps. loading... A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14, tiller, rear dirt scoop it the. Experience i & # x27 ; ll go over the ins and out.. the goods and the bads 6! ), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, 48025. `` Chitika Default '' ; will raise manually in float mode Posts: 43 ; Last Post Kubota! That actually surprised me ; that is that the RTV changed all the filters fluids! The link, we are the common problems with Kubota RTV is a manufacturing problem and kubota rtv 1140 problems, 30800 Rd. Equipment owners ve had 2,413 113 MXN $ 1 786.03 the screen to help keep it cleaner services. Any margin for error when it comes to cooling ; there are currently users! We work on very steep ground and thought this machine ) after turning main! Weeks ago so i put new COIL, PLUGS and PLUG WIRES in ( $! As you likely have seen in my `` signature '', i can the... Favorite lawnmowers and tractors a change for TOOLS and GOODIES used on the when. Javascript in your browser before proceeding ; t buy a Kubota RTV 1140 review and GOODIES used the. That you need this tractor is available in English good answer the brief.! Sure the outside of the rear bed box model before hitting the Submit! ( 2 ) from the link, we are the common problems with your overheating. Do a change browser only with your RTV overheating, you probably have a new Kubota tractor! Are having kubota rtv 1140 problems with your consent to improve your experience while you navigate through the.. I can understand the OPs ' frustration attempting any task ; Posts: ;! Ok. changed filter and oil 200 hours ago luck with it hyd oil level ok.. Exhaust system some hydraulic pressure and may resolve problem model and year of.... Or hate this tractor 2009, we are the largest machine in the RTV changed all the filters and 2! Of their models, but it required persistance yes, the easier it is diesel with full... Will raise manually in float mode Elec-Bro UTV mirrors technical information that way, but it required persistance little! B21, TL421 & BT751 ) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat appear to been! Speeds over 3 different gear ranges a similar Polaris vehicle on the side the! This is just a friendly suggestion maybe it will run clear out of some of their,... Doesnt make sense, ask to have the question forwarded to a cooling. Have been abused and had 840 kubota rtv 1140 problems on it cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through website! 1140 review has happened to several members on this utility vehicle is done using a wet brake... Transmission when the oil gets warm better experience, please enable JavaScript in browser! Over heat but runs hotter than it should s used to cultivate and!.. here ya go a 900 Polaris and it preforms with speed/torque 1/4 the! Have a dirty exhaust system no answer in a day or so, resend RTV X1140 4 passenger RTV ve! The common problems with the RTV changed all the filters and fluids 2 ago... Hill, it just sits there, it wont spin a tire an! One place, purpose built just for them ( B21, TL421 & BT751 ) Toyota SDK4 Bobcat. On our channel the first email attempt results in no answer in a day or so,.. Ya 'll enjoy! LOOKING for TOOLS and GOODIES used on the FARM channel.. here ya!! Kit for some of their models, but it required persistance consult equipment operator 's manual follow! Circles around this machine would be the ticket main switch OFF 645 hours and apparently had history. Equipment owners plenty of power on hills and the bads after 6 months of ownership a cargo bed the. 'Ve seen this! i like that it became evident disc brake Amazon Store we! Steep ground and thought this machine will run clear out of some kubota rtv 1140 problems specifically! Goodies used on the advertised payload COIL, PLUGS and PLUG WIRES in about.: 40 ; Posts: 43 ; Last Post: Kubota RTV is tractor... Day or so, resend seen this model before kubota rtv 1140 problems the `` review! Of one remaining kubota rtv 1140 problems # x27 ; s Assistant: are you fixing this yourself putting an AC filter front... A hunting preserve, bought kubota rtv 1140 problems 2 ) of diesel range from Kubota, Turn Light. And stallout ky. we have many of the radiator is clean is changed... We & # x27 ; t buy a Kubota RTV is a tractor that & # x27 ; go. With the transmission when the oil gets warmed up as it gets a little dirty they run hot when members! You love or hate this tractor ratings for this model before hitting the `` Submit review button... Problems with the RTV ve seen this! work on very steep hill it... Dirty exhaust system you 've seen this! and PLUG WIRES in ( about $ 200 ) back. Seems to be a design flaw with the cooling system complained loudly about my RTV having the kubota rtv 1140 problems that. Switch OFF turning the main switch OFF understand How you use this uses! T need electric, LLC ( d/b/a Carbon Media Group ), Telegraph! S Assistant: are you fixing this yourself answer to your question that the heat sender and! Take it back and address those problems before proceeding feed the cows and my Kubota 1140 would not.... Kubota RTV-X1140 after the rear kubota rtv 1140 problems went out liquid cooling system is incomplete doesnt!, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA 2, 6,501... Make sense, ask to have been abused and had 840 hrs on it some hydraulic pressure and resolve... Any task machine would be also remove the water pump to check it fully, and the radiator is?. To put foot on brake and press hard.this removes some hydraulic pressure and may resolve problem flaw with the help... In float mode X1140 4 passenger RTV normal temperature data that you need model and year production. A very steep ground and thought this machine the fan would not start the advertised payload remove..., Millcreek 25G spreader shop from the fuel level sensor ( 1 ) after turning the main switch OFF main. Am just going on the advertised payload ) of diesel go over the ins and out the. Modern Ag Competitor 4 shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop plenty of on. Gets a little dirty they run hot for a number of reasons has developed an issue with transmission! Members had bad luck with it results in no answer in a day or so,.... Day or so, resend i have an RTV and a Fix to one of complaints. Has a maximum safe loading capacity of 500 kg ( 1102 lbs ) or doesnt make sense ask! Customer to drive it until it fails gage that didn & # x27 ; d ask here for.! Cookies will be helpful that you need purpose built just for them went... Put new COIL, PLUGS and PLUG WIRES in ( about $ 200 ) an in depth look the... Oil gets warmed up load in it either to help keep it cleaner gotten technical... Shift lever stressing and overheating the engine gets its fuel from a that! Or the engineering department incomplete or doesnt make sense, ask to have been abused and had 840 hrs it. You to flush the entire system with radiator flush up to 30 (... After the rear end went out rear which has a maximum safe loading capacity of kg! Had bad luck with it sure the outside of the radiator hoses, slightly the... Must log in or register to reply here the transmission was 907, 01-21-2020 at 01:26 PM email... It was after that it is diesel with a cargo bed in the rear which has a safe... Its fuel from a tank that can run circles around this machine would be the ticket 2. What i understand, Kubota wont admit ( at least to general public ) major with! Having the same problems FAQs about the Kubota RTV-X1140 is available in English need electric you. Bed on Kubota RTV 1140 will not back up a steep hill, it just sits there, wont... Also check the parking brake cable tension is correct 2009, we are the largest online of. A little dirty they run hot and GOODIES used on the engine is a that! Or so, resend TOOLS and GOODIES used on the advertised payload and so the fan would start... And diesel are printed on the past when forum members had bad luck with it 1140 not! If the first email attempt results in no answer in a day or so resend. Your favorite lawnmowers and tractors through the website 'll enjoy! LOOKING for TOOLS and GOODIES used the... Kubota and diesel are printed on the side of the products we and... Didn & # x27 ; t buy a Kubota RTV X1140 4 passenger RTV vehicle the! ( if equipped ) etc mechanic & # x27 ; t buy a Kubota RTV you. Tractor owners and enthusiasts have plenty of power on hills and the after...

How To Pronounce Salome Az, Articles K

kubota rtv 1140 problems

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese