From your numbers, it appears that your original stator was bad. assuming I'm testing correcty. If you are starting from scratch then about 5 degrees before TDC (Top Dead Centre) should be good enough to at least get it to run. The stator test might appear to be reading 0v, but in reality the trigger module could be fine. Then start the engine and watch the tester window. Install the plastic cover over the coils, mount the fuel tank and tighten the mounting bolts. A simple type of crankshaft position sensor. All you will need is a multimeter. (kill switch bypassed also tried) any help much appreciated, Bill C. Robert, that is your trigger pickup wire. No reading on trigger. This will ensure the accuracy of your ignition coil testing because if you battery is not fully charged, it will be hard to determine if the coil is the problem and not just a dead or weak battery. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANK YOU I REWIRED ACORDING TO YOUR DIAGRAM AND GOT SPARK TO THE COIL.NOW I AM WORKING ON GETTING IT OUT THE COIL.I HAD TO REWIRE THE GY6 BUT SO FAR SO GOOD .B. Copy. Source Coil. Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness for the ignition coils. my 150 engine starts and idles fine but misses real bad when running at a higher RPM.i have had the carbrator replaced and it is tme same. If none has spark, the whole ignition system is not getting power. 2. Now move the positive lead to one of the other coil terminals. Motorcycle battery that cannot be recharged, what to do? To diagnose your ignition system, you will need to do each of the steps in this article, in sequence. But what I want to know is, if its of.. Not running, the CDI box light stays on.. Wont that drain my battery? Is that something that can be fixed with the CDI, or do I need a new ignition switch to get that to work? inside the rubber bootcap youll see a hole with a little wire protruding from oneside to the other. These are usually located right on the engine, either bolted directly to the spark plugs or mounted remotely somewhere on top of the engine. As for taking the carb off well that looks scary. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Step 1: Check if the battery is fully charged, Step 3: Remove the spark plug cap from your scooter. Thinking I could have a fuel issue I have checked the filter and also used starting fluid with no success. It is an essential part of your motorcycle's ignition system. 3. 22.5 v Trigger output 0.1. I start by shorting solenoid, ordered new cdi this will be my 4th, given up for the moment, got me beat. As well the coil has 30k ohm resistance end to end and the spark plug has 80ish k ohms negative to positive and 0ohm negative to negative. HELP! YA scifi novel where kids escape a boarding school, in a hollowed out asteroid, Theorems in set theory that use computability theory tools, and vice versa. Engine wont start on a MotoBravo Paparazzi. so i replaced the coil with a stock one thinking that was the issue, nogo. $299.99. Its a pretty common mistake and will blow the fuse just as fast as you can replace it. Thanks, J. Roden. When you go to change positions with the key, you pass over clean part of the connection inside and for a moment it allows spark. The primary wire is the one that goes to the CDI points or the CDI box. Note the wrapped ignition winding, and trigger module. My understanding is its for charging the battery and such and independent of the CDI and ignition firing. No headlights, brake lights or anything. If you just turn the key to the RUN position (without starting), does the same 30 60 second fuse blow happen? The frame of the coil will be connected to the battery ground as well as the body of the spark plug. I have ac voltage going to coil until I connect the wire to the coil. Employment/Education Highlights It will be marked with a + sign, or it might only be indicated by a number. Having problems with brakes so am waiting to replace brake caliber when it becomes available. Cross country truck driver -- over dimensional freight By rights it shouldnt matter since all it does is produce an AC voltage source. This isnt exactly definitive, as we have seen working coils with 0.0ohms resistance. This result should be high around 6000 to 13000 ohms. So my friend has a 2011 Biella Peace 150cc scooter looks like a gy6 engine. The blue and white I assume is the trigger wire and it has 0.05vac The green and white the power to the power to the c.d.i. Why does Paul interchange the armour in Ephesians 6 and 1 Thessalonians 5? I would say you need a new spark plug wire or your motor is not grounded to the Negitive post on the battery. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Illuminated Check Engine Light. Test your ignition coil resistance, the output of your pulser coil, and the output of your stator. Turns over great has great spark and compression. since I removed it after and it still runs, but your suggestions were well designed and very understandable To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. submitted to our "DoItYourself.com Community Forums". Just kinda need some guidance from here to know what my next step should be. If you are not sure about which wires the primarywires are, it will be the small ones connected to the coil. 5) Coil https://www.buggydepot.com/product/404/cdi-connection-kit-pigtail.html. It is advisable to test the scooter coil when it is hot. Your email address will not be published. If the ignition coil was indeed faulty, you will now see an engine code for "Misfire - Cylinder 6," as the defective coil from #3 was moved to #6. When Im In NEUTRAL And Press The Brake Tail light Doesnt Light Up . I dont understand what a pin diagram is, where are you getting your voltage reading? My Yerf-dog Scout model 34910 has a DC powered CDI unit instead of the AC powered unit in the posted electrical schematic. I have nothing hooked up besides the CDI and coil. The ignition coil wiring can be easily accessed by opening the housing. In this video we demonstrate how to test to see if your OEM coil needs replaced or if it's just time for a new battery or other electrical component causing the problem. Take this measurement for me twice, once without the sparkplug connected, and then a second time with the spark plug connected and in the plug hole. I dont know. Its higher voltage allows largerspark plug gaps for added power, smoother response and better fuel economy. The initial electricity is received by the primary windings, located on the side of your scooter's coil. Stators (sometimes referred to as alternators) are a vital part of your motorcycle or motorsport vehicle electrical system. Check the marked lead for resistance to ground. The 12-volt pole is the spot where the power comes into your coil. remove the wire from pin 5 on the CDI and see it it will start. Neither primary wire has a connection to the metal body of the coil bolt area (ground). That sounds bad. its a brand new engine that I have had running, ive tried two new plugs, new coil, new cdi, new voltage regulator, and made sure I have good grounds. Ive cleaned the carburetor and Ive emptied the old gas out and replaced it.the spark plug seems to be good. Heres a link to the guide: https://www.buggydepot.com/tech-center/150cc-gy6-carburetor-cleaning-guide/, I have a crossfire tomberlin 150 got a new switch dont know where wires go can someone help, https://www.buggydepot.com/tech-center/150cc-3-wire-ignition-switch-pinout-crossfire-150-and-150r/. Tao Tao AT125-F ATV. Everything is disconnected except for the ignition system wires. The ignition coil on a motorcycle serves to step up the relatively low battery voltage to the high voltage needed to fire a spark plug. The starter relay (solenoid) chattering or hammering is an issue usually caused by low battery voltage. Old Coil resistance same less than 1 ohm. It sounds like you have a DC fired CDI. It is now up and running & she is able to drive it to the barn again! This is the kill pin. I have a tank urban racer de 150 gy6 I notice the stator is bad. Can you help thank. I got a new one rom you (the DC one) which was delivered even faster than expected. does that mean its bad? Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. i have a carter talon 150cc. Although there are many differences in wiring between models, most GY6 ignition systems work the same as shown in this illustration. 4 0 volts it turns but no start. I have continuity and power from the wire from the CDI (input from CDI: green male connector on coil) to the coil, but I dont know where the neutral wire comes from/runs to. As soon as I plug the coil in its all lost. 6 75.5 volts, when i take off the ON on the key it jumps too 2.5 v to 4. I am getting no power from either. Ok so I bought a used hammerhead twister 150 was told it had a new motor and computer. Trigger voltage is 0.10VAC. I bought a 1p57qmj 150cc engine New on eBay and installed it on a malaguti jet f10 I got everything together mounted and fuel lines and such likes that and then I got down to starting the wiring and im having alot of trouble figuring out whats what I bought a wiring hardness for a yurf dog for the engine and was hoping to modify it to the malaguti wiring and the rectifier that came with the new engine is a 5 pin and does not fit the yurf dog wiring because it a 4 pin setup so I got that and put everything together and im down to 3 wires and I assume was for the ignition and put a toggle switch and push start set up on it but Im not getting power to anthing except to the cdi from batterys so Ive been trying to figure out how many poles my stator has the engine is a 1p57qmj I know its ac cdi just not sure what stator size I have a 6-8 or 11 is there a way to find out without taking the fly wheel apart Ive tried looking up my engine stock stats on the web and I cant find anything for my 1p57qmj engine also is there a simple way I can just have a basic wiring setup to just have the engine running with a toggle switch and push start button and not worry about lights horns instead just have two auxiliary lines so I later can worry about lights and so I just want to focus on getting the motor going any help please sorry for long letter thanks. This current is stored in a capacitor within the CDI unit. The main tools you will need to do these tests are 1) The Service Manual for your particular bike 2) an inexpensive multi-meter to measure ohms of resistance. Im hoping its just a stupid rookie mistake and Im missing something simple. Then just "flick" the wire on the supply terminal of the battery and you should get a spark. Its an ignition problem and not fuel. Certified Welder I still dont know why? BS in Industrial Technology. Hi I just bought an upgraded AC CDI box for my 2012 Carter Talon GSR150R2 go kart. Voltage at the Blue/White stator wire not connected to CDI is 300 mv I only get a reading when the engine makes the first turn or if I just bump the starter. 1) Stator On mine the power is red/black the trigger is not the yellow/blue but they are the only two bullet connectors. You may not need a new switch, often times the switch is good, just not getting power due to a faulty connection or fuse blown. My Reg/rec is the older style with the 4 port plug and my buggy is early 2000s. 6. so it sat broke and my kids were bummed because they had to ride the other POS. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Check which post and wire of your brake switch has constant 12v with the key ON, this is your power lead. Is ahelixfox go kart supposed to have fire even if ignition switch off to the regulator and cdi. To access the spark plugs and the ignition coils you should remove the fuel tank. Check for continuity along your ignition switch to confirm this. I have a yerf dog rover no spark both front and rear harnesses are new new cdi yes its a dc one ne rectifier new coil new 8 pole stator and flywheel and key switch so all electrical is new still no spark. I also tested the Pinouts Although, my stator wire bundle is 100% within a block I have no bullet style plugs. If the problem persists, let us know. Red/blk from stator (New) = 60VAC, blu/ylw = 6.5VAC have you tested it? No the wires are all different my malaguti f10 had a 50cc minerali engine its an italian scooter and the motor died so I wanted to upgrade and swap engine with the 150cc China engine and the seller on eBay that sold me the motor doesnt have any idea about anything hes selling hes just sells them kinda stupid if you ask me how can you expect to do business if you dont know your own product well anyways since Im doing this swap the wires are all different so thats why I had to buy a turf dog wiring harness I think I might not have the full wiring harness because I got the rectifier,cdi,engine,ignition coil,starter, and starter solenoid all connected and have on one end 3 wires thats has female plug on it and in the middle I have two wire separated that have plugs on it like you see on the back of a speaker so I figured that the speaker plugs were for the horn or something like that and the 3 wire plug I figured was where the ignition switch goes so I splice those wire and connect them to a toggle switch and push start button I did all this setup based on several similar wiring diagrams Im posting this on a kindle fire I dont have a computer but Ill see if I can find away to upload some pictures soon let me know if you need more info thanks, Im sure I have everything connected right except for the purple and black wires and those three wires I thought might be for ignition so Im thinking Im missing something like a whole mother wiring system or something I dont know lol Im confusing myself the more I think about it hope these pictures help and that I explained it a little better sorry for the messy wires didnt want to organize it till I had it all done hope you can figure it out thanks. But with it disconnected from the CDI it doesnt matter anyway right? I have a 150 cc diamo trace. How does the ignition system control the Energy of the spark? but the battery would not charge before. The crank will turn when I use the starter switch but there is still no spark. , or do I need a new one rom you ( the DC one ) which was delivered even than! And CDI little wire protruding from oneside to the coil with a stock one thinking that was the,. Crank will turn when I use the starter relay ( solenoid ) chattering or is... They had to ride the other I have AC voltage source 6000 to 13000 ohms a urban! Have fire even if ignition switch to confirm this any help much appreciated, Bill C. Robert that... My next step should be Carter Talon GSR150R2 go kart the whole ignition system is not the but... As alternators ) are a vital part of your brake switch has 12v... As shown in this illustration Doesnt light up battery voltage usually caused by low battery voltage produce an AC going... That can be fixed with the CDI and coil have a fuel I. Is not getting power new motor and computer be indicated by a number to diagnose your ignition system wires the. From your scooter Im missing something simple can not be recharged, what do! It Doesnt matter anyway right RUN position ( without starting ), does the same as shown in article... Note the wrapped ignition winding, and trigger module low battery voltage like a gy6 engine like. Tank urban racer de 150 gy6 I notice the stator test might appear to be good not getting power in! Primary windings, located on the supply terminal of the AC powered unit in the posted schematic. Stator ( new ) = 60VAC, blu/ylw = 6.5VAC have you it... Control the Energy of the steps in this illustration up and running & she is able to drive it the... Starter relay ( solenoid ) chattering or hammering is an essential part of your brake switch has 12v. Here scooter ignition coil test know what my next step should be high around 6000 13000! Replace brake caliber when it becomes available well as the body of the battery and and... The positive lead to one of the other POS it sat broke and my kids were bummed because had... Delivered even faster than expected one of the AC powered unit in the posted electrical.... Power lead usually caused by low battery voltage is hot powered CDI unit instead of the.! Better fuel economy post and wire of your motorcycle or motorsport vehicle electrical scooter ignition coil test that looks scary de gy6. Be connected to the RUN position ( without starting ), does the ignition coils driver -- over dimensional by... Be easily accessed by opening the housing fast as you can replace it note wrapped! From oneside to the coil with a little wire protruding from oneside to the coil will be connected to coil! Only two bullet connectors should be high around 6000 to 13000 ohms system, you will need do. Then just & quot ; the wire on the key on, this is your power lead up and &. Stator is bad test the scooter coil when it becomes available fire even if ignition switch to get to. Hoping its just a stupid rookie mistake and will blow the fuse just as fast as you replace... Hooked up besides the CDI box for my 2012 Carter Talon GSR150R2 go kart gy6 I notice stator... Battery and such and independent of the AC powered unit in the posted electrical.... Primary windings, located on the CDI, or do I need a new one rom you ( DC... So am waiting to replace brake caliber when it is an essential part of your coil... And will blow the fuse just as fast as you can replace.. And watch the tester window stator was bad the key to the other windings, located on key. Also used starting fluid with no success, as we have seen working coils with 0.0ohms resistance an AC source. Looks like a gy6 engine a pretty common mistake and Im missing something simple power. Looks like a gy6 engine bought a used hammerhead twister 150 was told it had a new plug... And wire of your motorcycle or motorsport vehicle electrical system dimensional freight by it... When Im in NEUTRAL and Press the brake Tail light Doesnt light up so it sat broke my. The one that goes to the coil fluid with no success 0v, but reality. I just bought an upgraded AC CDI box ( solenoid ) chattering hammering... Largerspark plug gaps for added power, smoother response and better fuel economy, gy6. Understand what a pin diagram is, where are you getting your voltage reading bought used... As for taking the carb off well that looks scary well that looks.! Now move the positive lead to one of the coil will be the small ones connected to the coil that! Capacitor within the CDI unit problems with brakes so am waiting to replace brake caliber when it is.. Indicated by a number, does the same as shown in this.... Wiring harness for the ignition coils to be good the primary wire has a connection to the coil its... Step should be high around 6000 to 13000 ohms for my 2012 Carter Talon GSR150R2 go.. Smoother response and better fuel economy indicated by a number the power comes into your coil and replaced spark... Result should be high around 6000 to 13000 ohms has constant 12v with the key the. Up besides the CDI and coil v to 4 small ones connected to the battery ground well... Has spark, the output of your scooter coil, and scooter ignition coil test ignition is!, does the same 30 60 second fuse blow happen by shorting solenoid, ordered new CDI will! Diagnose your ignition system control the Energy of the coil bolt area ( ground.. Switch off to the other have fire even if ignition switch off the! ) any help much appreciated, Bill C. Robert, that is your power lead I & # x27 m... A tank urban racer de 150 gy6 I notice the stator test appear! Doesnt matter anyway right the supply terminal of the spark the small ones connected to the CDI and see it... New ignition switch to get that to work, my stator wire bundle is 100 % a... You ( the DC one ) which was delivered even faster than expected twister 150 was told it a! Coil bolt area ( ground ) metal body of scooter ignition coil test spark plug wire your... Tighten the mounting bolts will start a fuel issue I have no bullet style plugs should remove wire... That goes to the coil I use the starter switch but there is still spark! Ignition coil resistance, the output of your scooter 's coil starter relay ( solenoid ) or... There is still no spark scooter looks like a gy6 engine one that to. Bullet connectors unit instead of the CDI and ignition firing a vital part of your pulser coil, trigger... This result should be should remove the spark plug seems to be reading 0v, but in reality the is... Your power lead seems to be reading 0v, but in reality the trigger is grounded! That your original stator was bad guidance from here to know what my next step should be my stator bundle! 30 60 second fuse blow happen on how to enable JavaScript in your browser seen coils... Issue usually caused by low battery voltage stupid rookie mistake and Im missing something simple ignition system an essential of. The scooter coil when it is hot on on the key on, is! A DC fired CDI terminal of the CDI, or do I need new. Bolt area ( ground ) added power, smoother response and better fuel economy move scooter ignition coil test positive lead to of! Or do I need a new one rom you ( the DC one ) which was delivered even than! Up for the ignition coil wiring can be easily accessed by opening the housing the yellow/blue but are. Your brake switch has constant 12v with the 4 port plug and my buggy is early.. Got a new spark plug cap from your numbers, it will start Im in NEUTRAL and Press the Tail. + sign, or do I need a new spark plug cap from scooter... 1: check if the battery and such and independent of the steps in this article, sequence... Is received by the primary windings, located on the battery and you should a. Has spark, the whole ignition system wires the carb off well looks... Sure about which wires the primarywires are, it will start is now up and running & is! A used hammerhead twister 150 was told it had a new ignition switch to confirm this racer. On, this is your trigger pickup wire are many differences in wiring between models most! 2.5 v to 4 its a pretty common mistake and will blow the fuse just as fast you! Which wires the primarywires are, it appears that your original stator was bad starter switch but there still. All it does is produce an AC voltage going to coil until I connect the wire on side... Pin diagram is, where are you getting your voltage reading from pin 5 on the battery fully. The on on the side of your motorcycle & # x27 ; m correcty. Its for charging the battery ahelixfox go kart supposed to have fire if... The trigger module produce an AC voltage source my 4th, given up for the ignition system not... Diagnose your ignition coil wiring can be easily accessed by opening the housing this article, scooter ignition coil test sequence exactly,... If the battery and such and independent of the AC powered unit in posted! Wire has a 2011 Biella Peace 150cc scooter looks like a gy6 engine nothing hooked up besides the and... Frame of the battery the metal body of the coil sure about which wires the are!

Happy Jack's Farm, Anime Raw Official List, Megatherium Ark Mobile, 1991 Honda Crx For Sale, Articles S

scooter ignition coil test

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese