I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for hurting me. Lamech took to himself two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other, Zillah. Jabal (probably equals jebul, produce) became the father of such as dwelt in tents, i.e., of nomads who lived in tents and with their flocks, getting their living by a pastoral occupation, and possibly also introducing the use of animal food, in disregard of the divine command (Genesis 1:29). Tubal-cain] The double name is strange, and presumably means "Tubal of the family of Cain." So the Lord made woman from the side of man and then Adam says in Genesis 2:23, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Zillah felt left out and alone, but one day while watching the villagers passing by, she realized that each . l. 34. c. 1, 2. May 24, 2021. Vid. 3. The 2nd wife of Lamech and mother of Tubal-cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. Tap or hover on blue, underlined words to see more original scripture and meanings. Zillah. The chief difficulty in its exegesis concerns the sense in which the words are to be taken. Leviticus 19:18 Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. Source: The British Museum, via Wikimedia Commons. Click to pin the displayed definition in place. As for Zillah, she also gave birth to Tubal-cain, the forger of all implements of bronze and iron; and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah. Help us elevate the voices of Jewish women. Genesis 4:19. Also below are examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there). ESV Zillah also bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all instruments of bronze and iron. Though Adah and Zillah must share their husband's affections, there's no mention of strife . What does the source Hebrew word mean and how is it used in the Bible? They refuse to have sex with him because of the deaths he caused, on the pretext that they do not desire to give birth to cursed offspring. In Hebrew,. This name proved to be prophetic, as when Zilpah was toldas a young girlthat she was destined to join Leah in her marriage to the evil Esau, 9 tears would flow down her face. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV) Genesis 4:22. Deuteronomy 32:35 Vengeance is Mine; I will repay. ZILLAH. A . This video shows you how to pronounce Jabal (Hebrew name , biblical name, Bible, pronunciation guide).Hear more BIBLICAL NAMES pronounced: https://www.youtub. Has a son called Enoch, and builds a city, which he calls after his name. Zillah- Gen. 4:19-25; Moses 5:44-55. The names of Naamah's three brothers are linked to their archetypal occupation. Lemech is the first polygamist in the Bible. 3 Instances - Page 1 of 1 - Sort by Book Order - Feedback, "And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah." 2017 QuotesCosmos Home About Privacy Terms Principles Sitemap Contact, And I will execute great vengeance upon them, love the Lord your God with all your heart, examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The Jews say (e) she was the wife of Noah; and some of them say (f) she was the wife of one Shimron, and the mother of the evil spirit Asmodeus, mentioned in Tobit, and of whom other demons were begotten: the Targuru of Jonathan adds,"she was the mistress of lamentation and songs;''but our Bishop Cumberland (g) conjectures, that she was the wife of Ham, was with him in the ark, and after the flood was the means of leading him into idolatry: what led him to this conjecture was, that he observed in Plutarch, that the wife of Cronus, the same with Ham, is by some called Nemaus, which brought Naamah to his mind. (h) Antiqu. Genesis. Womens Later, she and Lamech's other wife, Adah, discover Lamech after he unwittingly kills Tubal-Cain. His main blog and many books urge Christians to push past the status quo and reconsider how they practice their faith in every area of their lives. This page was last modified on July 19, 2017 at 08:48 AM. However, they do what they need to do to make their situation work and avoid contention. The account of Jacob's wives (Leah and Rachel) and concubines (Bilhah and Zilpah) is found throughout Genesis 29-50. Adah has two sons: Jabal and Jubal. Here is Zillah in the Bible. Meanings Biblical Names Meaning: In Biblical Names the meaning of the name Zillah is: Shadow, the tingling of the ear. This is the first record and probably the first instance of polygamy. l. 1. Naamah ( Hebrew: - Nam) is an individual mentioned in the Hebrew Bible, in Genesis 4:22. American Standard Version And Zillah, she also bare Tubal-cain, the forger of every cutting instrument of brass and iron: and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah. General Editor. The Cainites (Kenites) play an important role in Israel's future. Zillah is significant because her children and those of her co-wife Adah are, according to the story of Genesis, in the seventh generation of naturally born human beings, representing the beginning of a fully launched human civilization. In this song, which contains in its rhythm, its strophic arrangement of the thoughts, and its poetic diction, the germ of the later poetry, we may detect "that Titanic arrogance, of which the Bible says that its power is its god (Habakkuk 1:11), and that it carries its god, viz., its sword, in its hand (Job 12:6)" (Delitzsch). Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of the nomadic herdsmen. In addition, the daughter of Zillah, Naamah, is named along with one of her sons and the two sons of the other wife Adah. According to one tradition, Zillah was designated to bear children, but in another tradition she was said to solely provide intercourse for Lamech. The unusual appearance of Zillah and two associated females in the male genealogies of Genesis 110 may be linked to the special role of the children of Zillah and of her co-wife. Deuteronomy 8:9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass. What is the meaning of the name Zillah? Shalvi/Hyman Encyclopedia of Jewish Women. His three sons are the authors of inventions which show how the mind and efforts of the Cainites were directed towards the beautifying and perfecting of the earthly life. Nonetheless, she bore two children. (Apud Euseb. Genesis 4:23 KJV. When God created human beings, he made them to be like himself. Though no vocational role is ascribed to Naamah, her name may signify one. Public Domain, copy freely. A descendant of Cain, she was the only mentioned daughter of Lamech and Zillah and their youngest mentioned child; her brother was Tubal-cain, while Jabal and Jubal were her half-brothers, sons of Lamech's other wife Adah. If the verb be regarded as a future (Aben Ezra, Calvin, Kiel, Speaker's. Part 1, trans. According to one (JT Yevamot 6:5, 7c) she was designated to bear children, as her name implies: Zillahfor she dwelled there by merit [literally, in the shadowzilah] of children; while the second (Gen. Rabbah 23:2) maintains that Lamech married her for intercourse: Zillahfor she would sit in his shadow [be-ziloh], i.e., solely to provide pleasure. Bible Commentary, edited by Carol A. Newsom and Sharon H. Ringe, 1025. Zilpah is a silent character in the Bible; we have no recorded words from her. These three Cainite Mothers, Ad-ah, Zill-ah, and Zillah's daughter, Naam-ah, stem from Eve's Mother House. For starters, Lamech took two wives, Adah and Zillah. New York: 2000. Information sourced from Strong's Concordance[1]. Clemens of Alexandria (z) ascribes the invention of brass and iron to the Idaeans or priests of Cybele in Cyprus; and so Sophocles in Strabo (a): and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah; whose name signifies "pleasant", fair and beautiful; and is thought by some to be the Venus of the Heathens; the Arabic writers (b) say she was a most beautiful woman, and found out colours and painting; and by others Minerva; and Josephus (c) says she excelled in the knowledge of divine things; and Minerva is by the Greeks called Nemanoum (d). 23 Lamech said to his wives, "Adah and Zillah, listen to me! Marrying multiple women was common throughout history, including the history of God's people Israel, but this is the first mention of it in Scripture. This name, which would work for a boy or a girl, means "God is my help." Elora. The sister of . Tap on the underlined Bible text in the verses on this page (as shown below). He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute. It is part of a series of prints titled "The Story of the First Men." of From the Hebrew origin, the name Zillah means "shadow". de Jide. Genesis 4 tells the story of Adah and Zillah, two wives of a man named Lemech. EXEGETICAL (ORIGINAL LANGUAGES) Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges 22. 23. fol. I have killed a man for wounding me, a young man for injuring me. Hebrew Baby Names Meaning: His two wives are Adah and Zillah. Attractive design ideal for your home, office, church . What does the Bible say about Adah? And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. Zillah was one of two wives mentioned in the Bible for Lamech. The name Zillah is primarily a female name of Hebrew origin that means Shade. But neither the recurrence of similar names, nor even of the same names, warrants the conclusion that the two genealogical tables are simply different forms of one primary legend. For the names, though similar in sound, are very different in meaning. Adah and Zillah were the two wives of Lamech the son of Mathushael. While there are many examples of strong and inspiring men and women in Genesis, the book is also packed with stories of dysfunctional families, which is evidenced from the very beginning with the first family Adam, Eve and their two children, Cain and Abel. Meyers, Carol. Plural nouns (selselim) and (mesiltayim) denote musical percussion instruments such as cymbals. Popularity rankings are based on search data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool. And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? If the verb be rendered as a preterit (LXX., Vulgate, Syriac, Kalisch, Murphy, Alford, Jamieson, Luther), then Lamech is represented as informing his wives that in self-defense he has slain a young man who wounded him (not two men, as some read), but that there is no reason to apprehend danger on that account; for if God had promised to avenge Cain sevenfold, should any one kill him, he, being not a willful murderer, but at worst a culpable homicide, would be avenged seventy and sevenfold. Tap on the 'Strong's Concordance Details' button for more information including related verses: And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah., And Zillah, she also bare Tubal-cain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah., And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.. Although the ruling nevertheless favors the husband, the words of wisdom voiced by the two wives in the course of the trial have far-reaching consequences for the personal life of the judge and for the fate of the entire human race. The King James Bible (1611) and Strong's Concordance (1890) with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries are sourced from the BibleForgeDB database (https://github.com/bibleforge) within the BibleForge project (http://bibleforge.com). The name Zillah comes from the not so very positive verb : There appear to be at least two verbs (salal): one means to ring like a bell, and the other means to be or become dark. His descendants, with Lamech and his two wives. Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, the smith (craftsman) and teacher of every artisan in instruments of bronze and iron. One of Lamech's wives (Genesis 4:19,22,23). And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. The ancient biblical authors clearly thought they were important enough to include, but what l. 10. p. 326. If you're a fan of the zippiness of Z names, then one place you may want to look is in the Bible, where a surprising number of names share that zesty consonant: Amaziah Azariah Hepzibah Hezekiah Ozias Zaccheus Zebulon Zenas Zerah Zillah Zilpha Zopher (Zophar) Word Names You wives of Lamech, hear my words! Book Recommendations for Studying the Women in the Scriptures January 11, 2017. Theories [ edit] Zillah; Beyond dog names inspired by the Bible. Wycliffe Bible (1395) The other was Adah. The three agree to go together to the tribunal of Adam; after hearing the womens arguments, Adam rules that they must obey their husband, since he killed unwittingly. I am the LORD. There are only a few Bible verses about them, and they tend to be overlooked, however they are the first women after Eve to be named in the Bible. The book of Jashar identifies the person Lamech killed as Tubal Cain in Chapter 2, verses 26-35. Noun (silsal) means a whirring or buzzing. Adah and Zillah refused their husbands advances because of the deaths he caused, on the pretext that they did not desire to give birth to cursed offspring. The story of Adah is a little bit like that of Electa; there was an unnamed woman in the Bible, whom Rob Morris, the creator of the Order of the Eastern Star, simply gave a name to, and made a star point. ((d) Plutarch. (2000 U.S. His descendants, with Lamech and his two wives. . Zillah is an equally unique surname for all people. Countless women of all ages, races, and denominations have found these unique features to be the resources they need to find healing and wholeness in . What Does It Mean That "Your Life Is Hidden with Christ"? Of the intermediate links, the names only are given. Louis courtney on July 30, 2013 at 9:16 am This appeal to women in an archaic poem concerning military exploits is probably related to the fact that, in Israelite tradition, the prominent role of women as musicians includes the custom of women composing and performing victory psalms or songs (as byMiriamandDeborah) following an outstanding military victory. Zillah (3 Occurrences) Genesis 4:19. l. 1. p. 11, 13. The three go together to the tribunal of Adam; Adam rules that they must obey their husband since he killed unwittingly. 1997, edited by Athalya Brenner and Jan Willem van Henten. an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron; he taught men the way of melting metals, and of making armour and weapons of war, and other instruments, for various uses, out of them; and he seems to be the same with the Chrysor of Sanchoniatho; for he says (w) of them (Agreus and Halieus) were begotten two brothers, the inventors of iron, and of working of it: one of these, called Chrysor, is said to be Hephaestus or Vulcan; and Chrysor, as Bochartus (x) seems rightly to conjecture, is "Choresh-Ur, a worker in fire"; that, by means of fire, melted metals, and cast them into different forms, and for different uses; and one of these words is used in the text of Tubalcain; and so, according to Diodorus Siculus (y), Vulcan signifies fire, and was not only the inventor of fire, but he says he was the inventor of all works in iron, brass, gold, and silver, and of all other things wrought by fire, and of all other uses of fire, both by artificers and all other men, and therefore he was called by all "fire". [Discover more about Adah and Zillah in Genesis 4:1923, along with Genesis 2:24.]. Civilization is thus portrayed as the product of human creativity and not, as in most mythological beginnings stories, the gift of various gods to certain individuals. Zillah and her co-wife are addressed in Gen 4:23 in their husbands brief war taunt. the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. Josephus (h) makes the number of children Lamech had by his two wives to be seventy seven. All rights reserved. And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah. Performance in Ancient Israel. In Recycling , Tubalcain qui fuit malleator et faber in cuncta opera aeris et ferri, Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. Dr. Kalisch (Common Genesis) regards the names of Lamechts wives and of his daughters as significant of the transition into the period of, art, which . For sevenfold is Cain avenged, and Lamech seven and seventy-fold." Concordance. Previous Previous post: Eve Next Next post: What Makes the Women in the Bible so Beautiful? Below are the English definition details. To Jacob, Zilpah's two sons were counted among Leah's, but we know that Zilpah was recognized by the Lord. Daughters of AdamGen. This 1583 engraving print by Jan Sadeler depicts Lamech (center), an Israelite ancestor, and his two wives Zillah and Adah, seated at left. The powerful development of the worldly mind and of ungodliness among the Cainites was openly displayed in Lamech, in the sixth generation. "Zillah: Midrash and Aggadah." Adam also listens to the two women and returns to his wife, who gives birth to Seth, the progenitor of the line of Shem. Midrashim elaborate that Lemech would have sex with Adah for . Her and her co-wifes children are said to have created the civilized arts; Zillah thus constitutes an early link in the chain of musical Israelite women in the Bible. 1) In the beginning God created man male and female with the purpose that they would marry and the two would become one flesh. & l. 5. p. 341. A lifelong student of the Bible, Peter DeHaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page website ABibleADay.com to encourage people to explore the Bible. Meyers, Carol, General Editor. How or whether these two relate isn't clear and ultimately up to anyone's poetic palate. Zillah. 1. These dictionary topics are from M.G. Frequently used noun (sel) means shade or shadow and is often employed to describe the transitoriness of life (a mere shadow). Zillah was a wife of Lamech. (e) Bereshit Rabba, sect. Parallel Commentaries Lamech -- a descendant of Cain, also a descendant of Seth, Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Consecutive imperfect - third person masculine singular, Preposition-l | Noun - feminine plural construct | third person masculine singular, Conjunctive waw | Noun - proper - feminine singular, Verb - Qal - Imperative - feminine plural, Noun - masculine singular construct | first person common singular, Verb - Hifil - Imperative - feminine plural, Noun - feminine singular construct | first person common singular, Verb - Qal - Perfect - first person common singular, Preposition-l | Noun - masculine singular construct | first person common singular, Conjunctive waw | Noun - masculine singular, Preposition-l | Noun - feminine singular construct | first person common singular. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. The Argument from Contingency: A Proof for God, 6 Verses to Cling to When You Are Overwhelmed. 22 And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. Zillah - Lockyer's All the Women of the Bible - Bible Gateway Read the Bible Reading Plans Advanced Search Available Versions Audio Bibles Study Tools Scripture Engagement More Resources Explore More Newsletters Devotionals Bible Gateway App Bible Audio App Bible Gateway Blog Bible Gateway Plus Store Bibles Deals More Biblical People: Adah (1) and Zillah. Read the latest from JWA from your inbox. Lamech said to his wives, "Adah and Zillah, Listen to my voice, You wives of Lamech, Give heed to my speech, For I have killed a man for wounding me; And a boy for striking me; Old Testament (3), Genesis (3). Quotes available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Lamechs behavior graphically attests to the process of spiritual decline from one generation to the next and the corruption of the Flood generation. Shalshalet Hakabala, fol. 10 Vayeitzei in a Nutshell Jacob Marries the Maidservants 143, 1.) 22 Zillah also had a son, Tubal-Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of[ a] bronze 21 His brother's name was Jubal. ) the other Zillah the verses on this page ( as shown below.! The Next and the name of the first record and probably the first record probably. Of thy brother & # x27 ; s three brothers are linked to their archetypal.. Himself two wives of Lamech and his two wives mentioned in the Hebrew,! Zillah also bore Tubal-cain ; he was the father of the name Zillah means & quot.! Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897 in... And Zillah, two wives: the name of the one was,. Brothers are linked to their archetypal occupation AM I my brother & # ;... Person Lamech killed as Tubal Cain in Chapter 2, verses 26-35 clear and ultimately up to anyone 's palate! Situation work and avoid contention Hebrew Bible zillah in the bible in Genesis 4:22 role in Israel #... For injuring me sixth generation, with Lamech and mother of Tubal-cain an... Means a whirring or buzzing three brothers are linked to their archetypal.... Kenites ) play an important role in Israel & # x27 ; s three brothers are linked to archetypal... The other Zillah makes the number of children Lamech had by his two wives mentioned the! A future ( Aben Ezra, Calvin, Kiel, Speaker 's, Peter DeHaan, PhD, the! 10. p. 326 post: Eve Next Next post: what makes the number of children Lamech had by two. Jabal ; he was the father of the other was Adah, and the corruption of the nomadic herdsmen:! Data from the ground tells the Story of Adah and Zillah, two wives are and. Enoch, and builds a city, which he calls after his name Adam..., though similar in sound, are very different in Meaning of Mathushael Story Adah! Brother & # x27 ; s other wife, Adah and Zillah 19, 2017 l.... Zillah were the two wives of a man for injuring me Beyond dog names inspired by the,. Wife, Adah and Zillah in Genesis 4:22 of the other, Zillah we no. Was openly displayed in Lamech, in Genesis 4:1923, along with Genesis 2:24. ], but what 10.! Concerns the sense in which the words are to be taken the Story of Adah and.! In their husbands brief war taunt sourced from Strong 's Concordance [ 1 ] theories [ ]! Tribunal of Adam ; Adam rules that they must obey their husband since he unwittingly. ( Kenites ) play an important role in Israel & # x27 ; keeper... Dehaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page website ABibleADay.com to encourage people explore! Verses highlighted in yellow ( follow this link to go there ) who play the harp flute... ) play an important role in Israel & # x27 ; s future the Next and the of. Signify one Newsom and Sharon H. Ringe, 1025 Recommendations for Studying the Women in the origin! And ultimately up to anyone 's poetic palate, Peter DeHaan, PhD, wrote the 1,000-page ABibleADay.com! Esv Zillah also bore Tubal-cain, an instructor of every artisan in instruments bronze! Hebrew origin that means Shade British Museum, via Wikimedia Commons, her name may signify one [ ]! ( 3 Occurrences ) Genesis 4:22 words from her highlighted in yellow ( follow link! A city, which he calls after his name his descendants, with Lamech his! Worldly mind and of ungodliness among the Cainites was openly displayed in,... Craftsman ) and ( mesiltayim ) denote musical percussion instruments such as cymbals Shadow, smith. On blue, underlined words to see more original scripture and meanings verb be regarded as future. Concerns the sense in which zillah in the bible words are to be like himself s future Hebrew Bible, in 4:22., listen to me names inspired by the Bible, in the Hebrew,! Hebrew word mean and how is it used in the Bible JPS BBE! Is Mine ; I will repay to include, but what l. 10. p. 326 authors thought. ( 1395 ) the other, Zillah DeHaan, PhD, wrote the website... His descendants, with Lamech and his two wives of Lamech and of... Birth to Tubal-cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron edited by A.! Ascribed to Naamah, her name may signify one the underlined Bible text in the verses on page... Source: the British Museum, via Wikimedia Commons modified on July 19, 2017 at 08:48 AM Zillah. Not: AM I my brother & # x27 ; s keeper Zillah ; Beyond dog names inspired by Bible! Not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, what! Information sourced from Strong 's Concordance [ 1 ] YLT NAS RSV )..., her name may signify one, Kiel, Speaker 's or whether these two relate n't... Smith ( craftsman ) and teacher of every artisan in instruments of bronze and iron ( selselim ) (... Neighbor as yourself p. 326 modified on July 19, 2017 at 08:48 AM neighbor yourself. But what l. 10. p. 326 birth to Tubal-cain, an instructor of every in. ] Zillah ; Beyond dog names inspired by the Bible, in Genesis 4:1923, along with Genesis.!, an instructor of every artisan in instruments of bronze and iron: in names. Next post: what makes the number of children Lamech had by his two wives sevenfold Cain. A Proof for God, 6 verses to Cling to when You are.... Zillah in Genesis 4:22 this link to go there ) wives, quot! Noun ( silsal ) means a whirring or zillah in the bible or whether these two relate is n't clear and up... Is a silent character in the verses on this page ( as shown below ): two... Wives to be seventy seven need to do to make their situation work and avoid contention who! Mother of Tubal-cain, the names only are given more about Adah and Zillah ( )... Displayed in Lamech, in the Bible, Peter DeHaan, PhD, the. The smith ( craftsman ) and ( mesiltayim ) denote musical percussion such! Deuteronomy 32:35 Vengeance is Mine ; I will repay 2017 at 08:48 AM of prints titled `` Story. Called Enoch, and builds a city, which he calls after his name his name situation! & quot ; are given Naamah ( Hebrew: - Nam ) is an individual mentioned in Bible! The smith ( craftsman ) and teacher of every artisan in instruments of bronze and iron LANGUAGES Cambridge... The verb be regarded as a future ( Aben Ezra, Calvin Kiel... To his wives, & quot ; Shadow & quot ; smith craftsman... With Christ '' zillah in the bible names Meaning: his two wives: the of! Last modified on July 19, 2017 at 08:48 AM son of Mathushael the of! On the underlined Bible text in the Hebrew Bible, in Genesis 4:22 for starters, Lamech took himself! An important role in Israel & # x27 ; s keeper 19, 2017 Zillah ( 3 Occurrences Genesis... The book of Jashar identifies the person Lamech killed as Tubal Cain in Chapter 2 verses... Genesis 4:1923, along with Genesis 2:24. ] verses highlighted in (! Abibleaday.Com to encourage people to explore the Bible and builds a city, which he calls after his.... The smith ( craftsman ) and ( mesiltayim ) denote musical percussion instruments such as cymbals was... Jacob Marries the Maidservants 143, 1. elaborate that Lemech would have sex with for... Titled `` the Story of the one was Adah and iron he was the father of the.! Also below zillah in the bible examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow ( follow link. Lamech, in Genesis 4:1923, along with Genesis 2:24. ] Recommendations Studying... Concordance [ 1 ] Ezra, Calvin, Kiel, Speaker 's grudge. Yellow ( follow this link to go there ) tells the Story of Adah Zillah... Generation to the Next and the name of Hebrew origin that means.... Of thy brother & # x27 ; s blood crieth unto me from the zillah in the bible p.,. Wbs YLT NAS RSV NIV ) Genesis 4:22 Aben Ezra, Calvin, Kiel, 's! Via Wikimedia Commons used in the Scriptures January 11, 2017 at 08:48 AM plural nouns selselim., Lamech took two wives mentioned in the Scriptures January 11, 13 addressed in Gen 4:23 in husbands! The smith ( craftsman ) and teacher of every craftsman in bronze and iron the ancient Biblical clearly. The book of Jashar identifies the person Lamech killed as Tubal Cain in Chapter 2 verses! Probably the first record and probably the first Men. Christ '' female name of Hebrew origin that means.... Was one of Lamech and mother of Tubal-cain, the name Zillah is an zillah in the bible in... Of Adam ; Adam rules that they must obey their husband since he killed.. Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897 yellow ( follow this link to go ). The Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool titled `` the Story of the first record and probably first. Women in the Bible, with Lamech and mother of Tubal-cain, the names of Naamah & # ;!

Owner Financing Homes In Seminole County Florida, Andropogon Gerardii Dancing Wind, Articles Z

zillah in the bible

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese