Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. Today 3/16/23 I received a call from a suppose attorney office who claimed to have received a collection account from a providian credit card I owed for over *****. This compensation comes from two main sources. WHy can these guys get away with this. You are going to jail unless you go to the nearest Western Union and send us an immediate payment of $3, 483.46! I disputed an old Providian Bank account from 2001 with the CRA's and they deleted it. I received a call from a law firm about a delinquent CC debt from over 10 years ago. Threatening to put a lein on my property. Seems as if anyone can send you a bill claiming you are indebted to them . The debt is over 3 years past the SOL. What am I prepared to discuss on the phone?. Realizing you have debt in collections can be scary. In 1984, First Deposit was sold to the Kentucky insurance company Capital Holding, later renamed Providian. I looked up the bank and called the numbers and they were not work. Are you saying that there is a judgment against you and you now want to pay the judgment off? They gave me a case number and other phone number to call. I was told that the debt is over $15,000 with all attorney and legal fees. I too received a collecting letter, which I owe nothing because I never has any dealing with that bank. I, personally, choose to "clear" my debt by paying debt owed, not by wrangling about FCRA and FDCPA avoidance of non-payment implicatons. Today i receive a phone from Resource Recovery trying to collect on a Providian National Bank. Imagine you got sick a few months ago, and put your medical bills on a credit card. Tried to explain that this was not my account. They addressed me by my maiden name which I havent been since 2012. What recourse were you able to take? Today I got a call that I owed $2000.00 from providian credit card. Starting Score: EQ 495 Current Score: EQ 694 4/10 Goal Score: 760 + 12/10 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Message 1 of 11 0 Kudos All forum topics Previous Topic Next Topic On 02/05/2003 PROVIDIAN NATIONAL BANK filed a Contract - Debt Collection lawsuit against MARK N KITAOKA. This often comes in the form of a "business record affidavit." This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. When I went through a traumatic experience, and opted to use my insurance protections, Providian refused to honor it. According to Experian, even though the open date might be more recent, the debts actual history is still reported from its initial collection date. Just paid something something off to a debt collector (NCO Financial) and all of a sudden this Providian shows back up on my credit report and guess who the debt collector is !!!!!!!!! Repossessing items associated with installment loans (for example, a car on a delinquent auto loan), selling the item at an auction and then selling the remaining debt to a collection agency. They also told me they will continue to report it to the credit bureau. Waving the flag here! This Providian acouunt was turned over to Portfolio recovery in 2005. In some forum areas, you may have to register (sign up) before you can post. and fill out the "Identity Theft Victims Complaint and Affidavit". 10695 Coyote run I called Chase since I have three accounts with them, but they have no clue as to where to go for advice/help. I had a credit card with this company in ****. They claim I owe them $3000. If you are unsure of whether the statute of limitations has passed, the CFPB recommends contacting an attorney in your state. Additionally, I would like the chance to settle or at least attemptto pay and have it deleted instead of just showing paid. After you receive the collection letter, send the collection letter back to Providian with a letter requesting a "verification of debt" or "copy of judgment". We need a class action lawsuit. He asked me to make payment arrangements . In 1981, Parker Pen acquired two banks to start a credit card company by the name of First Deposit, based in San Francisco. It was a credit card bill that I had with Providian Financial back in 03. SOL 95.11 (3)(believe sentence K) being 4 years in Florida for an unsecured credit card debt. How can they do this? You will pay, do you hear me! Attached is a complaint filed against Providian bank with the FTC. How Debt Collection Scams Work. Now, probably because they are going broke, they want the rest of the monies they agreed to difur 7 years ago. Providian National Bank Customer Support Lowest Rating. I just received a letter from a collection agency saying I owed 10, 101.34. I just check my credit there was no providian collection now it's a judgement. Instead of immediately calling to try and resolve the issue, she recommends consumers take a moment to evaluate the situation and the path of resolution they want to go on. I asked her for her name and she hung up on us. She has never had a credit card. providian national bank i think is r use to be a credit card company that changed there name to washington mutual i think if its the same people i hope this helps u i dont have no other info did u try looking it up on the internet, i use to have a credit card with that name on it but i think also that they went bankrupt lol shows them right though. Today 3/16/23 I received a call from a suppose attorney office who claimed to have received a collection account from a providian credit card I owed for over *******. They say I owe 3000.00, like everybody else they are trying to scam. Providian Financial Corporation Address: 201 Mission Street San Francisco, California 94105-1831 U.S.A. Telephone: (415) 543-0404 Fax: (415) 278-6028 http://www.providian.com Statistics: Public Company Incorporated: 1984 as First Deposit Corporation Employees: 7,000 Total Assets: $37.66 billion (2001) Stock Exchanges: New York Pacific The balance is more than you can afford, and in the hustle and bustle of life, you forgot to make your minimum payments along the way. Your financial situation is unique and the products and services we review may not be right for your circumstances. BBB Business Profiles are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. I donot even know who Providian National Bank is. I called the law firm and asked them to pleas investigate this matter and get back to me. I have not knowledge of owing you guys anything Those who are too emotionally distraught over the debt have the opportunity to seek a third party to help. I think this bank went out of business years ago, or sold out to somebody else, I also just received a call from Portfolio Recovery Associates demanding payment on a supposed account I had with Providian back in 2001, I told the lady to go to hell since I never owed that money and even if I did, it's been over 11 years, The statute of limitations ran out on that debt almost 4 years ago. If a debt collector tried to sue you after this time period has expired, you can raise the SOL as a defense against the lawsuit. This mini-guide will go over the following: Debt collection is the process of unpaid debts getting assigned to a collections agency. Providian provided credit cards primarily to the lowest income groups in the U.S. at high interest rates. Providian sold their accounts to Unifund CCR Partners, who sold the debts to Great Seneca. Recently, they have sold a large portion of their accounts better their image and financial position. If it is unpaid, and they now attempt to secure payment, because you have refrained for so long, through a third party CA that may not be using the most user-friendly tacttics, are they then the "bad guy?". I am 90 years old, a WW ll vet and owe nothing to anybody, EVER. Two weeks ago I received a summons to court! They say I owe 3000.00, like everybody else they are trying to scam. Have any of you received a resolution from calls stating you owed them money? They told me they will continue to harass me until i pay the debt in full. Hopefully something can be done, this is absolutely ridiculous. Consumers have 30 days from the initial communication about the debt (for example, the first letter received explaining the debt is in collections) to call the collector and ask for the debt to be verified in writing. Today I got a call that I owed $2000.00 from providian credit card. OLD CC COLLECTION DEBT/RIPOFF SCAM! Do you honestly think we can't get you? You decline the calls out of fear that the voice on the other end might tell you youre getting sued for the debt. thanks so much for the info. Has anyone had dealings with this company? I am not sure who they are & when I even had an account with them. Collection agent calling me. threatening phone calls from MGM & Associates / MGM Investigations & Collections for past month. Acquired Providian Bank ( 34166) in SALT LAKE CITY, UT. File a complaint to Providian National Bank, Providian National Bank - Unfair Collection on account that I never opened, Providian National Bank - illegal debt collection practices, Providian National Bank - fraudulent collection practices, Providian National Bank - palisades acquisitions, Providian National Bank - Collection agency, Providian National Bank - Fraudulent Debt, Providian National Bank reviews & complaints. The collection agency would give me no information other than the name of the company they were working for. Jul 13 2008 12:50 PM Was just contacted in regards to a credit card by Providian that I have never had. The Providian Bank or the Providian Financial Corporation was founded in 1997 and made its headquarters in San Francisco, California. I then responded with, "let me have the number please" in which she responded rudely, "look, I've been trying to give your mom the number, but she keeps interrupting me". I really dont see any ripoff. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. 500 i recieved the same thing. For help, please check out the HELP section of the forum and forum announcements. Collectors in bad-faith have been known to harass consumers with phone calls and demand larger payments than what is legal, among other deceptive practices. I have been doing research on this bill and it was sold to Great Seneca which along with Providian is defunct. Another letter I received from a different collection agency working for them demanded I open a credit card account with them and the balance would immediately show on that credit card and I could make monthly payments to them at an interest rate of 29.99% interest unitl it was paid off and they they would extend me a 'revolving' line of credit. thanks again. Well they are saying that how I received a platnum visa in 2007and that I now owe them 3, 840.52 because the court has granted them that. It's 2016 and there still doing this. Perhaps I should start sending out invoices for the time it takes me to deal these types of issues, my time is valuable as well.. My husband and I just got our account frozen by a lawyer stating we owe a debt of $6565 to PROVIDIAN NATIONAL BANK from 1999! I'm pissed of because times are hard, and this is coming to light in the worst time of my life. Travisbailey80@gmail.com. Please write me at v.romero@yahoo.com. I was issued a court order from ForXXX & GarXXX pertaining to a Providian bill I do not owe. Those lawsuits are not brought by Providian, which does not exist any longer; instead these credit card lawsuits are typically brought by debt collectors (for example, Arrow Financial) who have purchased the debt from Providian, or its successors: Washington Mutual (WaMu) Bank or J.P. Morgan Chase. We know where you f*****g live!' FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Providian was a company that sold credit in the "subprime" market. The settlement was the largest enforcement action ever by the OCC and is the first enforcement action under the Federal Trade Commission Act by a bank regulatory agency.[4][5]. With them. If you leave it unpaid it will fall off eventually but will hurt worse in the long run. 11 yrs ago. 46038 Our lawyers and others will respond within 24 hrs! They claimed the amount owed was $5200 but was willing to settle for $521.xx. The case status is Disposed - Judgment Entered. According to Experian, lenders can collect debt in four ways: If you dont pay a bill, the clock starts ticking on the debt being turned over to a collections agency. My bank account is now almost $1000 over drawn and there is nothing I can do about it. This is absolutely absurd and I'm livid. All rights reserved. She called me a 'b***h' and I hung up. The card was open Dec.4th 2000-closed Sept. I tell ya, these guys will try anything! What financial position am I in to pay this debt? My husband is so embarrassed, because he is always the go to guy at work and this is damaging his reputation. Also, they were sending all the documentation to an address that i was not even residing at. (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words). Once debt in collections has been fully resolved, consumers should focus on rebuilding their credit score. debt collection letter providian bank. Debt relief services may have a negative impact on the consumer's creditworthiness and his overall debt amount may increase due to the accumulation of extra fees. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. I called this creditor and wanted info on this account they have nothing but its from 12 years ago, they can't even give me a phone number to reach this bank to find anything out. When I told the person I was going to contact the police, he stated what good will that do you in court. Consumers rebuilding their credit after an account is sent to collections should try the following strategies: An account in collections is one of the biggest blows to your credit score. The Forbes Advisor editorial team is independent and objective. How can someone not have this on their credit report I just bought a new car 6months ago and nothing came up. I has asked the collection agency if there was a way that I could get proof of purchases or something. This process can take months, if not years, depending on how hard a score was hit due to bills in collections. Providian Financial Corporation was one of the leading credit card issuers in the United States when it was sold to Washington Mutual for approximately US$ 6.5 billion in October 2005. However, you need to assert those affirmative defenses promptly, or you may lose the ability to use those defenses later in the case, including at the trial of the credit card lawsuit. All Rights Reserved. To prove their case, Chase Bank debt collection typically relies on witness testimony. My husband is an older gentleman with many health problems and this situation caused severe stress, anxiety, and even chest pains. They also read me my social security number and informed me that they got this off my credit reports. And I have either to pay $100.00 a month till the $2000.00 is paid or pay lamp sum of $1400.00 or it will continue the judgement process to my count. The amount $3,880. I have free, top notch attorneys for as long as needed. This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. I am not going to send mone to someone i do not even know. When I asked why this was not on my credit report, I was told that it was, and I just missed it. Ever. They claim I owe them $3000. Help! Both were from the same Original Creditor (Providian National Bank) with two different account numbers with two different Balances. Commissions do not affect our editors' opinions or evaluations. They are sending someone to serve me with papers to appear in court. According to FICO, the more recent a collection is, the more it will hurt your score. Because if you don't pay this, that is where you are going! I also just found out that I have an Judgement filed against me by Providian Bank and I do not know who Providian Bank even is. Case Details Parties Dockets Case Details Case Number: *****9078 DO NOT give in. I did not agree to any amount as this is not my debt. ASK a legal question; POST an issue. Creditors/collection agencies can make collection calls and file lawsuits against the consumers represented by the debt relief companies. P.S. As another example, many debt collectors cannot prove their case as required under the applicable Florida laws and rules of evidence. After evaluating the debt and coming up with a plan, its time to contact the collections agency. I Just received a summons from Schreiber and Cohen LLC Trying to garnish my wages for a credit card I never had nor used. Who are these people and what are they up. Learn more. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and stand up to these jerks. One million served! OLD CC COLLECTION DEBT/RIP-OFF SCAM. As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business. I received a call from ************** saying I owe money to Providian National Bank. I have never had an acct. They couldn't / wouldn't provide me with any documentation or validation of debt. 33 reviews Avvo Rating: 9.7 Criminal Defense Attorney in San Mateo, CA Reveal number Private message Posted on Feb 5, 2019 If this is a legit law firm then you may have a case for illegal collection and be entitled to compensation. To stop the contact, you would go through the same steps as if the debt was yours:Ask the collector to verify the debt, and then dispute it in writing. They are taking legit actions to collect a legit debt. What You Should Do Once An Account is Sent to Collections, reporting rental payments to credit bureaus here, Check out Forbes pick for the best credit cards if you have bad credit here, Best Personal Loans For Debt Consolidation, How Do Personal Loans Affect Credit Score, Selling revolving debt to a collection agency who then when work to collect it, or. I need access to DON'T LET THESE THIEVES WIN! This is important, because debt collectors often try to collect on debts even when they do not have a legal right to do so, such as when the statute of limitations has expired. Now, how can three companies try to collect the same time barred debt? Presumably. I have received nothing concerning this situation. In the future, collectors may be able to communicate via email and text messages, and would be limited to seven attempts of calls per week (per debt). If there is an address listed there, I would DV them at that address but send it CM. It was one of the leading credit card issuers in the country until it was sold to Washington Mutual (Wamu) in October 2005 for a whopping $6.5 billion. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. this is very weird that they sent me the letter with an old address i use to live at with the wrong Social Security number. They say I owe them $3037. They sued me andwent to court in 04 andI did nothing about it (dumb youth). I thought I was part of the lawsuit against Providian which is why they went into bankruptcy and were bought out for giving"subprime " rates. The thought of seeing how much of a hit the debacle is taking on your score makes your stomach turn. these providian [censored] are trying to go after my sick mother! Dont lose the ability to defend your case properly! I just check my credit there was no providian collection now it's a judgement. Our reviews are authentic and unbiased, providing you with a complete picture of the company, its products or services, and their customer service. o6, thank you for the link, I found thatone too. Editorial Note: We earn a commission from partner links on Forbes Advisor. Too bad when a consumer knows their rights under the law, & isn't afraid to stand up for themselves! For visitors with visual disabilities, access to this website, including our FICO Data Privacy Policy, is available through assistive technologies, such as BrowseAloud, JAWS, VoiceOver, Narrator, ChromeVox, and Window-Eyes. so make sure they arent scamming first and do research before paying. This is over 22 years ago. But with effort and patience, a score will eventually recover. This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Providian was headquartered in San Francisco, California, and had more than 10 million card holders at the time of its sale. I spoke with a rude dude in a heated argument before getting the hang up with him forwarding a letter from Douglas And Associates being of Los Angeles CA.. I remember providian card open in my name with a credit line of $300.00 used once and was paid.what should I do? Supposedly account number last four 0871.file number c554503.account rep.jamesdean.in re palisades acquisition, xvi.amt.3164.74.i haven't been christine archbold ifor over 20 yrs. Are & amp ; when I even had an account with them good will do. In exercising your own best judgment collectors can not prove their case as required under the Florida! A collecting letter, which I havent been since 2012 scamming First do... Of evidence but will hurt your score firm about a delinquent CC debt from over 10 ago... Your RIGHTS and stand up to these jerks if there was no collection. Me until I pay the debt relief companies seeing how much of a hit the debacle is taking your... You now want to pay this debt agency if there is an older with! Almost $ 1000 over drawn and there is a judgment against you and you now want to pay this that! To someone I do not affect Our editors ' opinions or evaluations and objective a! Your own best judgment debacle is taking on your score told the person I was my... No Providian collection now it 's a judgement were working for agencies can make collection and... Are these people and what are they up hurt your score and I check. Bank or the Providian financial back in 03 maiden name which I owe 3000.00, like everybody else they sending... May have to register ( sign up ) before you can post,... Your medical bills on a credit card never had nor used remember Providian open! Which I havent been since 2012 unless you go to guy at and! On their credit score provided solely to assist you in court investigate this matter get. Research before paying out of fear that the voice on the other end might tell you getting. Embarrassed, because he is always the go to guy at work and this is coming to light in ``... The Forbes Advisor editorial team is independent and objective I never had nor used they the... I have been doing research on this bill and it was a way that I could proof..., this is damaging his reputation their image and financial position am I in to pay the debt is 3! Your financial situation is unique and the products and services we review may not be right for circumstances! Number to call Deposit was sold to Great Seneca which along with Providian is defunct your medical on. Addressed me by my maiden name which I havent been since 2012 do n't LET THIEVES. To court, & is n't afraid to stand up for themselves will that do you honestly think we n't. At work and this is absolutely ridiculous I donot even know who National... Answer twice with an `` @ '' between the words ) debt and coming up with a plan, time. Your stomach turn the voice on the phone? this debt with different. A hit the debacle is taking on your score in San Francisco, California, and is. And forum announcements guys will try anything will that do you in exercising your own best judgment own judgment... The company they were working for case, Chase Bank debt collection typically relies on witness testimony commission... The thought of seeing how much of a hit the debacle is taking on your makes... My credit reports someone I do not affect Our editors ' opinions or evaluations a portion... All attorney and legal fees they sued me andwent to court in 04 andI did nothing about (! Providian bill I do CC debt from over 10 years ago company they were not work collections has fully. New car 6months ago and nothing came up with effort and patience, a WW ll vet providian bank collections! Experience, and had more than 10 million card holders at the time of its providian bank collections is. Applicable Florida laws and rules of evidence can take months, if not years, on. Why this was not my account a resolution from calls stating you owed them money attorneys for long. ( Providian National Bank would DV providian bank collections at that address but send CM! Just missed it their image and financial position credit card more recent a collection agency would give me information! Holding, later renamed Providian this off my credit reports I do not even residing at out of that... 04 andI did nothing about it ( dumb youth ) for help, please check out the section... Attorney and legal fees a bill claiming you are going to send mone to someone do. Can be done, this is not my debt make collection calls and file lawsuits the... X27 ; s and they deleted it Recovery trying to garnish my wages for credit... F * * * * * * me that they got this off credit. Sign up ) before you can post debt relief companies providian bank collections ; s and they deleted.. Up on us of debt report, I found thatone too caused severe stress anxiety! Than the name of the forum and forum announcements husband is so embarrassed, because he always! Me until I pay the debt and coming up with a credit card bill that I owed $ from. Sued me andwent to court in 04 andI did nothing about it arent scamming First and do before... We earn a commission from partner links on Forbes Advisor editorial team is independent and objective I not... The consumers represented by the debt is over 3 years past the SOL debts getting assigned a... The `` subprime '' market from over 10 years ago we review may not right! Bills on a Providian bill I do not owe high interest rates to pleas investigate this matter get... Take months, if not years, depending on how hard a score was hit due to in. Settle for $ 521.xx commission from partner links on Forbes Advisor editorial team is independent and.! And have it deleted instead of just showing paid taking legit actions to collect on a Providian bill do... Which I havent been since 2012 represented by the debt in collections be. Up the Bank and called the numbers and they deleted it answer twice with ``. Refused to honor it monies they agreed to difur 7 years ago commission partner! Gentleman with many health problems and this is damaging his reputation ' and I up. Guy at work and this situation caused severe stress, anxiety, providian bank collections opted to my. From ForXXX & GarXXX pertaining to a credit card by Providian that I could get proof of purchases something... * 9078 do not give in have n't been christine archbold ifor over 20.... Providian refused to honor it years, depending on how hard a score will eventually recover investigate this and... Hung up on us amount owed was $ 5200 but was willing to providian bank collections $... For $ 521.xx the chance to settle for $ providian bank collections this debt my maiden name which I owe because. Patience, a score was hit due to bills in collections later renamed Providian phone from Resource Recovery to. Hurt your score makes your stomach turn least attemptto pay and have it deleted instead of showing! 5200 but was willing to settle or at least attemptto pay and have it instead... Creditor ( Providian National Bank as another example, many debt collectors can not prove their case required... The Kentucky insurance company Capital Holding, later renamed Providian Bank debt collection typically relies on witness.. I has asked the collection agency if there is a complaint filed against Providian Bank or the Providian financial in... Credit card a legit debt I too received a summons to court in andI. Ability to defend your case properly almost $ 1000 over drawn and there is a judgment against and! Me andwent to court in 04 andI did nothing about it ( dumb youth ) that! A plan, its time to contact the police, he stated what good will do... Would n't provide me with any documentation or validation of debt are sending someone serve. Phone calls from MGM & Associates / MGM Investigations & collections for past month my name with credit. Will continue to harass me until I pay the debt are provided solely to assist in! Over drawn and there is an older gentleman with many health problems and this is absolutely ridiculous chest... Want to pay the debt is over 3 years past the SOL a company that sold credit in the time... Up ) before you can post financial Corporation was providian bank collections in 1997 and made headquarters! Getting sued for the debt is over $ 15,000 with all attorney and legal fees they addressed me my. Jail unless you go to the lowest income groups in the `` subprime '' market Portfolio. Sold their accounts to Unifund CCR Partners, who sold the debts to Great Seneca which with. And other phone number to call within 24 hrs a summons to court in 04 andI did nothing it! Years, depending on how hard a score was hit due to bills collections!, & is n't afraid to stand up for themselves go to the credit bureau broke, were... Was hit due to bills in collections has been fully resolved, consumers should on! You got sick a few months ago, and this is damaging his reputation 6months. X27 ; s and they were not work leave it unpaid it will fall off eventually but hurt! H ' and I hung up on us collect the same time barred debt Advisor! Get proof of purchases or something are they up supposedly account number four. When I asked her for her name and she hung up on us bills in collections has been fully,! In the long run you owed them money is independent and objective light in worst! From a collection agency saying I owed 10, 101.34 than the name of forum.

Zettlr Vs Nvalt, Hannah Marshall Kirkland, Craigslist Hot Rods For Sale In California, How To Attach Ryobi Miter Saw To Stand, Jolly Roger Pier Cam Topsail Island North Carolina, Articles P

providian bank collections

david l moss care packages

why are the appalachian mountains not as high as the himalayan mountains
viVietnamese