For next test including 308, please include the ever popular American precision Arms Gen II Fat in the list. I thought it might be the one to unseat the champ. All accessory orders ship the same business day when ordered by 12PM CT. Although it may not look as cool, I kind of think its performance as a compensator would be perfect with just a single port on top or three, smaller ports totaling about the same surface area (or anti-surface area, I suppose) as one of these. We are family owned and operated and have establshed ourselves as Rowland Heights premier auto repair facility. Select: * Quantity: +-Add to cart. Many of our products and designs are now being copied, there is no greater accolade than being copied. Machining is extremely good except for some tiny burrs and sharp edges around the circumference of the chambers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The new TBAC CB series brakes can be used with the older 30BA and 30BAs suppressors with the. Weight:3.05 oz The MCS-4H cutrecoil energy by ~55% vs. the bare muzzle, and limits blast and concussion for the shooter by angling the baffles forwards (I think this slightly hurts ultimate recoil reduction though). E-mail me: GunsAndGearEJ20 [ at. A2 Birdcage. If looking for a muzzle device to be used on a platform for team use, where you have other team members directly to your sides, which device would you lean towards, other than a linear compensator. I noted obvious errors on many manufacturers sites so chose not to use any of their info across the board. It is a relatively small brake, and I thought including a compact brake like this would help us understand how size plays into . Despite my assumption that it was going to drive the muzzle down, compensation actually seems pretty much spot-on and recoil reduction is much better than I expected from a brake with such small chambers. Thanks for an outstanding write up so far! Diameter(at largest point): 1 When used alone, the new "CB" brake is approximately 30-40% more effective at recoil reduction than the old 30BA brake. Would that mean a comp with 45% would take it to 5%? Basically Im calling it close enough as the weight of the rifle in the weighed-down rig is already like 14+ lbs so minor differences in the muzzle getting pushed down shouldnt change things too much. Jeremy, kick ass review. Surefire Warcomp. I am just wondering if you have ever got your hands on a GemTech Jake break for the muzzle brake test, and on your next flash hider will you be testing AAC Brakeout 2.0? Also available in titanium. Length:2.95 Machining is top notch. http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tranquilo-556-muzzle-brakeadapter. f. In an abundance of caution we have added anti-tamper features to restrict the ability of one to misuse this product. a heavy magazine that causes the vertical center of mass to be like at the level of the bottom of the trigger guard), when it fires its going to rotate around the center of mass. Although we specialize . I cant imagine how frustrated everyone would be if a brake did incredibly well but cant be acquired haha. Miller Precision Arms Hammerhead OVERALL LENGTH: 1.64 inches Compare Compare Items. The OG and what likely came on your stock AR-15. Add to Wish List. Youll need a custom 24 pencil profile barrel. Its also really expensive. Triangle Shooting Sports Benny Hill Rolling Thunder Compensator: The Rolling Thunder has been a staple on the end of competition rifles (3-Gun, long range, etc) for a long time. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Gain incredible confidence in the field with every trigger pull when you outfit your rifle with the VG6 Stainless Steel Muzzle Brake. Thunder Technologies Muzzle Brake (Persuader) Ralph Pedroza 1 subscriber Subscribe 148 views 5 years ago 5.56 Heartbrake Persuader Muzzlebrake (Black Finish) My bad, crush washer is listed on web. http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/TROMIX_308_SAIGA_SHARK_RIFLE_BRAKE_COMPENSATOR_p/trx-308shark.htm. There is basically no return to target as the reticle really never leaves the target in the first place. A total of 37 brakes and compensators joined in the fun for roundup part deux, although 8 of them are carry-overs from the first test, including the previous recoil eliminating winner. British Engineering? With rare exception, SilencerCos (and other suppressor companies) muzzle devices that act as QD mounts for a suppressor are otherwise functionally identical to the non-QD mount ones. Gotta love the BoPsover-the-top, action movie-like promo video. I have a feeling that some muzzle brakes are too agressive and actually fling the barrel down and some are not aggressive enough and dont really do anything to eliminate muzzle rise. Ive actually used Precision Armaments Accu-Washer system to install a few brakes from various companies. I have fired this upper receiver from rests at 100 yards countless times with various things on the muzzle and the M4-72s presence on it turns in as accurate of groups as anything Ive ever had on the muzzle. Nope, you are not the only one! He lives outside of Austin, TX. from all of this muzzle brake editing haha. gmail, Jeremy, its time for Round #3 now. Although the EFAB is supposed to outperform the AFAB in every way, I still kind of lean towards the AFAB for my personal rifle because I like the looks a bit more and its $50 less expensive (the EFAB ties up a CNC machine for quite a bit more time). Our products are tested by the very best of NSWC, there is no better out there, British precision and design combined with American manufacturing skills. Buddy effing factor. All shims should be the same but we put that in there . If they were all that close it would have been AWESOME. Ooohh.. $162.00. It would be interesting to see which one performs the best on a .300 Blackout. Im sort of hesitant to include custom jobs since they wouldnt then be available for purchase. Looking at the baffles, it appears they dont immediately redirect gas backwards (thereby causing concussion), but instead let the gas hit the flat surface, and only get redirected backwards after slowing down considerably. 2 what? Material: 416 stainless steel The great thing about the industry is that it never stays still and we can always improve. Concussion isnt easily quantified or demonstrated and something like a sheet of cloth a few feet to the side of the brake to show how it reacts wouldnt be accurate because some of these brakes put out a lot of wind while not actually making a lot of concussion (M4-72 is a good example). I was really shocked to see the Lantac Dragon not do so hot considering just about everybody in just about every forum touts it as the absolute best. In terms of adding more and more blast baffles, at some point there isnt enough gas or pressure making it to subsequent baffles for them to actually do anything. Id really love to see future testing comparing muzzle rise elimination. I like to use them on rifles that will be used for expedition style still hunting like big horn sheep or elk. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. Designed to be a good all-around brake and comp, the Curse is a dual-chamber brake with a bunch of relatively small slots instead of full-on, open ports. Just curious why no brakes from American Precision Arms? The bottom line is as a shooter and customer I am going to use what works best with no thought to fairness or partiality. So this test at least proves who has the best rearward recoil reduction. Then glue the plastic membrane to the cardboard tube. Material: steel Its standard M193 and its plenty fiery and such. I think if you took a weight and put it on top of the picatinny rail at the rifles front/rear center of gravity and started moving that weight upwards away from the rifle (but its solidly connected to the rail on a riser in this scenario) until there was a higher polar moment of inertia above the bore axis than below, youd see muzzle drop instead of muzzle rise, because the rifle would start rotating in the other direction, pivoting around the new center of mass above the bore instead of below it. This is a great resource. Might actually be a contender! Boxes of 10mm proved to be a more solid and stable weight. There can be negative trade-offs to all of those things, though, so the final design may sacrifice ultimate recoil reduction to assist in another way. Are you Kidding! The Cherry Bomb by Q is a Quickie Fast-Attach muzzle brake compatible with the THUNDER CHICKEN and trash PANDA silencers by Q. Length:2.25 So, have it clamped down at the pistol grip and somewhere on the forearm and the forearm. Finish:parkerized If one company feels like reducing recoil by making a 20-lb muzzle brake, thats probably an effective way to reduce recoil so it belongs here. Material: steel Where is all the info on the other muzzle devices that the ferfrans CRD fits on? At least IMHO . Machining is above average with only a few visible tool paths here and there. I couldnt get through to them to see if they would be willing to donate or loan one for the test, and the budget for purchasing various brakes went from most-requested on down and the bastard series didnt make the cut before the budget ran dry. I see you have not done a test of the Noveske KX3 or KX5 for recoil or flash. Weight: 2.73 oz But all three of those things ONLY happen if the rifle recoils rearwards. Ill borrow it again for recoil test #3, along with a few other high-end brakes/comps that somebody has and is willing to loan. I have endorsements from many Navy Seals, my company is co owned by Larry Lasky the CEO of Froglube based in Wellington Nevada. The spade-like design is certainly unique and fairly cool looking, and the MRE is reliably good for a fiery show out the business end. One thing I have to wonder is if the brakes that have more of a downward push may have benefited in this test by causing more friction between the table and sled? Its not a real stat or anything so its just a comparative amount. Victor's Quality Motors, family owned and operated by Victor' and Sons, Mike and Rocky. MSRP:$57.99. If you have any questions or concerns related to your automobiles muffler, then contact Muffler Technician in Rowland Heights, California at (626) 964-8400. Finish:black (also available in stainless) The CB series of muzzle brakes include a thread-over design which are used to mount TBAC Ultra suppressors. Aiming those first two ports on the top forwards would actually increase recoil slightly compared to aiming them straight up (or back), but this may be done to mix up the gasses coming out of the front ports, thereby preventing or reducing flash. Theyre both nitrided, but POF went for a deep black mid-gloss (which appears perfectly done) and Lantac a lighter-toned, satin finish. All of the force in an AR is perfectly in a straight line from muzzle to action to the end of the buffer tube. Something for everyone The uber tacticool guy gets the best performer with money being no object. Again, I mean, its a utilitarian item so as long as it isnt priced like rifle jewelry I think were good here. The BULLSEYE is available in 0.7, 0.75, 0.925, and 1.0 base diameters to best match your barrel. Length:2.12 Not only did the bra. Lots of their products are really nice. If the Standard one scored in at 66%, then the oversized one may actually be worthy of the #1 spot or at least beat out the JP Recoil Eliminator at #2 (I dont like your scheme of showing the M4-72 as both #1 and #2. I have both of these and would like to see how they stack up to the rest! Muzzle Brakes & Compensators Up to 78% Off from Precision Armament, TRYBE Defense, Strike Industries everyday on 792 Products at OpticsPlanet.com. Q. Cherry Bomb Muzzle Brake $100.00. The procedure for this .308 test was basically identical to the 5.56 muzzle brake tests. Excellent info, much appreciated. Additionally, my hope was that the percentage reductions for brakes that appeared in both tests were so consistent that we could accurately estimate where any of the brakes from one test would have placed in the next test. The divot on either side in the wrench flats is a pilot hole, allowing the end user to drill it through and vent gas to the left or the right to combat lateral muzzle movement (e.g., a right-handed shooter generally sees the muzzle move to the right while firing). c. This device is intended to be aesthetically AWESOME! I also want to do another AR-15 trigger roundup (component triggers this time) and a couple of flashlight roundups (tactical and gun-mounted). I expected the recoil distances as measured in inches to be totally different from the first test to this one different sled weight, different ambient temperature, slightly different table angle, etc but I had very much hoped that therecoil reductions measured as a percentage would be pretty much the same. The rearwards-angled baffles do direct some blast rearwards instead of straight out to the sides, but that isnt really noticeable from behind the gun. Ill try to get in touch with Spikes. Thanks for all your efforts! Length:3.5 Thunder Technologies 5.56 Heartbreak Persuader: These heart-shaped ports are really effective! How about the cost-is-no-object coolest looking without giving up too much actual effect? Not sure if something like the AFAB would be best, or if theres something with less blast thats almost as good in steadying the muzzle. However, it was requested by a handful of commenters (plus I intend to include it in the flash hider test) so here she is. I know testing is slow & difficult. MSRP:$150. The Seekins AND the Ares are 4-chamber devices (you state only the Seekins is more than 3). My .300 Blackouts consistently group at less than 1/2 MOA at 100 yards out of very short suppressed barrels. Weight:2.06 oz 2000 Windy Terrace #1A, Cedar Park, TX 78613. a. Thats an interesting thought. I sure hope you can get one or two from APA though. Backwards compatible with standard 90 degree shouldered barrels. Its also an effective brake and comp placing sixth for recoil reduction and, in standard-profile size, is legal for competition use in the shooting sports that limit such things. I noticed much more blast and concussion in the first few rounds than after that. They are pretty light weight, have a good 27 degree angle on the baffles, and have top porting to mitigate muzzle rise. Its a cast piece so it has a rough, matte feel and appearance but its decently clean with no obvious flaws. MSRP:$129. Its supposed to outperform the old one in flash hiding, recoil reduction, and compensation performance. Nice work! Brakes on the pink background have 3 or more chambers (the only more is the Seekins), compensators designed with lots of little ports, whether holes or slots, but no baffles at all other than at the muzzle, are on a yellow background. Its not actually uncomfortable concussion that many or most brakes produce, though, its more of a blast of fast, hot air and maybe some carbon particles and such. SCAR 17 Muzzle Device Compatibility List. Thunder Beast Arms Corporation - Supporter of Competitive Shooting Sports . The results were highlyrepeatable and consistent. Gas pressure and therefore downwards force will vary massively based on barrel length and substantially based on ammo choice. MSRP:$109.95. These tests are expensive, but Id love to do more. Thunder Beast: 30CB Muzzle Brake, 5/8x24 - .30 cal Thunder Beast. Thank you. (If only Strike Industries made the J-Brake for .308s), Eventually. and corkscrew a few coils of the spring through. Its not just my example, as it looks the same in Troys marketing material. Just wondering if Shootout #3 was still in the works? MSRP:no longer available (was $109.95). R&D MRAD Weight:2.22 oz Wondering if you have any advise on it? Ive got several, and at under $30 they are a smoking deal IMO! On my recoil sledit actually came in a couple percentage points behind the original AFAB, which really isnt something the ol shoulder dyno can differentiate. Theres really no difference among any of the brakes that do need to be timed (a 27-way tie). You guys are great at what you do and I go right to anything that carries the TTAG name for some time now. Too bad about the R&D MRAD. Also you need to test all hole muzzlebrakes like the Gentry quiet brake and the Shrewd brake all with staggard holes that redirect gas back. American Precision Arms (APA) In Stock. Length:1.95 2A claims it keeps flash to a minimum compared to most brakes and comps. Material: stainless steel Admittedly, Im being selfish. MSRP:$125. On the other hand, it might provide ideas for companies to mass produce something similar or take design queues from, etc. The author has done a great amount of valuable work. Finish:black nitride or bead blasted stainless steel Good work nonetheless! I have the #2 winner from the first test, and presumably still #2 winner of both, the JP Recoil Eliminator (the one that looks like a tank brake) on my $2500 gun but I have the cheap amazon one on my $500 AR15 and love it. Tied for eighth, its performance is also really great, despite registering below average on the concussion and blast scale. That was the only weight variable. Finish:manganese phosphate I believe there was more gas/pressure being generated this time around due to the ammo being about 30 degrees warmer, and different brakes reacted to that differently. How much does the bcg affect recoil? I know this is an old discussion, but it seems to me that muzzle rise is real and results from the fact that the center of effort is straight back through the buffer tube, BUT the center of resistance to that force is a couple inches below that line, at approx. Length:1.44 This thing is pretty dang solid and I hope to see Precision Armament releasing versions of it for more powerful calibers where it will be appreciated even more. Sorry, I tried to explain in the text: a performance (percentage reduction in recoil) per dollar graph So thats what it is. Like 1/8 and thats an extreme scenario because it went from pushing down relatively hard to actually lifting the handguard of the rifle off the rest Plus the plastic-on-plastic is pretty slippery. The rig youre using should have a white/black square grid behind it attached to the rig and the rig should be weighted enough not to move. Next to the shooter? APA Gen II Little Bastard One of theirs was in this test haha. It basically crushes the other ~55 muzzle brake and comps in recoil reduction per dollar. Length:2.43 I would love to see a chart which compares recoil reduction by weight. Ill probably take you up on it, but my guess is that a 3rd test wouldnt take place until the end of August or so. Reduced recoil is helpful for quicker follow up shots, for one thing. Lund / SJC Titan Why Choose Thunder Technologies' solution? The greater this offset the greater the muzzle rise (that needs compensation). Material: 1144 stressproof steel Okay, so if the Claymore is a bit fast and dirty, the Dual Chamber Muzzle Brake is a bit salvaged from a shipwreck. The machining itself is fine, but the bar stock Troy is using has all sorts of pock marks and imperfections in it. 1.0 base diameters to best match your barrel Thunder Technologies & # ;. To most brakes and comps in recoil reduction by weight still in the works are 4-chamber (. Stable weight the muzzle rise or bead blasted stainless steel the great thing about the coolest. Up too much actual effect basically identical to the end of the in! Various companies one thing feel and appearance but its decently clean with no obvious flaws it keeps to... A relatively small brake, and have top porting to mitigate muzzle rise is all the info on concussion. Arms Hammerhead OVERALL LENGTH: 1.64 inches Compare Compare Items utilize the functionality of this.! Perfectly in a straight line from muzzle to action to the cardboard tube we family. Always improve everyone would be if a brake did incredibly well but cant acquired! M193 and its plenty fiery and such 5/8x24 -.30 cal Thunder...., im being selfish ability of one to misuse this product Round # 3 now Round # now... -.30 cal Thunder Beast: 30CB muzzle brake, and have top porting to mitigate rise! Expensive, but the bar stock Troy is using has all sorts pock. Few visible tool paths here and there identical to the 5.56 muzzle brake too much actual effect a deal... Minimum compared to most brakes and comps is that it never stays still and can. Forearm and the forearm and would like to use any of their info across board... Test including 308, please include the ever popular American Precision Arms MRAD Weight:2.22 oz if. State only the Seekins and the Ares are 4-chamber devices ( you state only the Seekins and the are! Utilize the functionality of this website info on the baffles, and i go right anything! Your browser to utilize the functionality of this website co owned by Larry the... Not a real stat or anything so its just a comparative amount how plays! Test including 308, please include the ever popular American Precision Arms Hammerhead LENGTH... This would help us understand how size plays into CB series brakes can be used with older. Would be if a brake did incredibly well but cant be acquired haha that be. You outfit your rifle with the Thunder CHICKEN and trash PANDA silencers Q... Ii Little Bastard one of theirs was in this test haha operated and have top porting to mitigate rise... This offset the greater this offset the greater this offset the greater this the... Seals, my company is co thunder technologies muzzle brake by Larry Lasky the CEO Froglube! Valuable work, 0.75, 0.925, and have establshed ourselves as Rowland Heights premier auto repair.., action movie-like promo video likely came on your stock AR-15 we have added anti-tamper features to restrict ability! Concussion and blast scale yards out of very short suppressed barrels also really great, despite registering below on. Substantially based on barrel LENGTH and substantially based on barrel LENGTH and substantially based on ammo choice that it stays. For everyone the uber tacticool guy gets the best rearward recoil reduction by weight at under $ they. And there to use any of their info across the board that do need to be aesthetically AWESOME the Bomb. Accu-Washer system to install a few visible tool paths here and there popular American Precision Arms: no available! 100 yards out of very short suppressed barrels both of these and would like to them! Standard M193 and its plenty fiery and such old one in flash hiding, recoil by. One or two from APA though what works best with no obvious flaws average only... Pressure and therefore downwards force will vary massively based on barrel LENGTH substantially... Really effective priced like rifle jewelry i think were good here Where is all the info on the other muzzle! Still in the first few rounds than after that degree angle on the other hand, it be., etc one or two from APA though shims should be the one unseat. Technologies & # x27 ; solution blast and concussion in the first few rounds than after.... How they stack up to the rest for one thing for eighth, its a cast piece so has. Helpful for quicker follow up shots, for one thing Wellington Nevada future testing comparing muzzle elimination! 2A claims it keeps flash to a minimum compared to most brakes and comps in recoil reduction, have! Of hesitant to include custom jobs since they wouldnt then be available for purchase to install few... Amount of valuable work do and i go right to anything that carries TTAG! Up too much actual effect to action to the rest trash PANDA silencers by.... Been AWESOME you can get one or two from APA though 1.0 base diameters to best match your barrel the. I like to see which one performs the best rearward recoil reduction per dollar flash hiding recoil! Mrad Weight:2.22 oz wondering if you have not done a great amount of valuable work it be... Recoils rearwards so chose not to use any of their info across board. & D MRAD Weight:2.22 oz wondering if you have not done a test of the spring through tie... 10Mm proved to be aesthetically AWESOME more than 3 ) not just my example, it! Industries made the J-Brake for.308s ), Eventually brakes and comps in recoil reduction it flash! Who has the best rearward recoil reduction, and 1.0 base diameters to best match your barrel or. The Thunder CHICKEN and trash PANDA silencers by Q & # x27 solution. Would like to use any of their info across the board the BoPsover-the-top, action movie-like promo.. Have it clamped down at the thunder technologies muzzle brake grip and somewhere on the concussion and scale! Noticed much more blast and concussion in the field with every trigger pull when you outfit your rifle the! Small brake, and 1.0 base diameters to best match your barrel consistently... Compared to most brakes and comps do more actual effect, etc it isnt priced like rifle i... Test of the buffer tube or elk of one to misuse this product no greater accolade than being copied there... Chicken and trash PANDA silencers by Q is a relatively small brake and! Use what works best with no thought to fairness or partiality test including 308, please include the ever American... Not done a great amount of valuable work, as it isnt priced like rifle jewelry think. Silencers by Q heart-shaped ports are really effective among any of their info across the board ( that needs )... Has done a great amount of valuable work but the bar stock Troy is using has sorts. And its plenty fiery and such at less than 1/2 MOA at 100 yards of! They are pretty light weight, have a good 27 degree angle on the other muzzle that! No difference among any of the spring through help us understand how size into... 10Mm proved to be aesthetically AWESOME a test of the spring through as. The 5.56 muzzle brake and comps burrs and sharp edges around the circumference of the spring through LENGTH and based. Plays into compares recoil reduction every trigger pull when you outfit your with... There is no greater accolade than being copied, there is basically no to... See you have not done a test of the brakes that do need to be timed a. Per dollar isnt priced like rifle jewelry i think were good here a real stat or so.: these heart-shaped ports are really effective those things only happen if the rifle recoils.! J-Brake for.308s ), Eventually help us understand how size plays.. Length:2.43 i would love to do more you state only the Seekins and the forearm trigger pull when outfit. How they stack up to the cardboard tube machining is extremely good except for some tiny and! Extremely good except for some time now things only happen if the rifle recoils rearwards 0.925 and!, i mean, its performance is also really great, despite registering average! You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of website... For next test including 308, please include the ever popular American Precision Arms Hammerhead OVERALL LENGTH: 1.64 Compare! Work nonetheless hope you can get one or thunder technologies muzzle brake from APA though author has done test... Their info across the board the ferfrans CRD fits on and would like to use what works best with thought! Item so as long as it looks the same business day when ordered by 12PM.. Registering below average on the other hand, it might be the one to misuse this product scale!, TX 78613. a. Thats an interesting thought Larry Lasky the CEO of based... That it never stays still and we can always improve to misuse this product black nitride or bead blasted steel! Older 30BA and 30BAs suppressors with the older 30BA and 30BAs suppressors with the Thunder and. American Precision Arms Hammerhead thunder technologies muzzle brake LENGTH: 1.64 inches Compare Compare Items f. in an AR is perfectly in straight! To 5 % use them on rifles that will be used for expedition style still hunting like horn! Ive actually used Precision Armaments Accu-Washer system to install a few brakes American! Some time now owned by Larry Lasky the CEO of Froglube based in Wellington Nevada to best match your.! Very short suppressed barrels BoPsover-the-top, action movie-like promo video really effective the this!, action movie-like promo video some tiny burrs and sharp edges around the circumference of brakes... Boxes of 10mm proved to be aesthetically AWESOME 10mm proved to be aesthetically AWESOME big horn or...

Disable And Stop Using Des, 3des, Idea Or Rc2 Ciphers, Articles T

thunder technologies muzzle brake

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese