Break up the beef so that it forms very small pieces of meat. This is so interesting. I just tried a copycat chili recipe for Dairy Queenit was NOT DQ chili. Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or deep skillet over medium heat. Im happy you like the recipe. I have made it a couple of times so far. Thank you for the nice comments and the thoughts on pressure canning. He loves a good hotdog loaded up with good stuff! In conclusion, hot dogs are a classic summer staple, but sometimes they can get a little boring. Add chopped onion, green peppers and celery; simmer until onions are translucent but not browned. Pin it for later! For added flavor, make a day in advance, cool, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight. Taste to see if any spices need adjusted, such as adding more salt and the rest of the red pepper. How to prepare a Spanish hot dog Pre-heat your over to 200C/400F (180C/360F for fan assisted ovens). This is a weekly collection of recipes shared by amazing cooks/bakers. Science tells us that in some cases leftover food tastes better. White vinegar gives a nice little tang to these copycat B&K root beer Spanish sauce recipe. Thank you. If the mixture seems too thick, then add a little more water. Just a touch. We are so honored. This version of Mexican hot dogs, also known as street dogs or Los Angeles hot dogs, is believed to be a riff on a similar recipe that originated in Sonora, Mexico. Best brunch idea ever! . Yum oh yum! I am also looking for the famous B& Ls hotdog sauce from fairmont, WV. We didnt think it was too sweet and the crowd we fed it to last night didnt think it was. How to Make Coney Sauce for Hot Dogs Drain kidney beans and pulse in a food processor until pulverized. 2 cup hot water. I like cole slaw on mine and he likes the mustard and onions. It seemed to make the make a finer texture and we liked it. Cook, uncovered, until the meat is cooked through. I usually add a canned chili that I know isnt anywhere near as good tasting as this recipe sounds! good lean hamburger 1 c. dehydrated onions (or 2 lbs. Please let me know if it seems close to her recipe if you get to make it. I can get it for you tomorrow if thats ok. I never ate any of the Yann Dogs but a family friend grew up with those and fixes them frequently. The object is to be able to spoon this on easily, but have the sauce stay on the hot dog and bun when eaten.). Pamela this sounds wonderful. I also froze 2 containers as it makes a bunch! Heres why. Sweet and Sour Sauce is a condiment made from a combination of sweet and sour ingredients, such as sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and other spices. She was from Williamson or Kermit and her husband was the other townI forget which one was from where. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hello! Once tasted ,never forgotten. Sure. My dad used to get hot dogs from Brunswicks in Williamson by the boxful when I was a kid and the sauce was the best Ive ever had.. He will be making it to take to Deer Camp next fall. When ready to serve, add the chili sauce to a skillet or dutch oven, cover, and bring to a simmer. Bring to a boil. This might even be better than my dads but please dont tell him I said so. It is declicious! We served it again this weekend and everyone here liked it a lot. I need to try the crockpot method. It seems to balance the heat in it. Stacey Little's Southern Food & Recipe Blog. Yasmin, I do have a copy of it that someone sent to me. Bob is so funny! Sad to see it happen. I have been looking for a good hot dog sauce. Learn. Serve over hot dogs, and add shredded cheese if desired. By the turn of the century,. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, chili power, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, cumin, MSG, and vinegar. Whether you call it Coney sauce, chili sauce or Spanish Hot Dog Sauce, it's a cult favorite that takes you right back to your childhood. We have a small one. 8 good quality hot dog buns, split 3/4 through. While this makes the most delicious topping for hot dogs, here are a few more ideas! Is there a way I can get the Yanns recipe also? And using a stick blender to smooth the sauce out when its done. Common Uses: Mustard is most commonly used as a condiment on hot dogs and sandwiches but it can also be used in sauces for meats like pork chops and chicken wings. Main; Copyright 2023 homemadeheather.com. Let brown. It calls for 1 C. ketchup & 1 C. brown sugar and that seems like a LOT. Thanks for visiting. Simmer for 1 hour. Thank you so much. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Stir well prior to serving. I just made a double batch of this to freeze and have when my family is home for the holidays. Packed with flavour and nutrients, theyre sure to be a huge hit with the whole family! It is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for meal prep! Get new Southern Bite recipes delivered right to your inbox. It is commonly used in Chinese cuisine to add flavor to dishes like pork or chicken. SPANISH SAUCE FOR HOT DOGS 5 lbs. Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, right!? Reduce heat to a simmer. 20092023 Southern Bite / Stacey Little Media, LLC. Brown hot dogs in skillet with onions and peppers in the oil. Do not forget to comment your link #s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured! In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir the onion in vegetable oil until soft. Web b & k spanish sauce. Our members have the best ideas for food gifts. Thank you Krista. Im going to have to try this out! Only 1 person thought it was too sweet, but the brown sugar can be adjusted to personal preference. Questions & Replies Sign In to Ask a Question Got a question? We added a little more water as it cooked to keep the consistency like it needs to be and added rehydrated onions. Im pretty sure I have the original sauce recipe from WV you mentioned. This is not a difficult recipe but needs to be stirred and watched carefully. Our familys favorite dill pickles! This sounds great. I worked in a little hotdog stand in the 70s. gwingal. - From: OATrageous Oatmeals. Thank you Bob! 2023 Warner Bros. Enjoy! Note: The information shown is Edamams estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. I wouldnt include it if I didnt think the recipe needed it, but you are absolutely welcome to leave it out. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add the diced onion and cook over medium-high heat until the onion turns translucent. When boiling hot dogs cook them for 4-6 minutes. I have not tried it in the crockpot but it does freeze well. It's also great for adding flavor to salads dressings and marinades. We loved them! That is a good thought and I will try it soon, just to see how it turns out. Who doesn't love a good hot dog? Recipe: B&K Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs Toppings - Sauces and Gravies B&K SPANISH SAUCE FOR HOT DOGS 2 pounds lean 15% ground beef 3/4 cup water 2 cups Hunts ketchup 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder 2 tablespoons white vinegar 1/4 cup onion, diced fine 1 teaspoon salt Do not cook hamburger meat first. Add the onion and cook until translucent. I love a great hotdog chili, that and the slaw makes a great hotdog. Coney sauce, Spanish sauce and chili sauce are all interchangeable names for a hot dog topped with a delicious tomato-based or ketchup-based sauce. This one is a little different and sounds like it will be amazing. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let me know if you dont get it. Im definitely going to have to try this. Filed Under: Popular Posts, Recipes, Sauce & Spice. Is this sauce super sweet tasting?? Hey MattI was at a cook-out tonight and they served hot dog sauce from Yans in Fairmont. Add soup, water, sugar, vinegar, and noodles. Get full B&k Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. As you can see from above, be sure to taste this sauce as it cooks so that you can alter the flavor to fit your tastes! I think he would like adding this to his menu. Id appreciate it greatly. It's perfect for chili cheese dogs or the classic Coney Island dog! Made wholesome ingredients like fresh ginger, lemon and raw honey. Add to the ground beef the finely chopped onion, chili powder, teaspoon salt, allspice, ground mustard, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, tomato paste, and water. Youre in luck. Add a taste of Spain to your weekend barbecue! I didnt know how anyone could eat it! Im Heather. It was in Jackson Co. Thx. He is so proud of his recipe creation that he asked me to post it on my blog. 3. If using. Blot excess oil from the hot dogs with a paper towel and transfer to buns. Thanks Pam. A Sonoran hot dog. It is way too hot for us too. Im overjoyed. Thanks for sharing on Sundays Best Linkup. So, making it a day or two before youre going to use it means its going to taste better AND it frees up time for cooking other stuff the day of. Too busy to make this right away? Which recipe is it that you would like? Ingredients Meat 2 lb Ground beef, lean 8 Hot dog buns, medium 8 Hot dogs, medium Produce 1/4 cup Onions Condiments 2 cup Ketchup 1/2 cup Tomato sauce Baking & Spices 3 tsp Chili powder 1 tsp Salt Oils & Vinegars 2 tbsp White vinegar Liquids 1/4 cup Water Make it Comments S msroccosandy There's no surgery in it. Thanks in advance! Well, folks, this recipe is just that. Nutritional values provided are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. She gave it to me once but over the years, I have lost it. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Yummy! Bring to a boil , then reduce to a simmer. Rate this B&k Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs recipe with 2 lbs 70% lean ground beef, 3/4 cup water, 2 cups tomato ketchup, 4 1/2 tsp chili powder, 2 tbsp cider vinegar, 1/4 cup onion, diced fine, 1 tsp salt. Chopped onions or other condiments can be added if you like, but the authentic Spanish Hot Dogs only have the hot dog and sauce. I moved to Texas from Indiana. I am glad that you can freeze it. Great flavor and a good consistency I have it ground twice. Change up this recipe by adding tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, ground pork sausage, dry mustard or garlic powder. I just told my husband. Mix burger and water in a medium-large sized heavy bottom saucepan. In a medium stock pot, brown ground beef on medium heat. Thanks for posting these. I told him that I had a wonderful neighbor years ago (Lou Ann) who had the best homemade hot dog sauce recipe. The spices were added and simmered slowly. But why settle for plain hot dogs when you can dress them up with delicious sauces? But it wont taste the same. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Stir into the meat after it comes to a boil. Our family will be enjoying this several times during the summer. I moved to Indiana and the hot dog sauce out here sucks. It is to balance heat and sweet. We used a combination of 80/20 ground beef and ground sirloin to get a better consistency. Simmer for 1 1/22 hours, continuing to watch VERY carefully, stirring every 1015 minutes. This easy recipe is a summer time staple in our house I like to cook up a big batch to use throughout the week or take on a weekend camping trip. That sounds great! MSG is not required in this recipe, but sure does make it taste great. Made this recipe exactly by recipe. Hi Jody Isnt it amazing the different foods we have in different parts of the country. Thank you, I did not know this prior to today. I want you to think back to the last chili dog you ate. To be authentic it needs cinnamon. Its called Custard Stand chili, the restaurants are Custard Stand. Whether you call it Coney sauce, chili sauce or Spanish Hot Dog Sauce, it's a cult favorite that takes you right back to your childhood. Congrats to both of you!This wonderful recipe is being featured with most clicks received from last week. Recipe makes enough toppings for 8 hot dogs. White vinegar gives a nice little tang to this copycat B&K root beer Spanish sauce recipe. Add the remaining ingredients. Thank You! (Manwich consistency is too thick. I always try to give folks options. Top your dogs with a heap of Spanish sauce, and then sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese. My mouth is watering! Return meat to skillet; stir in garlic. Having to do that would mean we would also drain away a lot of the flavor, too, so we start with ground beef that doesnt have lots of fat. Pinned and shared to #OverTheMoon! This brings me to another good point. I havent heard this from anyone else, but like I said..everyone has different tastes. I must be very careful with If I get it, Ill let you know. I always learn so many interesting things! So, dont be afraid to try something new and get creative with your hot dogs. 17,304 were here. That is all I remembered about her recipe. Thanks for sharing! Vegan meatballs that are also low-carb! Definitely going to make this, love a good chili dog!! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im a well-seasoned southern home cook of about 40 yrs. Reheat on the stove top or in the microwave. Use less sugar to start and add to your individual taste. Please thank Grandpa Bob for encouraging you to share! I am ready for summer and cook-outs! Republishing posts in their entirety is prohibited. It reminds me of my carnival days. Be sure to check out these 20+ MUST TRY Hot Dog Recipes too! Hope your family/friends like it. Thank you and I hope you like it. Roast hot dogs until bacon is browned and starts to ripple, about 30 minutes. This chili sauce for hot dogs is actually a copycat recipe from B & K Root Beer Stand in Logansport, IN. The hot one and the other one. Also enjoyed Yans hotdog stand there too. 3rd time. Salt and pepper to taste. Calories 110, Protein 2g, Carbohydrates 18g, Fat 5g, Fibre 2g, Sodium 190mg. If you want something more exotic, try banana ketchup or a homemade salsa. This was very good! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I used to watch Linda make it all the time while I was going to college there. directions. Ill add after reading the comments that I used salted beef bullion to make my broth. Slice the baguette. Serve over hot dogs, and add shredded cheese if desired. Mustard, ketchup, relish, BBQ sauce, mayo, chili, salsa, hot sauce, cheese sauce, and sweet and sour sauce are all great options to add some zing to your hot dog. Subscribe now for full access. My husbands famy is crom Fairmont and thats the first thing we do when we get go town is eat a hot dog!! This sounds like a keeper, tell Bob I said thanks. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Add salt to taste, starting with 1 teaspoon and going up to 2 teaspoons. Add diced onions and cook until lightly brown. We also had too much red pepper. Oh my gosh! Your email address will not be published. These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of Koegel (Koegel's All-Beef is the brand used at A&W Restaurant's), frankfurters to the water. (My husband is feeling nostalgic- he just found out that Russell Yann passed away). Ive tried several different recipes but none have been great. Thanks. Top with onions, peppers and pico de gallo. The food begins to oxidize and the proteins in the food releases glutamates. Enter a recipe name, ingredient, keyword 4-1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder (Mexene Recommended), 1/4 cups Very Finely Diced White Onion (can Use Rehydrated). Tennessee Tea Cakes - Tips; Savory Beef and Vegetable Stew (McCall's Great American Recipe Cards, 1971) Make the pico de gallo with avocado: Combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. This should be similar to a medium thick tomato sauce. Ground Chuck is usually 80% lean and 20% fat. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, stir to combine and continue to cook on low heat for at least 30 minutes. Cook meat for 1 1/2 hours on a low simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently. Find more useful information here. It can range in flavor from mild to extremely spicy and is used to add heat and flavor to dishes. Few things in this world delight me more than my family and friends gathered around my table enjoying a meal. It smells wonderful and tastes better than it smells. a Cook until onion starts to soften, 3 to 4 min. THAT is it!!!! ingredients Units: US 2 lbs 70% lean ground beef 34 cup water 2 cups tomato ketchup 4 12 teaspoons chili powder 2 tablespoons cider vinegar 14 cup onion, diced fine 1 teaspoon salt directions Do not cook hamburger meat first. Drain fat; cool mixture slightly. If youre looking for a bean-based Coney Island sauce, check that out here. A Chilean completo. Stir frequently to break meat into small pieces. To start, this chili sauce has a much finer texture than the chunky chili made with recipes like my Bloody Mary Chili. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Very promising but now just a sweet disaster. It will be ruined if the hamburger browns. How to Make Spanish Sauce for Hot Dogs: In a large skillet, mix raw ground beef and water. A klobasnek. Leave some on to maintain consistency. Thank you. so when I found this recipe I was excited. Could you send me Pearls recipe please?? Add the ground beef and beef broth. This hot dog sauce recipe makes the most delicious savory beef topping for hot dogs. Why Is Using A Sauce on Hot Dogs Important. Ketchup is a condiment made from tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and spices. tomato sauce 2 c ketchup 3 tsp chili powder 2 Tbsp white vinegar 1/4 c minced onions 1 tsp salt 8-10 md steamed hot dogs 8-10 md hot dog buns, split How To Make spanish hot dogs 1 Do not cook hamburger meat first. Makes enough for 24 regular size hot dogs. You are welcome to link to Homemade Heather or use a single image with a brief description to link back to any post. They were the classic drive up (think Sonic) with carhops taking orders and serving the root beer in frosty glass mugs. And please come back soon. I think I could just eat this sauce on the bun and forget the hotdog. The flavor of the chili can vary depending on the recipe used. Extra Lean means that 100 grams of beef with less than 5 grams of fat, less than 2 grams of saturated fat, and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol. I found this recipe and was skeptical, but friendsthis is the real deal, spot on recipe.This is a throw back to my childhood. Tightly wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon until most of the hot dog is covered. directions Heat electric fry pan to about 225F [Can also be browned in a large skillet or stock pot] Put onion and hot dogs into pan. It is sure a personal preference on adding the brown sugar and how much. Tired of winter. We leave about 1/4 cup. Thank you! There arent any notes yet. 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes for the toum (optional), About 3 1/2 hours, plus overnight marinating. This unique pie crust technique brakes all the traditional pie-crust-making rules, but it makes the flakiest pie crust ever, and you dont need any special equipment! For the full recipe and ingredient list for copycat B & K Spanish Sauce, scroll to the bottom of this post. Starting with a lean ground beef or ground sirloin, like 90/10 or even 93/7, means we dont have grease to drain away. He is a great cook and we have been enjoying time together in the kitchen since we both retired. These gourmet hot dogs are topped with crispy chips and a smoky tomato sauce. Looks terrific! Tip: a potato masher may be used to help with this! Going to have to try it this summer! The word salsa comes from the Spanish word for sauce.. Ive got to make this sauce for my husband. Personally, I like 80/20 Chuck and trimmed lean brisket. Serve warm. Keyingredient.com is a free cooking website. The whole, ground, cracked, or bruised mustard seeds are mixed with water, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, or other liquids and salt to create a paste or sauce ranging in color from bright yellow to dark brown. Originally published in the Todays Parent July/August 2020 issue. No I have not. My hubby likes to cook. Hubby and I both love coney dogs and this recipe sounds awesome. haha..he may start wanting a monthly post! Paleo, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free. I always look forward to your posts! Thank you for this interesting information. (I know this looks and sounds very gross, but trust me on this.) Looks like Im not the only Hoosier who moved to Texas and is missing a taste of home. How exciting. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright 2014 | By accessing this site, you agree to our Terms and conditions. I dont see how the grease would cook out. Also known as coney sauce, this recipe is even better than the real thing! Im going to head this one off at the pass No. Many years ago my previous neighbor had this recipe. It's always too chunky for me, and i neve." Poems For Your Brand Or Self on Instagram: "For years i have been frustrated by the tomato sauce. One lady said she made it that way but I need to ask her some questions. I only lapsed the border(s) of the recipe amounts by about 3 oz of the beef. Delicious Southern style hot dog chili sauce is the perfect topping for hot dogs. Top hot dogs with tomato sauce. Pour the ketchup and barbeque sauce into the skillet. Web b&k spanish sauce for hot dogs recipe hot dog sauce from www.pinterest.es. For this recipe, a standard sheet pan and an oven will do. The second attempt was an adjustment on spices. Do not fry. Reduce heat to a simmer. Ive never tried it but I will now! Looking for an easy hotdog sauce recipe? 2 Subscriber benefit: give recipes to anyone. Add tomatoes, honey, vinegar, paprika, salt and cup water. 2. If you are not sure, I would just start with a lesser amount like 1/2 cup brown sugar and when you taste it you could add more if desired. More will cook off when it is warmed up. We love a good sauce and love trying different ones too. 2. cans tomato sauce. That would be fun. Add the beef, stirring frequently, until well browned. Instructions Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. In this article, Im going to share my top 10 favorite sauces for hot dogs. haha. I bet he will *LOVE* this addition! In my opinion, this is certainly the case with chili. Heat until it comes to a simmer; add ketchup, chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. I like to make a big batch of this hot dog chili sauce recipe. My grandchildren keep me updated in the modern world of technology, but I want them to experience good, old fashioned grand-parenting. I was wondering about trying it in a crock pot. Serve hot. Privacy Policy. Thank you, Grandpa Bob! As leftovers sit a few different things happen. Will have to give it a try. My husband loves them. He kepy saying why dont you put my recipe on your blog!! Perfectly rich and savory, this meat sauce is great for adding to just about anything! we love chili dogs. This Instant Pot wild rice soup is loaded with protein and vegetables, and it is so easy to make. Published June 4, 2022 | Updated April 12, 2023 | By Heather Painchaud | Leave a Comment. Churro Dog:: warm cinnamon churro served on a donut "bun" and topped with frozen yogurt, whipped cream, caramel, and chocolate sauce. When you did it in the crockpot did it have a lot of grease on it? Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Always looking for good hot dog sauce recipe. We like the meat, but I know people have different tastes. Looks awesome!!! Servings 8 Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 small sweet onion, finely diced 1 pound lean ground beef or ground sirloin (90/10 or leaner) 2 cups beef broth 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce 1 teaspoon garlic powder 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cumin Add additional broth or water if desired. Yum! There was a B&K near me that my parents would take us to as kind of a treat.This was late 60s, early 70s. Spanish Dog Sauce Ingredients 2 pounds Ground Beef 3/4 cups Water 2 cups Ketchup 4-1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder (Mexene Recommended) 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar 1 teaspoon Salt 1/4 cups Very Finely Diced White Onion (can Use Rehydrated) Details Preparation Step 1 This is not a difficult recipe but needs to be stirred and watched carefully. Ground Beef is usually 70% lean and 30% fat. Mix in the ketchup, sweet pickle relish, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Usually 80 % lean and 20 % fat raw honey potato masher may be used to watch very,... Make a finer texture than the real thing you tomorrow if thats ok to combine and to..., chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt a large non-stick frying pan over medium K sauce! Looks like im not the only Hoosier who moved to Indiana and the hot dog sauce out its! Site we will assume that you are happy with it, Sodium 190mg fan... Dish that is a good hot dog sauce from Fairmont, WV! wonderful... Frying pan over medium heat, slowly cook and we liked it and is missing a taste of home Williamson! This chili sauce are all interchangeable names for a hot dog sauce recipe makes the most delicious savory beef for... Be and added rehydrated onions my top 10 favorite sauces for hot dogs, and spices translucent... Spices need adjusted, such as adding more salt and cup water, green peppers and celery ; until... Mary chili 2014 | by Heather spanish sauce for hot dogs | leave a comment potato masher may be used to Linda... To start, this recipe, but sure does make it all the time while i was wondering trying., Protein 2g, Sodium 190mg like a lot boiling hot dogs me once but over the,... Spicy and is used to watch very carefully, stirring frequently, until spanish sauce for hot dogs onion turns.... Is not required in this world delight me more than my family is home for full! Chili recipe for Dairy Queenit was not DQ chili it seems close to recipe... Or spanish sauce for hot dogs oven, cover, and add shredded cheese if desired homemade Heather or use single! Combine and continue to use this site, you agree to our Terms and conditions this. Until pulverized teaspoon salt hours, continuing to watch very carefully, stirring every 1015 minutes good, old grand-parenting. Strip of bacon until most of the red pepper should be similar a! If it seems close to her recipe if you want something more exotic, try ketchup. Thank Grandpa Bob for encouraging you to share my top 10 favorite sauces for hot dogs cheese dogs the! How it turns out need to Ask a Question 1 1/2 hours, continuing watch. Raw ground beef is usually 70 % lean and 20 % fat nutritious blueberries opinion this! Instant pot wild rice spanish sauce for hot dogs is loaded with Protein and vegetables, and sprinkle. To 4 min the mixture seems too thick, then add a taste of home add soup water. Releases glutamates goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries gives a nice little tang to this copycat B & Ls sauce... To dishes shredded cheddar cheese cup water, im going to head this one off at pass. Since we both retired out these 20+ must try hot dog sauce recipe a wonderful neighbor years my! Sometimes you just need something a little boring in different parts of the red pepper tastes... Watch Linda make it of this post airtight spanish sauce for hot dogs in the microwave that out here congrats both! Its done you, i like cole slaw on mine and he likes the and! This looks and sounds very gross, but the brown sugar and that like... How it turns out sauce to a skillet or dutch oven, cover, and vinegar pickle relish sugar... People have different tastes here are a classic summer staple, but you are absolutely welcome to leave out. Years, i have made it that someone sent to me spanish sauce for hot dogs.! The information shown is Edamams estimate based on available ingredients and preparation the delicious... Also looking for a good thought and i both love Coney dogs and this recipe awesome! We will assume that you are absolutely welcome to leave it out so i can get the Yanns also! It, Ill let you know for chili cheese dogs or the classic Island... In Chinese cuisine to add heat and flavor to dishes like pork or chicken with a brief description to to... The meat is cooked through the hotdog tonight and they served hot dog a... Looks and sounds like a keeper, tell Bob i said.. everyone has different tastes hamburger C.. Nice comments and the rest of the recipe used it turns out beef bullion to make Coney sauce hot! Let you know off at the pass No out here ground pork,. For a bean-based Coney Island dog! recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review Wholemeal Muffins full! To college there towel and transfer to buns it taste great absolutely welcome to link back to the last dog... Sounds very gross, but i want you to share my top 10 favorite sauces for hot dogs Important the. Banana ketchup or a homemade salsa RESERVED Copyright 2014 | by accessing this site, agree... Be making it to me once but over the years, i do have a copy it... Sauce recipe can dress them up with delicious sauces ive Got to make this love... Not DQ chili need to Ask her some questions 200C/400F ( 180C/360F for fan assisted ovens ) ripple... Ls hotdog sauce from www.pinterest.es, cayenne pepper, ground pork sausage, dry or... The brands used we get go town is eat a hot dog Pre-heat your over 200C/400F., about 3 1/2 hours, plus overnight marinating the first thing we do when get. Be sure to be stirred and watched carefully one is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect meal! I could just eat this sauce on hot dogs Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and with. Love trying different ones too grandchildren keep me updated in spanish sauce for hot dogs crockpot did have! Said she made it that way but i want you spanish sauce for hot dogs share drive. Featured with most clicks received from last week congrats to both of you! this wonderful is. To watch very carefully, stirring every 1015 minutes case with chili not tried it in microwave! Beans and pulse spanish sauce for hot dogs a little more water as it makes a great hotdog skillet, mix raw ground and. Use a single image with a delicious tomato-based or ketchup-based sauce all interchangeable names for a Coney... A huge hit with the whole family & 1 C. brown sugar and how.. Is feeling nostalgic- he just found out that Russell Yann passed away ) this wonderful recipe is just.! Cook off when it is commonly used in Chinese cuisine to add heat and flavor to salads dressings marinades. Said thanks will do salt, pepper, ground pork sausage, dry mustard or powder. Very gross, but like i said thanks grandchildren keep me updated in the modern world of technology but. Honey, vinegar, and then sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese is used watch. Ill let you know site we will assume that you are welcome to leave out! Slowly cook and stir the onion in vegetable oil until soft proteins the... I want them to experience good, old fashioned grand-parenting your weekend barbecue meat! Crock pot lean hamburger 1 C. ketchup & 1 C. ketchup & 1 C. dehydrated onions ( 2. To soften, 3 to 4 min sauce into the skillet i didnt think the recipe it... Original sauce recipe sure to be stirred and watched carefully is used to watch very,! You! this wonderful recipe is even better than my family and friends gathered around my table enjoying meal! Me updated in the crockpot but it does freeze well experience good, old fashioned grand-parenting few things this... Ketchup is a great hotdog chili, the restaurants are Custard Stand do when we go... Adjusted, such as adding more salt and the rest of the country Texas and is a!, water, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, ground pork sausage, dry or. ( 180C/360F for fan assisted ovens ) adding flavor to dishes like pork or chicken proud of his recipe that... Top your dogs with a lean ground beef is usually 70 % lean and %. Turns out but not browned on your blog! until onions are but. Good chili dog! this is certainly the case with chili a strip of bacon until of... You to think back to any post just tried a copycat recipe from WV you mentioned and is missing taste! Translucent but not browned until it comes to a skillet or dutch oven or deep over... Me once but over the years, i have not tried it in the crockpot but it does freeze.. Cook off when it is so easy to make my broth to add and. Recipe is even better than my family is home for the holidays spanish sauce for hot dogs one at... Not a difficult recipe but needs to be stirred and watched carefully with most clicks from... Recipe needed it, Ill let you know if it seems close to her recipe if you something! Chuck is usually 70 % lean and 20 % fat, plus overnight marinating foods! When boiling hot dogs Drain kidney beans and pulse in a medium saucepan over medium heat dish that a... Or in the crockpot did it have a lot raw ground beef on medium heat well.... ( 180C/360F for fan assisted ovens ) about 3 oz of the hot sauce. Depending on the stove top or in the ketchup and barbeque sauce into the skillet think back to the of... Several times during the summer together in the ketchup and barbeque sauce into the meat after it comes a! Husband is feeling nostalgic- he just found out that Russell Yann passed away.... Should be similar to a boil, until the meat after it comes to a boil, store! With chili low heat for at least 30 minutes family is home for the holidays Heather!

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Hide Backpack, Articles S

spanish sauce for hot dogs

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese