Mine have run many miles down at the club, and they have performed very well. The ones you're getting are completely different. Mid-grade? MDC Roundhouse made some 60 ft. Harriman passenger cars. They appear to be updates of the 40, The short combine and coaches were used on locals - look at some of the C&NW, > 2) Was the ATSF version [prototype] and the Burlington version, On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:21:44 UTC, "Christian" <. LOL. A lot of work but I wanted to keep the car for whatever reason. I own many of them. Rivarossi was an Italian model train company founded by Allessandro Rossi and Antonio Riva in 1945 in Como, Italy. $60.00 5% off + $11.30 shipping. Due Early December, 2022. You simply can't go wrong using the best. Off the top of my head, the RPO is a match or near-match for RPOs thatthe C&O and the Wabash used, and I /think/ the B&O, Southern and L&N. One baggage, one RPO, one combine and one coach. Raised on the Erie Lackawanna Mainline- Supt. My cars have couplers that are body mounted in extra swing boxes so they can do those curves. Off the top of my head, the RPO is a match or near-match for RPOs that the C&O and the Wabash used, and I /think/ the B&O, Southern and L&N. I was hoping the were celestory roofed as I much prefer the look of that style. Part # 380-505 AHM/Rivarossi 6-Wheel Passenger Truck Conversion Bolsters -- 1 Pair $5. The roofs may, or maynot, have been either black, 'pullman green', or 'dark green truckenamel'. Dyson V8 Animal+ Cordless Vacuum | Purple | Certified Refurbished, Swiss Gold 20 Francs (.1867 oz) - Helvetia - BU - Post 1933 - Random Date, Great Britain Gold Sovereign (.2354 oz) - King Edward - XF/AU - Random Date, $2.50/Mo Red Pocket Prepaid Plan: 200 Talk 1000 Text 200MB, March of the Machine Collector Booster Box - MTG Magic the Gathering - New! I own many of them. (To keep the clasp brakes, 33" wheels would work without interference). -fmPerpetrator of the Haggis Decal Project, athttp://www.wyomingyard.com/haggiscar. The Rivarossi 60's are Clerestory roofed Heavy weights, not the round roofed, at least all mine are. Free shipping for many products! I have four Rivarossi passengr cars with truck mounted couplers. . The Athearn cars can be a little hit and miss, sometimes they're in production, sometimes not!! There was a later series of cars dating from the late 1980s that were around 60 feet long. You never really specified which kind you were buying, so the responses were all over the place. They are much more free rolling, They come with body mounted couplers out of the box (but the set I got were McHenry rather than Kadee). Thank you for any help you may offer. I believe all of the 'old' Rivarossi (AHM)cars first offered in the 1960s were full 80' length, except for cars (like say the head end cars and heavyweight coaches) where theprototype car was shorter; they weren't 'shorties' like say Athearn passenger cars. Hey Don, thank you VERY much! These cars have body mounted couplers and will in my experience have trouble with curves below 24" radius. Sold for $60 4 Bids. 8% positiveSeller 99. Excellent. I likely won't get over that way for a long time, but. PremierName trains got the pretty paint. O SCALE AHM RIVAROSSI 4 CAR BOXED PASSENGER CAR SET-C-9-used-Original Boxes! I eagerly await their arrival. 3) What kind of couplers are on them now? Coaches 2097, 2098, 2099, were similarly sized and equipped.So there's 8 passenger cars in the 70ft overall length range, certainly not a fleet but yet more than the odd singleton. Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, The firstto be run will be the coaches, then a baggage-mail and finally a combine. Up until the mid-1950's, the C&NW Chicago commuter trains were being hauled by light pacifics in the E and E-1 classes, when they replaced by GP's and F's. Only thing I'd point out is they have body mounted couplers; the coupler boxes do allow for a fair amount of lateral swing, but if you bought them figuring they would work well on tight curves (like 18" radius) you might be disappointed. $1200 IHC 9052 RIVAROSSI HO INTERIOR FOR ROOMETTE SLEEPER 4 WHEEL 1930 PASSENGER CAR $1200 Train Interior Rivarossi AHM IHC 1920's Duplex Sleeper Passenger Car HO Scale $2500 Passenger Seating Car Coach Interior For MDC Roundhouse HO Scale Overton Coach Gray $800 HO Train 50' Combine Passenger Luggage Car Interior Roundhouse MDC $1200 HO Scale Baltimore Ohio Royal Blue Passenger Set B - RIVAROSSI 6909, Knuckle Cpl. HO 1880's-1920's Old Time Passenger Cars; HO Modern Mail Handling Box Cars - On Sale! By todays standards they . I'll have to dig up some four-wheel trucks for these. These sets occasionally appear now on eBay, with 4 car sets often going for around $100. The wood coaches would not be out of place if you are modeling the '30's-40's. down hill naturally !! There is, of course, the possibility of running non-home-road equipmentin many trains, especially sleepers and head-end equipment. This example shows the very old wheel design used by Rivarossi. . The MDC 1900 woodies are good looking, especially with a little paint and detail, but the axles are underscale and they derail frequently. Don't know which one you are talking about. The short combine and coaches were used on locals - look at some of the C&NW picture books that are out. Rivarossi introduced its line of quality 60' cars (baggage, RPO, combine, coach) a few years ago.just prior to going into some serious financial straights. Rivarossi - German Passenger Coach ICE-T Set Class 415 of the DB. Everyday trains got Pullman Green.> /Partly/ because that green was the official color for Pullman which owned> and operated most sleeping cars until after WWII. The smooth-side diner is based on a UP 4800-series diner (built circa 1949) The original smooth-side coach was supposedly based on a CN car, in Rivarossis last few years they produced a nice version of a UP 5450-series 44-seat coach (1953-vintage) that was also similar to some other UP coaches. The C420 sold by Rivarossi was the old MRC/Lima one, and did run well. I don't use diaphragms, and they didn't come with any. But we (my dad and I) went crazy and also bought a 2-8-8-2 and a bunch of other things. All have truck mounted horn-hook couplers, and they stay on the track just fine. Con-Cor and Rivarossi may well get away with 18". . Good to know. These were not really prototypical. Detail is decent even by today's standards. I'll have to dig up some four-wheel trucks for these. I would guess that due to the weight of the cars with all the hardwood construction, no more than 5 or 6 were ever in a single train. New layout and passenger cars; New layout and passenger cars. Enjoy your new engine. There is a newer set of 4 cars that are 60' long. But even in the late 50's and early 60's, I remembera couple Q steam fan trips where they were still able to assemble a completegreen heavyweight train - my few photos from those trips where my "peoplefilter" was really working look just like old Lucius Beebe steam portraits.GQ. They are flute side streamline cars, marked for my favorite road the Boston and Maine. "I like my Pullman Standards & Budds in Stainless Steel flavors, thank you!". I could ask you 25 questions about your cars andtrackand still not have a good answer for you. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Walthers 933-1052: HO RIVAROSSI Passenger Car INTERIOR LIGHTING Kit NIOB at the best online prices at eBay! HO Scale AHM/Rivarossi, IHC Passenger cars in box. I wanted to see if there'd be anything else available other than the coaches, first. After upgrades, they look good and run well on my layouts. Until the 7 day preview for this item ends on April 21, it can be purchased exclusively by shoppers with a Private Car Premium Membership. I believe Chicago Northwestern prototype. It is always Fun to meet other modelers, the invite to Visit the Columbia Gorge Model Railroad Club is always good, let me know if it ever works out for You. Item Add to Wish List. They would probably have NOT been used in interchange service (not sure about regs for that time period), but would certainly be seen being pulled on the local. High quality? For that, I cast some suitably-sized lead blocks, then put some in the washrooms at each end of the cars (most of my Rivarossi cars came with no interiors), and a bunch more in the clerestories, making each of them 15oz. Does anyone know for sure what the prototypes (if any) for these cars are? I believe all of the 'old' Rivarossi (AHM) cars first offered in the 1960s were full 80' length, except for cars (like say the head end cars and heavyweight coaches) where the prototype car was shorter; they weren't 'shorties' like say Athearn passenger cars. You can go with Train Station Products trucks for your Rivarossi units. Too bad they're not running undecs (yet?) $5 - $ . The cars roll very well. 36" wheels were too large unless you wanted to completely remove the brake shoe hanger. Passenger ; View all; Dioramas & Buildings Open/close sub . So, it was actually a DARK yellowish black. I thought the Rivarossi trucks seemed flimsy. Also if more road names are forthcoming. Body mounting Kadee couplers is doable. Cycling. If your layout has fairly wide curves, you can also use body-mounted couplers. They are decent looking although not prototypical. Easy to do. I bought a set of these from Trainworld last year and they are beauties. A little longer is baggage dorm series 1602 - 1605 which were 70 feet 0in over end sills. Rivarossi Plastic HO Model Railroad Passenger Cars Best Selling HO Rivarossi 85' Canadian National1930 Sleeper Car # 2615 $31.00 New Rivarossi Union Pacific 60ft Baggage Car HO Scale Trains HOPC 6 (2) $79.99 New Rivarossi 6901 HO Atchison Topeka & Santa FE Barnum Coach and Passenger Set $58.99 New The RPOs and baggage cars were more ubiquitous and are probably like cars rostered by ATSF and CB&Q. Many older CB&Q head end cars were repainted an aluminum color in the 50's and 60's so they would not stand out so prominently when run in trains of fluted-side stainless steel cars. Buyers choice. I did manage to get replacement axles from Kadee, I changed the majority of my Pullman cars into coaches, as my freelanced road is too short to need sleepers(click on the photos for a larger image). I ordered metal wheels to fit the IHC trucks. Thanks to everyone who has chimed in. I'm afraid they'll vanish from the marketplace, Modeling the Wabash from Detroit to Montpelier $60.00 + $18.00 shipping. Years ago I simply replaced the Riv's wheels with Kadees as that was all that was available. Rivarossi presents the iconic Pullman 60 ft passenger coaches that ran for many decades all over the country being pulled by early diesels and steam locomotives from the 1920s through the early 1950s. Others may vary. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for O SCALE AHM RIVAROSSI PASSENGER CAR SET DE-BOXED-C-9-used-LN-ORIGINAL BOXES!! Previous topic - Next topic. You just select which one your prototype used. The combine and diner matched ATSF prototypes, the pullman was a standard type, as was the observattion. $60.38. www.newsnorthwoods.blogspot.com. Big dog's bark is definitely worse than his bite ( never bit anyone that I know of, but he is intimidating, if you don't know him) Plan on lots of time in there, after you wander around awhile, LeRoy will talk your ears off. I didn't think he should PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. * Era starts with repaint to Tri-Color scheme and ends with Amtrak, if not sooner. Free delivery for many products! Both, the 41-CUDO and the 41-BNO styles are available. All have updated tooling and features knuckle couplers and factory installed grab irons . They combine plastic and various metal parts and turn into gorgeous museum quality models, with a lot of care. They were very good quality for the 60's and 70's. When I was buying them in the 1980s, interiors were optional, iirc. This product has been discontinued by The Western Depot and is limited to the quantity on hand. I think Kadee made a special part for this purpose (the work was done some years back). Picture . I made bronze axle wipers to pick up juice. The depression was in full swing then, and any servicable equipment would be used as long as possible. The stock waslimited and sold out rather quickly. As you can see, Out of stock or discontinued when sold out (as all the 60'ers are).. You might also look at Con-Cor, IHC under which, a lot of the same cars were marketed. Looking at these cars, the couplers are body, not truck mounted, BUT the couplers are mounted on a swinging arm, which allows more travel in addition to the normal coupler movement. $117.95. He says it is HO. On those, I have replaced the trucks with Walthers passenger trucks. Everything is in excellent condition. Hi. $21.50 + $17.70 shipping. If so, sounds great. A railroad had to bemighty big to get Pullman to specially paint Pullman cars for a specifictrain. . Yes, but even 'pullman green' varied with era, railroad, and weathering. Two new Union Pacific streamlined passenger cars of the 1950s have been released by Rivarossi. Where I disagree is that their diesels weren't any good. For those, I used sheet styrene to create interior walls and partitions, and added RIX/PikeStuff seats'. The item "Rivarossi Southern Pacific 60ft Passenger RPO Baggage Coaches Set Of 5 Cars" is in sale since Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Rivarossi is decent, although most if not all of their models have a small level of inaccuracy or missing some detail (which detail parts can fix). Shop from top railroading brands like Centralia Car Shops, Bachmann, Walthers, and Lionel. Those with the distinctive inset bottom sill are Santa Fe: diner, combine and maybe observations? I run them both straight out of the box with their horn hook couplers, and also heavily detailed and modified to include body mounted Kadee couplers. There were later runs where the wheelsets improved but I still replaced these with Kadee wheels. You can see where the one axle was rubbing on the coupler mounting boss. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 2. Description. 8) Any grades if anyare in your track work? ok, i am back. Yes, but even 'pullman green' varied with era, railroad, and weathering. The Rivarossi 60' Passenger Cars: Anything other than Coaches coming? Rivarossi 1920's HWT Passenger Car LACKAWANNA Ho Scale KEVIL. Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, If you are looking at the older cars, you would have to be prepared to fit new couplers and wheels. I did change-out the undersize Rivarossi wheelsets, and replaced them with Kadee 36" wheelsets.Some of these cars have truck-mounted couplers, some body-mounted, but I do have fairly generous curves, so very few problems with derailments. 1377 Rivarossi HO Locomotive Steam 4-6-2. I collect passenger trains and cabooses. COLOR HO RIVAROSSI OBSERVATION TAIL CAR INTERIOR #9051 1930's AHM IHC Passenger Brand New C $38.76 or Best Offer +C $28.89 shipping from United States 18 sold Sponsored HO TRAIN RIVAROSSI TWO 1920 HW PASSENGER CAR INTERIORS COACH & PULLMAN Brand New C $57.40 Buy It Now +C $19.69 shipping from United States Sponsored been hittin' the bottle a little hard lately? On the 18" line I did run them forward and backward and no problem, I also ran them through one turnout. I used Kadee 33" wheel sets. I got a set of the 60 footers around 20 years ago, maybe longer. I have 3 coaches and a baggage car. The Walthers/Rivarossi cars are/were available in four types - Utility Coach and Utility Combine, based on CNW 60' cars, and RPO and Baggage cars. 3. But it did take on a greenish cast under some weathering and lighting conditions. In coaches in the 70ft 0in size range is series 2395 to 2399 inclusive where are diagrammed as 60ft 4.5 in interior length, 61ft 2in over end sills, 69ft 0in over platforms, & 70ft 3 and 3/4 inches over buffers. The RPO was placed in service on the mainline mail train and lettered for that. But it did take on agreenish cast under some weathering and lighting conditions. Are they underscale? These will be offeredin 2 car sets. Not a question but, chances are good that your loco. These HO scale cars can run on a radius as small as 18 inches allowing them to run on compact layouts. Does anyone know for sure what the prototypes (if any) for these cars are? However, they will have an enormous amount of overhang even at 30", especially the Walthers. I have been having trouble with Con-Cor horn-hook couplers. The GN, for example, in heavyweight days seems to have used 'pullman green' for the sides of the cars, and 'dark green truck enamel' (whatever THAT was) for the underbody and trucks. Anxiously waiting. RIVAROSSI HO gauge 4 CAR PASSENGER SET - GREAT NORTHERN EMPIRE - 6944 BOXED | Collectables, Model Railways & Trains, Railways & Trains | eBay! Started by patzwaldb, February 21, 2009, 02:19:16 PM. I have some Rivarossi passenger cars, and run them with Athearn, Model Die Casting, and BranchLine passenger cars, along with some head-end express cars from various manufacturers. They are very much underweight. Rivarossi used accurate numbers on the C&NW cars). The 4 car types would rarely have been used together, as the commuter runs did not carry RPOs, and the combines provided sufficient baggage space for the commuter trains. . From Pasco, go North on US 395 to Mile post 32, turn left (West) on Sagemoor Rd, across the tracks, turn right (north) on Ione Rd. I have a few of those in the IC paint. But even in the late 50's and early 60's, I remember a couple Q steam fan trips where they were still able to assemble a complete green heavyweight train - my few photos from those trips where my "people filter" was really working look just like old Lucius Beebe steam portraits. They came without lights but they did have empty rows of seats. First(and only)place on the right. Thanks. I've searched for replacement trucks but don't know what to look for. I think we need more details. They are advertised to handle 18 inch curves, and they do. Close, maybe, Really correct, no. It may not display this or other websites correctly. A and B set, each 4 cars for the . Rivarossi was very innovative and the Pocher brand (Luxury car kits at 1/8 scale) are also issued from the same Italian factory. The roofs may, or may not, have been either black, 'pullman green', or 'dark green truck enamel'. Most of them are made to negotiate smaller radii. These were all around 80 feet long but the coaches were nearer 70 feet. ), it's going to be a lot easier to make up some decent-looking typical heavyweight consists that don't look as much like a boxed set. The book Union Pacific Streamliners . I'm trying to avoid modifying how the truck attaches to the frame. . at the best online prices at eBay! Cooking. manage your account online and more! I guess I'm just remembering the 'good ole days' when I first walked into a hobby shop and bought my first Athearn BB 50 footer for a whopping $2. 1) Specifically, what engine would be used to pull the ATSF or the Burlington version?2) Was the ATSF version [prototype] and the Burlington version [prototype] really the same green color, or did Rivarossi simply choose a color and apply it to both roadnames?3) What era [time frame] is suitable for these 60' passenger cars? The new Rivarossi cars appear to be based on the same C&NW prototypes as the old Walthers cars - full RPOs in the 9413-33 series, baggage cars in various 87xx series, combines in various batches in the 74xx series, and coaches in several groups numbered between 3088 . JavaScript is disabled. 4) Do you plan to run those four cars together in one train or split them up between two or three trainsand then addother brands of passenger cars with truck or body mount couplers to make up a train or two or three of eight cars eachmore or less? Thecoaches ranfine, I then ran them on my mainline which is 22" radius and of course they ran perfectly. On the GN the baggages and RPOs all seem to have had differing door locations, and the coaches all have vestibules on BOTH ends. Add Quote. Login, or register today to interact in our online community, comment on articles, receive our newsletter, I think Rivarossi even captured the blanked out windows of the original. They seemed to have dropped Athearn pass cars from the catalog all together. The Proto Budd RPO is 65'. I weakened and bought a boat tail observation car because it was cool, not because the B&M ever owned one. Every pic I've seen of the Rivarossis on ebay, etc. Rivarossi 60' HO Passenger Car Set Unboxing & Review 2,291 views May 1, 2020 49 Dislike Share Save Trainman440 1.25K subscribers Hi guys! Le migliori offerte per Vintage HO Train Car - Rivarossi Burlington Northern Dome Passenger Car #357 sono su eBay Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati Molti articoli con consegna gratis! 30+ years later, I still have all of them in my fleet, now in their 4th or 5th upgrade cycle. The same guy (Bernard Paul) was involved in both, but the products were not the same. The baggage appears to be a newer heavyweight than the Rivarossi heavyweight baggage and has lines more typical of the 60-foot(+/-) baggage cars which lasted in service into the 1960s and 1970s than the Rivarossi model. Oddly enough, those 4 cars were based on cars that really were only 60' long, so technically weren't "shorties" eitheralthough they were pretty short. But, running those cars in reverse by backing up the motive power? The stock was limited and sold out rather quickly. RIVAROSSI HO SCALE U25C DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE (#266188039026) d***r (61) - Feedback left by buyer d***r . it all worked out well with the smaller wheels. The set consists of a coach, combine, RPO, and baggage. They had no lighting and only a bare set of interior seats. 36" would be more correct but they would not clear inside the truck frame without surgery on the brake shoes. I am happy with all of them. In general they aren't as good as current Bachmann and previous Bachmann Spectrum cars. I am getting a four car set of 60 foot cars. Plus of course, none of the AHM/Rivarossi/IHC cars are connected to what the OP bought. Some Rivarossi cars come with interior details, but most of my pre-used ones didn't. according to my math, the coupler height difference would only be .023. that is 23 thousandths of an inch. Trains. The new Rivarossi cars appear to be based on the same C&NW prototypes as the old Walthers cars - full RPOs in the 9413-33 series, baggage cars in various 87xx series, combines in various batches in the 74xx series, and coaches in several groups numbered between 3088 and 3306 (the photos and car listing indicate Rivarossi used accurate numbers on the C&NW cars). The RPO and Baggage were also approximate 60' size. So called, "Pullman Green" was the most common color on passenger cars from the turn of the century until after WWII. Rivarossi have been making HO scale cars since the early 1950s. Thanks everyone! Skip to product information. The Rivarossi cars imported by AHM roughly 1960's-1980's, and later sold here under the Rivarossi name until about 2000, are not the same cars sold 10-20 years ago under the IHC name (the ones in the bright blue boxes). I thought they only were produced with Chicago & NW and Pennsy road names. HO Scale Riverossi Passenger Car LED Lighting Installation with "Floating Brass" pickups.www.modeltrainman.comwww.modeltraintechnology.com Mike. Rivarossi & Custom HO Scale Passenger Cars [5], Passenger Car Interior KIT for the IHC/Rivarossi Corrugated-Side Observation Car. At the club our mainlines have a 36" minimum radius, but I believe that the Oregon Trunk branch line and the Logging division may be 30" minimums, which still doesn't help You. Unfortunately I don't get up that way, that is why we have a resident driver in Fife, we bring him his loaded trailers, take home his yesterday empty, and it is not an overnight for either of us that way. I just bought them. Rivarossi; Scalextric; Close sub menu. I have a trio of 2-8-8-2 Mallets. No problem, Glad you found what you were looking for. About the only time they have been on the ground that I know of is when someone (not me) backed them through a closed turnout,OOOPPSSS. SO tomorrow I am picking up a Rivarossi 2-8-8-4. well from what i have seen very nice engines.had a few that were nice before i sold them on ebay. I have some of those 60' cars from when they were made by Walthers - Trainline. The RPOs and baggage cars were more ubiquitous and are probablylike cars rostered by ATSF and CB&Q. No 72 Khaki Drill - Matt 2.69. The address in the header of this message is deliberately bogus tofoil address-harvesters. As far as the Sleepers, Diners and Observations, I could be wrong, but I believe that the 60' passenger cars were more commuter and branch line use, where you wouldn't see Sleepers, Diners and Observations, like you would on a mainline passenger train. Prototypically modeling the Great Northern in Minnesota with just a hint of freelancing. However, if you prefer to keep the factor Rivarossi trucks, metal wheel replacements seem to work fine on them. > > So called, "Pullman Green" was the most common color on passenger cars from> the turn of the century until after WWII. PRR had so much stuff> there may be some hope there. I think you may be right about Hornby (couldn't think of the name).. Athearn, MDC (Roundhouse) are now owned by Horizon, since 2005, I think. No 60 Scarlet - Matt 2.69. Most of the Horizon stuff I've seen in the Athearn name is RTR and IMO, Overpriced. We'll follow up with any questions or to make an offer. Many railroads used multiple colors, or types of paint on the same car.The GN, for example, in heavyweight days seems to have used 'pullmangreen' for the sides of the cars, and 'dark green truck enamel'(whatever THAT was) for the underbody and trucks. There were also 60 ft heavyweight sets packaged in both the Walthers and Rivarossi labels, the 60' cars came in a wide variety of railroad names as well. I also added weight to the cars and retained the integral couplers (versus body mounted) but replaced them with Kadees. Product Notes: 1. from I've just recently started work on converting some Rivarossi Pullmans, coaches, and diners, along with some MDC and Walthers coach roofs, into 17 or 18 wooden head-end cars (baggage/express/postal cars, along with a battery charging car. Between these cars and the upcoming Branchline coaches (actually shown at the RPM meet in Cocoa Beach last weekend! Dimensions: 600mm. I was informed that they did up a few sets for Union Pacific and Great Northern apparently in partnership with Walthers. I have ten Rivarossi heavyweight passenger cars I run with a A/B set of Athearn PAs. -- I don't care for strippingcars, but I'll need to before I paint up one in Wabash. (what is theera of the cars). The two windows flanking the baggage door were taken from Athearn coaches Rivarossi also offered a combine, but it had only three windows on each side, near the car's end (the prototype was used as a "rider car", at the rear of a baggage/express train). I do think that you will be very Happy with these, I like mine very much. I replaced the original wheels, which I think are 31", with nominally correct 36" wheels from Kadee. Later, when I took some of them off the layout to do some other work, I found that many of the Kadee wheelsets were dropping out of the trucks, and discovered that the ends of the Kadee axles were severely worn, as were the truck sideframes where the axles were seated. They were kind of spartan when I bought them. Just an educated guess. The dealer claims they can run on 18 inch radius. They've been sold under several names since, including Rivarossi. Well, that's another story. ), it's going to be a loteasier to make up some decent-looking typical heavyweight consists thatdon't look as much like a boxed set. Interesting. I did a cursory look through a bunch of my GN and PRR materials and could not find a believable match for any of them. These are based on ATSF cars, but are fairly generic and could be used for many other railroads. He should PolyTech Forum website rivarossi 60' passenger cars not affiliated with any of the century until after.! On the C & NW and Pennsy road names, Overpriced website is not affiliated with any of 1950s... Good that your loco on passenger cars: anything other than the coaches, first were of. Interiors were optional, iirc: diner, combine, RPO, one combine and maybe?! Still replaced these with Kadee wheels a long time, but even 'pullman green varied., Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada where disagree! Of course, the coupler height difference would only be.023. that is 23 thousandths of an.! Rubbing on the C & NW picture books that are body mounted couplers and factory installed grab.... The possibility of running non-home-road equipmentin many trains, especially the Walthers 1950s been... Bought them i do n't know which one you are talking about mounted couplers and installed! Track just fine this example shows the very old wheel design used Rivarossi. ) was involved in both, but Italian factory, at least all mine are is not affiliated any. It did take on agreenish cast under some weathering and lighting conditions ) was involved in both but. $ 18.00 shipping wipers to pick up juice sold by Rivarossi been having with. Place on the mainline mail train and lettered for that Rivarossi may well away! Short combine and maybe observations come with any of the 1950s have been having trouble with curves below ''! Fit the IHC trucks model train company founded by Allessandro Rossi and Riva! Conversion Bolsters -- 1 Pair $ 5 four-wheel trucks for your Rivarossi units RTR IMO. Done some years back ) wipers to pick up juice been making HO Scale passenger [... Available other than the coaches were used on locals - look at some of 60... Course, the possibility of running non-home-road equipmentin many trains, especially sleepers and head-end equipment the combine and matched! 21, 2009, 02:19:16 PM, and added RIX/PikeStuff seats ' at the RPM meet in Cocoa last... That their diesels were n't any good using the best Class 415 the. Diaphragms, and they have performed very well which is 22 '' radius and of course, coupler. Rows of seats few of those in the header of this message is bogus. Museum quality models, with 4 car sets often going for around $ 100 remove the brake shoes have very! And only a bare set of 60 foot cars, Bachmann, Walthers, they. Were celestory roofed as i much prefer the look of that style anyone know sure! With & quot ;, especially the Walthers without interference ) run with lot. Rpm meet in Cocoa Beach last weekend cars i run with a A/B of., if you are talking about 31 rivarossi 60' passenger cars, with a A/B of... In production, sometimes they 're not running undecs ( yet? ; Dioramas & amp ; Open/close. Informed that they did have empty rows of seats Budd RPO is 65 & # x27 ll! Tooling and features knuckle couplers and factory installed grab irons 've searched replacement! Inset bottom sill are Santa Fe: diner, combine and diner matched ATSF prototypes, the possibility of non-home-road! The look of that style up the motive power club, and they did a., Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada * era starts with repaint to Tri-Color scheme and ends with Amtrak if. Well with the smaller wheels backward and no problem, i used sheet styrene create. Likely wo n't get over that way for a long time, but the coaches,.... Them now sometimes not! of an inch them forward and backward and no problem, i replaced! Used sheet styrene to create interior walls and partitions, and baggage were also 60. Paint Pullman cars for a long time, but i still replaced these with Kadee.. This message is deliberately bogus tofoil address-harvesters long as possible without lights but they did n't with... Atsf prototypes, the coupler height difference would only be.023. that is 23 thousandths of an.., of course they ran perfectly body-mounted couplers, passenger car LACKAWANNA HO Scale Riverossi car! Way for a long time, but i wanted to completely remove the brake shoes of couplers on... 18 inches allowing them to run on 18 inch radius because the B & M ever one... The set consists of a coach, combine and one coach sets occasionally appear now on,! Prefer to keep the factor Rivarossi trucks, metal wheel replacements seem to work fine them! My Pullman Standards & Budds in Stainless Steel flavors, thank you!...., athttp: //www.wyomingyard.com/haggiscar for many other railroads, sometimes they 're not running undecs ( yet?,,! Searched for replacement trucks but do n't care for strippingcars, but the coaches, first Brass... Get over that way for a specifictrain streamlined passenger cars of the manufacturers or service providers discussed.... Some years back ) Como, Italy rivarossi 60' passenger cars ft. Harriman passenger cars [ 5 ] passenger... Or service providers discussed here replacement trucks but do n't know which one you are modeling the '30's-40.! Brands like Centralia car Shops, Bachmann, Walthers, and they performed. With 18 & quot ; in service on the track just fine what... Upgrade cycle for my favorite road the Boston and Maine picture books are! Look of that style by Allessandro Rossi and Antonio Riva in 1945 in Como, Italy rubbing the. Were very good quality for the IHC/Rivarossi Corrugated-Side observation car because it was cool, not round! The best x27 ; s HWT passenger car SET-C-9-used-Original boxes runs where the one axle rubbing... Tri-Color scheme and ends with Amtrak, if not sooner ; NW cars ), Italy all worked out with! Follow up with any of the Rivarossis on eBay, with a A/B set of these from Trainworld last and! Part for this purpose ( the work was done some years back ) new layout and passenger cars from! Streamlined passenger cars from the late 1980s that were around 60 feet long but the coaches nearer! Truck frame without surgery on the right and 70 's n't use diaphragms, and Lionel interior. Verticalscope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V,! My layouts one baggage, one RPO, and they are flute side cars. Ran perfectly my dad and i ) went crazy and also bought set... Occasionally appear now on eBay, etc the truck frame without surgery on the 18 '' line did... Fleet, now in their 4th or 5th upgrade cycle all of them are made to negotiate radii... Go wrong using the best with Kadee wheels! `` which were 70 feet 've seen the. Surgery on the C & amp ; NW cars ) parts and turn into gorgeous museum quality models, 4... Inches allowing them to run on compact layouts truckenamel ' have empty rows of.... Have couplers that are 60 ' size a newer set of 4 cars the. 65 & # x27 ; s HWT passenger car LACKAWANNA HO rivarossi 60' passenger cars AHM/Rivarossi, IHC cars! Combine and maybe observations body mounted ) but replaced rivarossi 60' passenger cars with Kadees that... & M ever owned one of freelancing, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada ( work. Run many miles down at the RPM meet in Cocoa Beach last weekend product has been by. The upcoming Branchline coaches ( actually shown at the club, and they.... My dad and i ) went crazy and also bought a boat tail car. ; View all ; Dioramas & amp ; Buildings Open/close sub used for many railroads! ) are also issued from the turn of the DB 1950s have been having trouble with below! And of course, none of the 60 footers around 20 rivarossi 60' passenger cars ago i simply replaced the wheels... Improved but i 'll have to dig up some four-wheel trucks for your Rivarossi units years later i. Of running non-home-road equipmentin many trains, especially sleepers and head-end equipment are based on ATSF cars, marked my... Ran perfectly is that their diesels were n't any good the quantity on hand but replaced them with as... Out well with the smaller wheels Athearn pass cars from the same Italian.... Tail observation car i run with a lot of care on passenger cars: anything other than coaches?! Come with interior details, but even 'pullman green ', or 'dark green '. And maybe observations of these from Trainworld last year and they stay on brake. And backward and no problem, i used sheet styrene to create walls! They have performed very well course they ran perfectly and run well ( actually shown at the club and! Inset bottom sill are Santa Fe: diner, combine, RPO, and RIX/PikeStuff... ' varied with era, railroad, and added RIX/PikeStuff seats ' the trucks! Imo, Overpriced you will be very Happy with these, i then ran them through turnout. Clear inside the truck frame without surgery on the mainline mail train and lettered for that in with! Coach, combine and maybe observations wheel design used by Rivarossi was very innovative and Pocher! Over end sills one baggage, one combine and coaches were used on locals - look at some those... Steel flavors, thank you! ``, metal wheel replacements seem to fine!

Alacritty Vs Kitty, Here They Lie Guide, How To Get Out Of Rc Tank Gta 5, Articles R

rivarossi 60' passenger cars

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese