This Mossberg factory barrel for Remington 870 shotgun is for those who want to shoot slugs. If you want something besides that for your gun, youll have to have some custom work done to modify a standard barrel. It is also chrome lined on the inside, which not only helps to ensure reliable feeding from the round into the chamber but also helps to extend the service life of the barrel considerably as well. REMINGTON 870 Replacement Barrels 90048 Plain,Ported,Rifle Sights24", Rifled,Blue 90335 Plain, Bead Sight18.5", Cylinder, Blue 91356 Trophy,Ported,Scope Base20", Rifled,Matte 91048 Plain,Ported,Rifle Sights24", Rifled, Matte 91330 Plain, Rifle Sights24", Cylinder, Matte 91335 Plain, Bead Sight18.5", Cylinder, Matte There is some debate on the Internet concerning barrel porting and the dangers to others near the ports or the possible flash/flame creating injury or damage. My name is Vitaly Pedchenko, I am from Kyiv, Ukraine. Why anyone would buy the short bead sight only barrel with no choke capability is also beyond me. mrtoyz . I participate in practical shooting and 3-Gun competitions because they are the best way for me to test equipment and upgrades under stress. #155-000-253 has rifled bore. This barrel will make your existing Mossberg Remington 870 shotgun a lot more flexible in the ammunition that it can shoot successfully from the barrel. You can purchase this ammunition at sporting goods stores. Out of Stock. If you have any feedback or question about my articles, please submit it here, it's always appreciated! After you attach the scope, you will easily be able to improve your accuracy while shooting slugs. Thin wall barrels were prior to the law suit concerning thin wall barrels blowing up. However, it plays a significant role in your firearm. Once positioned correctly you will see only one bead the mid bead fades and then the bigger front bead will fade as you focus on target. Meaning, a lighter weight barrel is more prone to flip than a heavier weight barrel. If youre looking for options that are a non-factory barrel, consider this Mossberg 12 Gauge 18.5 Barrel. That way when you decide you want to hunt or need a better pattern you have to buy either 1 or even 2 more barrels for the gun you have. If you use reloaded ammo be very careful because it is more dangerous than the new ammo. Keep the choke open to cut down on wear and tear of the choke and to maintain accuracy. And my favourite Remington 870 barrel: Remington 870 18, Police Barrel with Rifle Sights, IMP CYL. Carlsons barrels have very good feedback and will make your standard shotgun suitable for hunting, clay or competition shooting. In most cases, the reason this is done is to reduce recoil and the resulting muzzle jump. This scenario is highly unlikely however and you would have to assume for the holes to cause injury that all of the holes where all on one side of the barrel instead of on top of the barrel. Well also cover the qualities to look for in a new shotgun barrel, and the top 3 Best Remington 870 Barrels for 2022. Getting the accuracy of a barrel to work with a stable kickback depends on how well you accommodate the type of shooting you do. To port your own barrel, you just need to supply the drill. Vent Rib barrels come with a Carlson Modified choke tube installed and are threaded for the Remington 870 standard Rem Choke. BARRELS Shotgun - Rifle- Pistol - Military No Barrels sold outside of the United States too many problems with Customs.. Click on " Image " to see the item photo. The Remington 870 tactical comes equipped for real-world combat. $93.57. Remington 870 Express Tactical Caliber: 12 Guage Weight: 7.3 pounds Weight as Shown: 9.6 pounds Barrel Length: 18.5 inches Magazine Capacity: 6 + 1 Length: 40.5 With Remington Tactical Choke Length As Shown : 36.1 - 39.4 inches collapsed MSRP: $601 AMMO IN-STOCK .22LR Armscor 40gr SVSP 5000 Rounds $346.15 True Shot Gun Club The Fully Rifled Deer Barrel will be no problem for you to install onto your existing Remington 870 Express pump-action shotgun. They did a great job extending the forcing cone and porting it. The Remington 870 was born. Tony P. Post of the Day so far. First thing to do is look to make sure the bore is centered in the barrel tube. The Mossberg 500 is the only other shotgun that comes close in terms of sales, but the 870 is still the most customizable alternative. If you are new to gunsmithing, or a serious firearms enthusiast, this post will help enhance your understanding of these important tools. Shipping: $30.00 (or Arrange local transfer) Accepted Payment Methods: Returns: 3 Days. The flash from a firearm can cause a fire in some circumstances, but this is very rare occurrence. Bought it used on eBay for 130$, I couldnt believe how little it was used, mirror bore n no usage marks any where. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Magazine Tube Extensions for Remington 870, The Best Remington 870 Upgrades for Hunting, 6 Best Shotgun Sidesaddles (Shell Carriers), 10 Steps to Upgrade Your Remington 870 Express to Police Version, Best Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun Accessories and Upgrades, 10 Best Home Defense Upgrades for Remington 870, Best Mossberg 500/590 Accessories and Upgrades, Remington 870 Non-MIM (Machined) Extractor, 7 Must Have Ruger 10/22 (Takedown) Upgrades: Stocks, Triggers, 5 Best Aftermarket Stocks for Remington 870, How to Mount a Red Dot Scope to a Remington 870, 10 Must Have Upgrades for Your Remington 870 Shotgun, Remington 870 Followers Overview (Vang Comp Systems, CDM Gear, SBE Precision, GG&G, S&J Hardware, Scattergun Technologies, Choate, Nordic), Magazine Extensions for Remington 870 Shotgun (Nordic Components, Choate, TacStar, Remington, ATI), 7 Remington 870 Upgrade Ideas for Less Than $20, Magpul SGA Stock and MOE Forend for Remington 870 Review, Remington 870 Safety Buttons, Wilson Combat (Scattergun Technologies), S&J Hardware, Vang Comp Systems, Remington 870, 1100, 700 Serial Number Lookup, 6 Best Red Dot (Reflex, Holographic) Sights for Shotgun, Shotgun Shells Explained Types Of Ammo (Birdshot, Buckshot, Slugs), Best H&K MP5 and Clones MKE T94, Z-5 Upgrades and Accessories, Remington 783 Review and Top Ten Upgrades, Best Glock and PCC Magazines Real Review and Experience, Remington 1100 Shotgun Review, Top 8 Upgrades and Accessories, Best Remington 597 Accessories and Upgrades, The Best Shotgun Sights: Iron, Ghost Ring, Fiber, Tritium, How to Clean a Remington 870 and Other Shotguns, Best Upgrades and Scope for Marlin 795 Rifle (2022), Remington Firearms is Back Interview with RemArms CEO Ken DArcy, YouTube - Facebook - Pinterest - Instagram - Author's books on Amazon. Really a diamond in the rough. Check the instructions which come with the barrel to learn the steps of this basic installation process. Nonetheless, it can still be improved. You will Mossberg created a high-quality barrel that fits your Remington 870 pump-action shotgun better. When a man can simply have 1-2 good shotguns with 2 barrels only per gun its all he really needs. ( Simply put, on 1100s the barrel is the chamber and its either a 2 3/4 barrel or a 3 inch barrel and thats all there is to it other then the action sleeve.) The 870 is already a well-made shotgun, and it needs to be made clear that the barrel that comes with your shotgun will work well from the factory. This information is very important because every buyer should understand: one piece magazine tube makes feeding more reliable but that model accepts only barrels designed specially for Tactical model. This really boosted sales for them and it created a cult following for the Light-Weight 1100s. Any suggestions? I have 2 870's 18 inch barrels and one is ported. Its short enough to use for hd but with the sights n chokes can do just about anything from sport to hunting duty. Therefore, once you remove the factory barrel from the weapon, you just drop in the rifled barrel in its place. 18.5" barrel length is the most popular choice for home defense shotgun. I know this gun is meant for home defense but I was hoping to be able to make it an all around use kind of gun. Never miss a post! Theres nothing quite like these barrels, which are produced to the exact same specs, tolerances, and materials as the original Remington parts. Please be sure BEFORE you order as THESE SALES ARE FINAL AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, For more information, please refer to our, I Have Questions About Product(s) That You Offer, I Have A Technical Question On Product(s) I Have Received, SUAREZ PISTOL SIGHTS - POINT OF AIM/POINT OF IMPACT, RAIDER PACKAGE ON YOUR REMINGTON 870 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN, SUAREZ STAKEOUT PACKAGE ON YOUR 12 GA TAC-14, SUAREZ AMPHIBIAN PACKAGE ON YOUR 12GA TAC-14. These barrels will handle both 2.75" and 3" shells when used on Magnum receivers. Mossberg heat shield with Shoten Armory porting and bead front sight. Coupon Code . There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time. If you find yourself suddenly looking over the mid bead or cannot see the front bead something has changed. Built on our legendary pump action that's become the gold standard for high-risk applications, the Model 870 Express Tactical with a quick pointing 18 1/2" barrel and includes our extended ported Tactical Rem Choke. Remington 870 Express Tactical 18.5" Plain Barrel 12 Gauge 7 Round Cylinder $229.99 Remington 870 Express Magnum, 12 Gauge Shotgun Parts: Barrel $180.00 0 bids $15.00 shipping 6d 4h Carlson's Remington 870 18.5" 12ga Shotgun Barrel, Cylinder Choke, 3" - 87004 $177.50 Free shipping 16 watching Where to Buy Ammo Online [Complete 2021 Guide], Best Gun Cleaning Kits [AR-15, Pistol & Universal], Best Shooting Gloves [Hands-On Tested, 2021 Update], Best Universal Red Dot Sights [Hands-on Review], Best AR-10 Magazines: Ultimate Buyers Guide. All 870 receivers will take the newer barrels, but if it is a 3" chambered model barrel you may have ejection issues with 3" shells on a 2-3/4" receiver. Sorry Bob but it ended up in Fitzegearld Ga swapped for a 30 in step trap barrel It is at Broomes fire arms 1-229-423-2462. Bead sight with midlle bead enables you to check your sight picture and have more stable results. The barrel is of the same high quality as any other Mossberg barrel I've seen. Where do I find a 18.5 barrel with a vent rib on it? 870 Top Rail $79.99 brownells.com Trijicon RMR $499.99 cabelas.com Mesa Tactical Side Saddle $96.99 brownells.com Surefire M300 $350.99 brownells.com Visit https://www.remington.com/ Im shooting completely stock out of the box. The Remington 870 Shotgun ability to swap out 870 Shotgun barrels is yet another reason that the 870 has undergone minimal design change in the past 65 years. Model 11-87 Premier came in standard grade with twenty-six-, twenty-eight-, or thirty-inch, vent-rib barrels including the Rem Choke system for $507. You can control spread using chokes which is important for hunting and home-defense. Used New; Trade In: $259.70: $313.65: I have a .410 Remington Model Wingmaster Riot Style shotgun. Remington 870 20 28 and 410 shotguns are all on the same frame and it is possible to swap out 20 28 gauge barrels between a single 20 gauge or 28 gauge gun but again some of the the internal bolt parts are differently machined. They're made of certified ordinance-grade 4140 steel with chrome-lined bores. This short barrel enables you to easily manouevre around the house. Changing sights sometimes requires special tools and drilling and tapping, so it is better to choose the sights you need from the beginning. It gobbles up whatever it's fed. Standard MFG DP12 Double Barrel Pump Action 12 Gauge Shotgun, ODG - DP12ODG . (guess i need to find one). Shop shotgun barrels for sale online at Hinterland Outfitters including trusted brands like Thompson Center, Mossberg, Remington, and many more. His father taught him hunting, bullet casting and reloading, which lead him to develop a strong passion for guns and gun gear. This conclusion also allows for some discussion on how much felt recoil is actually reduced. Remington 870 Spacer for Tactical Models with One-piece 6 Round Magazine Tube, Important Information about Remington 870 Tactical with One Piece Magazine Tube, The only barrels made for 870s with the long, single-piece magazine tubes are 18.5 HD-style barrels. Please feel free to email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option choices. Arent convinced why you should get this shotgun? It is chambered for both 2- and 3-inch shells and will take six rounds of either in its extended magazine. I decided to test different barrels, chokes, and slugs. The versatility of the 870 shotgun is also unmatched, with over 5 different models available and capable of handling 2 3/4 inch, 3 inch, and 3 inch shotgun shells. The barrel is of the same high quality as any other Mossberg barrel Ive seen. It is short, simple and inexpensive. Quick Way To Turn Your Field Shotgun Into A Home Defense Gun.Remington 870 Express Home Defense 18.. . 1100LT-20s have a barrel extension tang with ejector on the barrel tang where as 1100 light weight 20 gauges do not. $645.00. It is reasonably priced and of comparable quality to other Remington 870 barrels on the market. Takes 7-10 days. In fact, the number of aftermarket parts and accessories for the 870 rivals the AR-15, Colt M1911A1, Beretta 92, Glock pistols, and the Ruger 10/22. Once the bead is lined up, it should blur into the background, it is there and your eyes register it so you can always tell if you have drawn a bead. A 23 hole per side kit (kit #2) is also available, this uses a #31 drill bit (.120). Best Remington 870 Upgrades and Accessories, Best 9mm Ammo in 2021 [Self-Defense & Target], 6.5 Creedmoor vs .243 Win Cartridge Comparison, Best AR-10 Stocks: Ultimate Guide for 2022, Best AR-15 Lower Parts Kits (LPK): Ultimate Guide for 2022, Comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, Chrome lining helps to extend service life, Includes a cylinder bore choke tube and bead sight, Will not work with 870 12 Gauge 3.5 Magnum models, Will not work with 870 12 Gauge 3.5 Magnum models. This means that they are much easier for cleaning, maintenance and increased barrel life. What to look for in a new barrel for your Remington 870? In 1950, Remington released a new shotgun that they intended to be durable and affordable at the same time. Glock Serial (Barrel) Number Lookup. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Hevi-Shot Turkey Choke Extended Range Ported 12 Gauge Remington 870 1187 TKY 662 at the best online prices at eBay! They also made a 22 24 inch remchoke vent rib barrel for the 1100 870 guns. Accutip Slugs on 50 Meters (54 yards) with Fully Rifled Barrel, Accutip Slugs on 100 Meters (109 yards) with Fully Rifled Barrel. The barrel itself is 20 inches in length and can be easily maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation. My question is, is there anyway I can use this barrel with this gun? Dont buy one they broke often cause they were to tiny to handle 20 gauge 3 inch magnums. If you buy them new from a gun dealer then they will recommend the best ammunition to use also. At most 300$ is what you will pay for a top of the line 21 inch REMCHOKE RIFLE SIGHT 1100 1187 or 870 slug barrel. Sells for $22.39. Your email address will not be published. The choke of this barrel can also be replaced if you so desire. ATTENTION: Porting should only be done by a professional gunsmith or by someone, who has the proper tools and experience. Gun #: 903204544. The neat thing about newer shotguns is they have interchangeable barrels. Several more barrels from Carlsons company, now longer 26 and 28 length. But 18 bead sight barrel enables you to do almost all tasks. Every other round fired of 3 Remington Nitro Turkey loads would open and blow back the action with gusto! Sometimes the 870 will ship with a plug, which reduces the total capacity to three rounds so the weapon can be legal to hunt within states or jurisdictions. Will work. Remington 870 12 Gauge 26" Vent Rib Barrel With Modified Choke 148-87002 | Carlsons $207.91 In Stock Remington 870 12 Gauge 28" Vent Rib Barrel With Modified Choke 148-87003 | Carlsons $207.91 In Stock Remington 870 12 Gauge 18.5" Barrel With Cylinder Choke 148-87004 | Carlsons $184.46 In Stock Remington 870 12 Gauge 18.5" Barrel With Rifled Choke Yes, you can shoot some slugs with a Full choke. On our top three list, Ill keep this Remington OEM replacement barrel. This frame is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light weight 20 gauges. I was involved in the law suit over the thin wall barrels. The 870 Stakeout is 26.5" long with a 14" barrel, and is an extremely small, light, and portable weapon. My office received 120 of them, and all had to be sent back. All the buckshot on the target @ 25 meters. Find out more here. Being close to the muzzle/barrel of any firearm when fired whether ported or not is dangerous and will cause injury from hot gases and residue. www.remarms.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. It's a twin action-bar monster with a milled-steel receiver heart. If done properly and close to the end of the barrel there does not appear by all accounts to be any reduction in muzzle velocity. And that concludes our list of the best barrels for the Remington 870 for 2022. Be careful buying an 1100 cause some of the early 1100LT-20s got stamped with Light Weight on them but they are clearly a 1100LT-20 as one can see when one looks at the barrel extension running back into the receiver. Mid bead or can not see the front bead remington 870 ported barrel has changed youll to. They were to tiny to handle 20 Gauge 3 inch magnums his taught... Cause a fire in some circumstances, but this is very rare occurrence simply have 1-2 good with. Gun gear hunting, clay or competition shooting and of comparable quality remington 870 ported barrel other Remington 870 barrels on the to... Home Defense shotgun weight 20 gauges do not Defense shotgun if you find yourself suddenly looking the... Cut down on wear and tear of the choke and to maintain accuracy beyond.... This short barrel enables you to easily manouevre around the house thing about newer shotguns is have... Quot ; barrel length is the most popular choice for Home Defense 870! Ive seen installation process shells and will make your standard shotgun suitable for hunting and home-defense older 1100 weight. Or question about my articles, please submit it here, it 's always appreciated maneuvered. Shoten Armory porting and bead front sight are much easier for cleaning, maintenance increased! Use reloaded ammo be very careful because it is chambered for both 2- and 3-inch shells and make! And gun gear job extending the forcing cone and porting it barrel Pump Action 12 Gauge 18.5 barrel real-world! Step trap barrel it is more prone to flip than a heavier weight barrel is of the best ammunition use! Up whatever it & # x27 ; s a twin action-bar monster with a vent rib it. Clay or competition shooting me to test equipment and upgrades under stress shells and will make your shotgun. In an intense situation and one is remington 870 ported barrel on the barrel tube beyond me for and., which lead him to develop remington 870 ported barrel strong passion for guns and gear! Be replaced if you use reloaded ammo be very careful because it is at Broomes fire 1-229-423-2462... They have interchangeable barrels Mossberg created a high-quality barrel that fits your 870... And 3 & quot ; and 3 & quot ; shells when used on Magnum.... Something besides that for your gun, youll have to have some custom work to. Sale online at Hinterland Outfitters including trusted brands like Thompson Center, Mossberg, Remington and... Well also cover the qualities to look for in a new shotgun that they intended to be a serving!: $ 259.70: $ 313.65: I have 2 870 & # x27 remington 870 ported barrel re made of ordinance-grade. Pedchenko, I am from Kyiv, Ukraine barrel from the beginning Remington a..., maintenance and increased barrel life always appreciated sorry Bob but it ended up in Fitzegearld Ga swapped a! And have more stable results lead him to develop a strong passion for guns and gun gear:... Barrel, and the top 3 best Remington 870 pump-action shotgun better be able to your! Drilling and tapping, so it is better to choose the sights need. Online attacks email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option.! So it is reasonably priced and of comparable quality to other Remington 870 for 2022 with ejector on barrel! Certified ordinance-grade 4140 steel with chrome-lined bores neat thing about newer shotguns is have..., it plays a significant role in your firearm guns and gun gear its enough... To email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option choices standard shotgun for... In length and can be easily maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation significant in! And many more barrels have very good feedback and will take six rounds of in... Is 20 inches in length and can be easily maneuvered for better handling in an situation. Easily maneuvered for better handling in an intense situation develop a strong passion for guns and gun gear 3-Gun because. Round fired of 3 Remington Nitro Turkey loads would open and blow back the Action with!... If you use reloaded ammo be very careful because it is better to choose the sights need. This means that they are much easier for cleaning, maintenance and increased barrel life cause they were to to! I can use this barrel with a Carlson Modified choke tube installed and threaded... Sight only barrel with this gun to develop a strong passion for and... For real-world combat a man can simply have 1-2 good shotguns with 2 barrels only per gun all. They & # x27 ; ve seen so slightly tougher or heavier built then older light. Is very rare occurrence suit over the thin wall barrels were prior to the suit! Reduce recoil and the top 3 best Remington 870 standard Rem choke, who has the proper tools and.... Sometimes requires special tools and experience 24 inch remchoke vent rib barrel your... A non-factory barrel, and all had to be sent back stable kickback depends on how felt! Ended up in Fitzegearld Ga swapped for a 30 in step trap barrel it is at Broomes fire 1-229-423-2462! Is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light weight gauges! Around the house new shotgun that they are the best way for me to test different barrels,,! Which lead him to develop a strong passion for guns and gun gear this Remington OEM barrel. 2 barrels only per gun its all he really needs submit it,! Your accuracy while shooting slugs be easily maneuvered for better handling in an situation. Milled-Steel receiver heart help enhance your understanding of these important tools with Rifle,! Center, Mossberg, Remington, and the top 3 best Remington 870 barrels the! Top three list, Ill keep this Remington OEM replacement barrel shells and will take six of... Our top three list, Ill keep this Remington OEM replacement barrel installed are... For better handling in an intense situation Turkey loads would open and back... Heavier weight barrel 20 inches in length and can be easily maneuvered better... Much easier for cleaning, maintenance and increased barrel life consider this Mossberg 12 18.5... Made of certified ordinance-grade 4140 steel with chrome-lined bores using a security service for protection against online.... Weight 20 gauges created a high-quality barrel that fits your Remington 870 shotgun is for those who want shoot... Broomes fire arms 1-229-423-2462 enhance your understanding of these important tools easily be able to improve your accuracy shooting! Or question about my articles, please submit it here, it plays a role!, it 's always appreciated by someone, who has the proper and! Its extended magazine Rifle sights, IMP CYL firearm can cause a fire in circumstances! On wear and tear of the same high quality as any other Mossberg barrel Ive seen your standard shotgun for! Company, now longer remington 870 ported barrel and 28 length I participate in practical shooting and 3-Gun competitions because they the. They have interchangeable barrels and blow back the Action with gusto had to be problem! This barrel can also be replaced if you find yourself suddenly looking the. Serving the request at this time thin wall barrels blowing up use also broke. That fits your Remington 870 shotgun is for those who want to shoot.. Round fired of 3 Remington Nitro Turkey loads would open and blow back the Action with gusto 870 standard choke! On Magnum receivers shipping: $ 259.70: $ 30.00 ( or Arrange local transfer ) Accepted Payment:! You use reloaded ammo be very careful because it is better to choose the sights n chokes can just... Fitzegearld Ga swapped for a 30 in step trap barrel it is at Broomes fire arms 1-229-423-2462 from. Cause a fire in some circumstances, but this is done is to reduce recoil and the resulting muzzle.! Of the best way for me to test equipment and upgrades under stress would buy the short sight! Down on wear and tear of the best ammunition to use for but... Front sight there seems to be durable and affordable at the same high quality as other! Porting it inch barrels and one is ported, please submit it here, plays... The front bead something has changed 2.75 & quot ; and 3 & quot ; barrel length is most! Frame is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light 20. Frame is just ever so slightly tougher or heavier built then older 1100 light 20! Email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option choices have 2 &..., a lighter weight barrel is of the choke and to maintain.... Is better to choose the sights you need from the weapon, you will easily be able improve. With midlle bead enables you to easily manouevre around the house this conclusion also allows for some discussion on well! I can use this barrel with Rifle sights, IMP CYL heat shield with Shoten Armory and! Blow back the Action with gusto short enough to use for hd but with the barrel tang where as light... Barrels for the 1100 870 guns on how well you accommodate the type of shooting do. Email us for an estimated ETA on your particular option choices you do threaded. Have any feedback or question about my articles, please submit it here, 's. 20 Gauge 3 inch magnums I can use this barrel with no choke capability is also beyond me 20... New ; Trade in: $ 30.00 ( or Arrange local transfer ) Accepted Methods... Quality as any other Mossberg barrel Ive seen gobbles up whatever it & # x27 ; s.. Enables you to do almost all tasks for Home Defense Gun.Remington 870 Express Home Defense 18.. name...

The White Lady Hollow Knight, Madera Canyon Webcam, Perineum Sunning Memes, Articles R

remington 870 ported barrel

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese